It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Was Authorized to Investigate Paul Manafort’s Work for Ukraine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The date on the memo is 8-2-2017 and the FBI raid on Manafort's home was 7-26-2017 . I think there is some more to this and Manafort may still have some legal ground to stand on . I'm not an Attorney but I smell something rotten .

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

The date on the memo is 8-2-2017 and the FBI raid on Manafort's home was 7-26-2017 . I think there is some more to this and Manafort may still have some legal ground to stand on . I'm not an Attorney but I smell something rotten .

YEah usually raiding someones home without permission is grounds for all evidence being thrown out.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

YEah usually raiding someones home without permission is grounds for all evidence being thrown out.

A warrant is a warrant. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

A warrant executed by someone who had no power to issue one is a illegal one. Issuing a warrant after the search is done isnt legal is it? you have to have one before a search.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Secret memos and procedings....

....it makes me uneasy.

Secret stuff that some how makes it way to us... That is even more uneasy...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

A warrant executed by someone who had no power to issue one is a illegal one. Issuing a warrant after the search is done isnt legal is it? you have to have one before a search.

Too bad Mueller had the authority and the warrant. Do keep up. Manafort has zero defense.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

They will get to answer for this.
Rosenstein seems to have had no idea where this was going to lead to.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

They will get to answer for this.
Rosenstein seems to have had no idea where this was going to lead to.

It is interesting that the memo was issued after the warrant allowed Mueller to gather documents relating to earlier crimes. I wonder what they discovered.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Yeah cops always get authorization AFTER searches and seizures, not before.
Go back to bizzaro land, this in no way is normal.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Yeah cops always get authorization AFTER searches and seizures, not before.
Go back to bizzaro land, this in no way is normal.

Why are you assuming Mueller did not have a warrant when he raided Manafort's house? If he didn't, Manafort would not have cooperated, would he? That would be this issue, not whether he had the authority to prosecute what he found using the warrant.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I never posted ANYTHING about a warrant.
AUTHORIZATION of the SC is the issue.
Why get a permission slip if you ALREADY HAD PERMISSION?(perhaps because you really didn't)
No worries, Rod will have to answer for this, and if Manafort really did commit crimes and they get thrown out because of crappy police work then Mueller will have to answer as well.
Or do you think the ig at work in the fbi has stopped looking into fbi shenanigans???

Why write a note for things that were authorized???

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
www.nationalreview.com...

In this sense, the August 2 memo’s amplification of Mueller’s jurisdiction is no more edifying than the May 17 appointment order’s original grant of jurisdiction, which authorized Mueller to investigate “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of Donald Trump.” It is not a crime to have “links” to, or to “coordinate” with, Russia. To be sure, it would be a crime to, say, coordinate with Russia in the hacking of email accounts. But Rosenstein does not allege anything like that. So even with the amplification, we still do not know what crimes Rosenstein suspects, such that “collusion” should have prompted the appointment of a special counsel.

I wonder if this is why the judge did not throw out manaforts motion yesterday?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

is the judge a obama one?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Why write a note for things that were authorized???

To prevent quibbling lawyers from finding technicalities. What if the IG finds that the corruption is among the Trump appointees? Would that invalidate Rosenstein's authorization? Might that not be the set up? Throw Sessions and Rosenstein under the bus to stop Mueller?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

is the judge a obama one?

I believe he is a Bush one. Same difference, he's not a Trump hack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join