It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 17 boy, 16, is gunned down and 15-year-old youth stabbed in another night of violence.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Neighbours said they heard gunshots at around 9.30pm on Monday. One witness, who works in a nearby shop, said he heard three bangs which sounded like fireworks.

Less than half an hour after the alarm was first raised in Tottenham, police were alerted to another shooting around three miles away in east London which left a 16-year-old boy fighting for life.

www.standard.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
We have manage to over taken the biggest sh!thole..

What is the next target? over taking Damascus?

This ppl needs heavy jail time.. current system is not good enough
edit on 3-4-2018 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Tragic example of inner city violence. Prayers going out to the victims and families.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

They will probably get about 10 years and be out in five...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

While I agree that the perpetrators of violent crime deserve just punishment, we need to remember that we cannot simply prosecute our way out of social issues, anymore than we can prosecute illicit drug use out of existence.

It'll take a smarter approach to deal with these issues effectively in the long-run.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Whats the point
edit on 3-4-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
This is what years of austerity gets you.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Are the police in UK carrying sidearms yet?

The real tragedy will arise when they start shooting 'suspects' , raising the 'nights of violence' to new heights.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Are the police in UK carrying sidearms yet?

The real tragedy will arise when they start shooting 'suspects' , raising the 'nights of violence' to new heights.

In London, a few yes but only if they choose to and I don't think the average bobby can. We have armed response units but it's been a while since I heard they shot anyone that wasn't a threat.

The police forces have been shrunk in this country so the chances of suicide by cop are miniscule. Far more chance of being shot by illegal firearm.
edit on 3-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Blah

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Doesn’t London have strict gun laws? And yet somehow, a criminal used a gun to kill some kids? Maybe if they had more strict laws, this could have been prevented? Maybe if they basically banned guns and knives, and had like, a buyback or turn your knives in system?
edit on 3-4-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Doesn’t London have strict gun laws? And yet somehow, a criminal used a gun to kill some kids? Maybe if they had more strict laws, this could have been prevented? Maybe if they basically banned guns and knives, and had like, a buyback or turn your knives in system?

Yes. There is lot of measures to control gun and knife crime. But it seems to escalating.

I think its down to benefits cuts. Used to be lots of britsh youth thrive on job seekers allowance. Now JSA and other doles strictly controlled..

Not complaining.. i am against the free handouts. But the problams is, benefit cuts should be coupled with heavy punishments for those who brake the law..

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
All the UK gun laws do nothing when it comes to criminals. This is the inherent problem the USA faces. Criminals by nature don’t care about laws. Death penalty is the only solution for a murders. You kill my family member? I won’t be to interested in you rehabilitation techniques, to the gallows with them. We put down dogs just for biting....bring out the meat hooks!!

PS, after checking the like I see much of the UKs violence is being committed by a certain demographic. We have the same issue in the US. this is an inconvenient truth we as a civilized society must, but won’t address. So frightened like children to be labeled the dreaded ‘RACIST’
edit on 4 034103 1818 by WUNK22 because: Ps

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I didn't want to go there but was silently hoping someone would.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Proof positive, unarmed policing works.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Proof positive, unarmed policing works.

I guess you could look at it like that. From everything I've seen since the handgun ban in this country, the police tend to avoid gang violence until it's already happened. Then they investigate.

I remember a few years back, a couple of police women were called out to a domestic violence incident iirc. Anyway, when they arrived on the scene they were killed by a hand grenade. The police in this country just aren't wired to function in a gun/knife/acid ridden violent society.

I would hazard a guess that they're scared.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
God forbid the liberals speak a word of any measures other than gun round ups! Look at the demographics of your shooting, race of violators percentage vs demographic percentage. Prove me wrong and I will apologize after a thorough digging of skewed reporting.
I love my brothers and sisters of another race mother, but they know the deal and it needs to be addressed. Most serial killer, cannible, psychos are white males. It doesn’t offend me one bit, fry them all. Knock on all the white males doors when something twisted happens. Question me and others to find and hang that bad guy!!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This didn't happen in America?
Can we send you a hogg?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No, keep him. Our rifles are not in danger.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

If drugs, gangs and drug gangs weren't so prevalent here, the murder rate and police murder rate would go down. I often wonder how this ongoing tragedy is allowed to exist, we spend trillions taking down whole nations to get some 'bad guys' overseas but can't seem to eradicate a few drug gang members here, at home.

hmmm... tsk, tsk

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

No, keep him. Our rifles are not in danger.

How about we sweeten the deal a bit?
Maybe throw in a Steinem or a penn..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join