It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 17 boy, 16, is gunned down and 15-year-old youth stabbed in another night of violence.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It's an unnecessary mess imo.

With that being said if I was confronted in my own home with a trespasser I'd probably lose it in a very aggressive way, I cannot differentiate between a thief and somebody wishing me harm.

I've experienced home invasions before, you can't rely on your counterpart's incompetence or the swiftness of the law in such situations, every second counts.

If it was ever to happen again I can only hope the law finds my actions, whatever they may be justifiable. Because I could never reasonably justify allowing someone free reign in my home.

It's too dangerous.

Home is the castle.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: intrptr

I'd have to dig into this a bit more but initially I didn't think it would be due to them being armed or not.

I was thinking it was probably down to the fact that speeding tickets are issued to generally law-abiding citizens who may do a song and dance but seldom ever "fight the system"especially physically.

I imagine if a criminal receives a parking ticket he/she would just accept it rather than going through the system or being subject to more background checks on the spot.

Or maybe your" ticket maids" hold the secret of public relations for policing.

If you can, see the US Television series, Parking Wars...

Lots of irateness there, Imo, the lack of violence is directly attributable to parking authority walks their beat unarmed...

search result

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

They will either kill you first

At this point in time, the police in this country aren't psychopaths but I can understand your concern. American trends do seem to trickle a cross the pond.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Pandaram

They will probably get about 10 years and be out in five...

Are the police in UK carrying sidearms yet?

Not in my constabulary Devon & Cornwall, largest geographical police area in England. Last I heard was at any given time we have only two armed response vehicles driving around, and most cops don't have Tasers either, just extendable batons.
My area isn't the #hole London is though, couldn't pay me to live there. Factoid, Devon & Cornwall police are one of the least funded and the Metropolitan police are the most...it's about culture and environment, not policing in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

At some point in the US 'Peace Officer' became Law Enforcement, Policing became "Compliance", misdemeanors become felonies.

Running from cops, yelling at cops, refusing to give up citizen rights, all warrantless warrants for death sentences now.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I was chatting to a cop today, randomly at hospital triage next to me, he had transferred from London and said the competition to get here was fierce because policing in London is so difficult and scary. I wouldn't waant to be a cop in London, I totally understood why he left.
Oh, for anyone interested, the cop had bashed his face in while tripping getting out of his car, he said his cop mates are teasing him bad lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
I read that in your earlier post.

Kudos to the guys that can police without going all ballistic.

Here in the states the police used to carry service revolvers, because they would tend to empty them at suspects when they felt threatened. Six shots and slow reload was considered a deterrent factor to resolve issues with less than lethal force first. Now three or four cops can pump subjects with 17 shots of 40 cal mushrooming hyper shock, each.

Once one fires they all fire, to make sure he was dead.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As far as I can see it's people wanting to make names for themselves, wanting to be gangsters and wanting to make money without a proper job.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0rbital
As far as I can see it's people wanting to make names for themselves, wanting to be gangsters and wanting to make money without a proper job.

Wannabes , as seen on TV.

Who says television isn't harmful?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

They will either kill you first

At this point in time, the police in this country aren't psychopaths but I can understand your concern. American trends do seem to trickle a cross the pond.

Yah watch out, the War of Terror is ummm, catching on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join