It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if the page turned the other way?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I wouldn't expect Mexico to break it's own laws on illegal immigration.

Why would I expect that of any country?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

We wouldn't flee to other countries, we'd fight for ours!

A nuclear wasteland isn't really worth fighting for...just saying.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Oh man, look at all this fake armchair red white & blue bravado in this thread. So typical.

Truth is that a lot of people fleeing their countries loved their own countries as well, but those countries were taken over (in some way or another) and ceased to be what they once were. If something that drastic happened here it would never go back to the way it was. Americans do have a special kind of ignorance as far as 'returning to the old days', and this is not a strong trait. Life moves forward. The USA won't last forever, that's just the reality of history. I don't believe any of this 'we'll die fighting' foolishness. Sure, some people will try, but after watching many others die, watching your neighbors kill each other, etc. smarts may actually kick in and force you to move, become migrants, like hundreds of thousands of others... through no fault of their own.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
In fact , if the SHTF , other nationalities would still be coming here

This is true, because if the U.S. actually was falling apart that would mean the rest of the world was already effed.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: Gothmog
In fact , if the SHTF , other nationalities would still be coming here

This is true, because if the U.S. actually was falling apart that would mean the rest of the world was already effed.

Yeah , the rest of the world is already...
Oh , you didnt mean it that way , did you ?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Is your refrigerator running?
Better go catch it.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Oh man, look at all this fake armchair red white & blue bravado in this thread. So typical.

Truth is that a lot of people fleeing their countries loved their own countries as well, but those countries were taken over (in some way or another) and ceased to be what they once were. If something that drastic happened here it would never go back to the way it was. Americans do have a special kind of ignorance as far as 'returning to the old days', and this is not a strong trait. Life moves forward. The USA won't last forever, that's just the reality of history. I don't believe any of this 'we'll die fighting' foolishness. Sure, some people will try, but after watching many others die, watching your neighbors kill each other, etc. smarts may actually kick in and force you to move, become migrants, like hundreds of thousands of others... through no fault of their own.

Oh look another person who believes in nations without borders and the whole WE ARE THE WORLD shtick!

What laws can I decide to not follow? The ones you approve or the ones I decide to disobey? See the problem of how you think? Probably not, but just putting it out there for ya!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Necrobile

My wife and I talk about a lot of things, politics being one of them, so we've actually talked specifically about what you're asking right here. We would do the one thing we believe others should; we would stay and try to fix our country.

We wouldn't blame other countries for not taking us in. If there was a mass exodus of american refugees that countries were forced to take in like they've been other refugees, then I would feel bad for them. A massive influx of americans would not be good for any country, they wouldn't need the worst of our worst just to save some of our good. If any countries were willing to take us in, then I give them kudos and I hope the best for them.

Not sure what kind of "debate" you're looking for. Were you expecting people to argue over whether or not countries should take in americans?? We're a country that was created by fighting off what they believed to be their oppressors, I highly doubt anyone would really be wanting to run if something bad happens, they would fight whether they had a chance or not. We've even got examples in our short history of people doing exactly that.

I think you nailed it!

If you are willing to leave your own country due to being too scared or lazy to fight for what is yours, why would or should any other country want you?

Some of us are in NO condition to fight. None whatsoever. I'm not sure what my problem is, but it involves pain in every joint.

I *know* no country wants me, thanks to being in the poor shape I am in, so I'll be on the front lawn, having something to eat that's definitely bad for me, watching it all go to hell.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: KawRider9

We wouldn't flee to other countries, we'd fight for ours!

BUT... if the POO really hit the fan big time and you lost the fight?

No-one is invicible.

Kindest respects

Lags

Frankly, if our country is lost there is no other country worth running to. At most we'd find a place to hole up, reorganize, and go back in. There are a *lot* of hiding places in our rural areas. Sometimes people forget that we have States larger than their entire nation.
edit on 3-4-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think you're trying to stir up trouble with this post because of the DACA announcement maybe?
In any case, the only scenario in which I see Americans fleeing is if a natural or catastrophic man-made disaster rendered us completely inhabitable. If that were the case and millions of us migrated South, well.. paybacks a bi&ch sometimes. After 4 DECADES of hundreds of thousands of constant illegal immigration traffic from Mexico, I figure they owe us a bit. (yeah, I live in Texas) Now, of course we will set up "Only American' communities, fly American flags, diss everything Mexican, and refuse to learn the language- just to keep things familiar. (yes I'm being sarcastic for those that don't know. If I ever moved to another country I would obviously do my best to honor and respect the customs and traditions of said country, and hopefully be an asset to the community- as some of my Mexican neighbors truly are).

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
I think you're trying to stir up trouble with this post because of the DACA announcement maybe?

Nope... It was an honest question asked from an outsider of the USA and still trying to figure out your culture.

Anything wrong with that?

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Necrobile

My wife and I talk about a lot of things, politics being one of them, so we've actually talked specifically about what you're asking right here. We would do the one thing we believe others should; we would stay and try to fix our country.

We wouldn't blame other countries for not taking us in. If there was a mass exodus of american refugees that countries were forced to take in like they've been other refugees, then I would feel bad for them. A massive influx of americans would not be good for any country, they wouldn't need the worst of our worst just to save some of our good. If any countries were willing to take us in, then I give them kudos and I hope the best for them.

Not sure what kind of "debate" you're looking for. Were you expecting people to argue over whether or not countries should take in americans?? We're a country that was created by fighting off what they believed to be their oppressors, I highly doubt anyone would really be wanting to run if something bad happens, they would fight whether they had a chance or not. We've even got examples in our short history of people doing exactly that.

I think you nailed it!

If you are willing to leave your own country due to being too scared or lazy to fight for what is yours, why would or should any other country want you?

Some of us are in NO condition to fight. None whatsoever. I'm not sure what my problem is, but it involves pain in every joint.

I *know* no country wants me, thanks to being in the poor shape I am in, so I'll be on the front lawn, having something to eat that's definitely bad for me, watching it all go to hell.

I feel your frustration Wyle I really do...

Many people here are all ready to go gung ho a whupping and a whomping into battle and fight to their last breath because they probably think they can and love their coutry in order to defend it...

However and yet again in my opinion :

In reality, they will probably end up crying at the nearest FEMA encampment begging for food, water, medical supplies etc... if all infrastructures go down and they run out of supplies for their basic needs after having thought that they had prepped enough. (Be it weeks, months or years)...

Supplies and the loss of morale do not last forever.

Damn... even a roll/sheet of toilet paper would probably cause an uprising for certain people! (IMO)

I would like to know how long looted pharmacies can last in order to supply all those who are dependant on medication...

How many vegetarians are going to cope with not having the ability to grow and stock grains/veg etc...

The list could go on forever and ever...

THEN and if the FEMA camps cannot cater for their whims they will go on a (each and everyone for him/herself spree.)

That is the way I see it in a culture that depends on everything being sold over the counter and being presented to them by easy and also electronic means.

Those that have more of a chance are those who live "off the grid" so to speak and can probably survive for a while until some gun toting city person (and their group) comes along and sprays them full of lead to aquire their possesions.

Survival of the fittest... Old cliché I know but so true.

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 4-4-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have plenty of Mexican friends.
Some as good or better than family.
I don't like the hatred directed towards them by some.
And bet your buck...they will stand hard for family.
Let us find the most peaceful solution.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Get your water wings on and swim to France mate...

People such as yourself are welcome.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

I doubt I'll be swimming to France any time soon.
Are you telling me to feed myself to the sharks?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

NOOOOOO....

The sharks are pretty cool over here on this side of the pond it's the snails you have to watch out for!

Kindest respects

Lags

Ps. And that was a real invite to France by the way.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

NOOOOOO....

The sharks are pretty cool over here on this side of the pond it's the snails you have to watch out for!

Kindest respects

Lags

I'd have to start on the Atlantic coast. There be great whites in those waters.
France sounds like fun. I have friends in Spain.
You are always welcome in Texas.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

NOOOOOO....

Kindest respects

Lags

I'd have to start on the Pacific coast. There be great whites in those waters.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

NOOOOOO....

Kindest respects

Lags

I'd have to start on the Atlantic coast. There be great whites in those waters.

Texas it is then...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I would go to Canada, just sayin....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join