It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if the page turned the other way?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Greetings folks.

I came across a thread here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which got me thinking as a non USA member but currently affected by legal and non legal immigration in Europe :

The day that the SHTF and people have to escape from the USA (to Mexico) and come across people at the border on the other side bearing arms doing the same thing that happens in the USA... what would you do?

Would you esteem it their right that they protect their borders too?

I hope that this never happens by the way!

Over to you folks to debate.

Kindest respects

Lags

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

We wouldn't flee to other countries, we'd fight for ours!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

BUT... if the POO really hit the fan big time and you lost the fight?

No-one is invicible.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

In order to provide a more accurate answer, I'd need a more accurate scenario.

But to give a general answer; I'm old, so I'd probably die.

link   
Again , dont you worry yourself one little bit feller
We in the US will do just fine
And , there is no other place we had rather be....
In fact , if the SHTF , other nationalities would still be coming here

link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: KawRider9

BUT... if the POO really hit the fan big time and you lost the fight?

No-one is invicible.

Kindest respects

Lags

We'll die at home at least, defending our own.
We've been running and avoiding for far too long.
Deferring to others to our own ruin.
It will reach an end.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

You also have to ask yourself a few questions.

How do you think Mexico would react?

Would they be pressured to receive us with open arms?

Would they be ok with me bringing an American flag and hanging it from my front porch?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

My wife and I talk about a lot of things, politics being one of them, so we've actually talked specifically about what you're asking right here. We would do the one thing we believe others should; we would stay and try to fix our country.

We wouldn't blame other countries for not taking us in. If there was a mass exodus of american refugees that countries were forced to take in like they've been other refugees, then I would feel bad for them. A massive influx of americans would not be good for any country, they wouldn't need the worst of our worst just to save some of our good. If any countries were willing to take us in, then I give them kudos and I hope the best for them.

Not sure what kind of "debate" you're looking for. Were you expecting people to argue over whether or not countries should take in americans?? We're a country that was created by fighting off what they believed to be their oppressors, I highly doubt anyone would really be wanting to run if something bad happens, they would fight whether they had a chance or not. We've even got examples in our short history of people doing exactly that.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In order to provide a more accurate answer, I'd need a more accurate scenario.

But to give a general answer; I'm old, so I'd probably die.

Accurate scenario :

Full blown war with all major cities et all down and out... tons of dead people and total anarchy etc...

Don't pop your clogs on my doorstep please as I hate cleaning up decomposing bodies... Not that I have ever done of course!

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Wan't this exact scenario in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"?

Didn't Mexico refuse to let in the US citizens initially and then they eventually let them in.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
There comes a time when there are more important things at stake than survival. There is no situation where I would run away from my country.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

My wife and I talk about a lot of things, politics being one of them, so we've actually talked specifically about what you're asking right here. We would do the one thing we believe others should; we would stay and try to fix our country.

We wouldn't blame other countries for not taking us in. If there was a mass exodus of american refugees that countries were forced to take in like they've been other refugees, then I would feel bad for them. A massive influx of americans would not be good for any country, they wouldn't need the worst of our worst just to save some of our good. If any countries were willing to take us in, then I give them kudos and I hope the best for them.

Not sure what kind of "debate" you're looking for. Were you expecting people to argue over whether or not countries should take in americans?? We're a country that was created by fighting off what they believed to be their oppressors, I highly doubt anyone would really be wanting to run if something bad happens, they would fight whether they had a chance or not. We've even got examples in our short history of people doing exactly that.

I think you nailed it!

If you are willing to leave your own country due to being too scared or lazy to fight for what is yours, why would or should any other country want you?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

You also have to ask yourself a few questions.

How do you think Mexico would react?

Would they be pressured to receive us with open arms?

Would they be ok with me bringing an American flag and hanging it from my front porch?

I think that they would be quite miffed actually seeing how certain people in the USA feel towards them!?

Would they receive you with open arms as refugees or will you all stomp over the border with your guns and whatnots?

If your neigbourhood lets them hang their flag then why shouldnt they let you hang your flag out as long as you are not promoting some kind of terrorism towards your host country!?

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The day that the SHTF and people have to escape from the USA (to Mexico) and come across people at the border on the other side bearing arms doing the same thing that happens in the USA... what would you do?

Would you esteem it their right that they protect their borders too?

I hope that this never happens by the way!

Over to you folks to debate.

Kindest respects

Sometimes I wonder just what do people think of other countries. We can all relate to countries that are war torn etc but it is funny how people, mainly the left, assume Mexico is some bad place. I would bet the vast majority living there would say otherwise and it sure seems like a Trump level insult to assume it is or suggest that illegals going back to their home is the worst thing that could happen to them.

To to the OP what are you suggesting some movie scenario were the polar vortex freezes the north and so the helpless Americans need to head south?

All I can say is who gives a crap...it is their country

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Again , dont you worry yourself one little bit feller
We in the US will do just fine
And , there is no other place we had rather be....
In fact , if the SHTF , other nationalities would still be coming here

Yeah if the US was going down, not a place on earth would be worth going to.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I wonder if Yellowstone went nuts and turned the whole north hemisphere inhabitable.

What would y'all do?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You're right, I'm not invincible. If I lost the fight, I'd be dead.

I'd die fighting, not running.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I think that they would be quite miffed actually seeing how certain people in the USA feel towards them!?

I wonder how miffed they are when liberals assume going back there is the worst thing to happen to a person. If I was in France illegally, and they caught me, would the French scream oh NO don't send him back to that hell hole of a country USA!!

Trump might have called some countries Sh!tholes, but I truly think the left believe that they are...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
I wonder if Yellowstone went nuts and turned the whole north hemisphere inhabitable.

What would y'all do?

I guess I'll die.

ih1.redbubble.net...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Wonder why these people didn't head to Brazil or some other south American country.
They were closer...
Hmmm

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join