It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the IQ of Aliens according to your own research

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: dug88

Why would something from a totally different planet be comparable to us on any way?

Most life in the Galaxy would likely be like most life on Earth , intelligent in it's own way but incapable of understanding anything other than its own environment and their life within that environment but some , like us , would likely look at their own night sky and wonder what is out there and perhaps over time attempt to find out .... in my opinion.

You're basing this on what exactly? There's no reason to assume anything from a planet different from earth acts in any way like anything on earth period. Everything on earth is the way it is because of the environments of earth. For all we know evolution itself is simply a product of the earth's environment. Maybe life acts totally different elsewhere. We dont know either way at all. Even on earth itself millions of different forms of life exist and some of it is totally and completely different to us.

It just seems kind of ridiculous to start by assuming they'll be even remotely like us.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries
It would be similar from a middle ages man to somebody like Einstein or Hawking....

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

You're basing this on what exactly?

I'm basing that on likelihood given the numbers.

For all we know evolution itself is simply a product of the earth's environment.

If life exists on other planets then chances are evolution will be part of that life.
How that evolution evolves will be dictated by the environment of the particular planet , I don't see why evolution would be limited to this planet.

It just seems kind of ridiculous to start by assuming they'll be even remotely like us.

If they choose to leave their planet and explore other planets then in that way they are like us.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

What I am saying, is that given the information that I have found over the course of my membership here, and indeed previous in my searches for firm data on matters related to this subject, the only correct conclusion that can possibly be drawn is, that there is not enough data to draw a useful conclusion.

We have not yet proven beyond doubt, with forensically sound methods, that alien life has ever visited this earth. You can post pics and documents suggesting otherwise, and I can point you to the hoaxers who originated those images and documents. You can point and projects and operations of the intelligence agencies, and I can point you at others to do with propaganda and political sleight of hand. But as for firm, solid evidence of anything other than lights in the sky and eye witness reports (which have, with the greatest will in the world, zero scientific value), we have NOTHING to go on. We have no independently verified testimony from actual alien beings, meaning that it is impossible to assess their use of language to gauge their intellect. We have no craft publicly available for examination, from which we might learn a measure of their mental construction. We have nothing to go on, no conclusions to reach, no actual data to work with at all.

When you assess the intelligence of a person, a human being, you can either do it by examining their works and drawing assumptions from them, or you can place them at a table or computer, and have them answer questions which stimulate their linguistic, physical and spatial centres, their logic engine, and assess its prowess or lack thereof. But we can do neither thing with an alien being, and I find the notion of saying that we can to be erroneous, utterly erroneous.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23284654]antar
Remember AI does come into play as well so your question could be changed to ask what is the IQ of the most advanced computer systems to date

Good point antar
Whatever these things are there is a very good chance that those behind the civilisation will be sending robots rather than risking their own people to visit us.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They would only have to be intelligent enough to build computers that reach the technological singularity.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well it's all very subjective and you do have a point. Every proof creates hoaxers skeptics , and witnesses. Overall it nullifies the effect and creates a endless tug of war.

But even if all there is is lights in the sky and radarimages , then there is still the possibility that ET might be there .Ergo intelligent beings. It follows reason that either ET doesn't give a crapp or ET interacts with society. The indications are there , start data mining start making links , and forget about the hoaxers.

Well about the IQ , indeed erroneous but not important. But think about it if ET came here with their spaceship , controlling the media/internet might be well within their possibilities. That light in the sky means so much.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Having more knowledge (such as technical knowledge) is not the same as having a high IQ.

For example, for the most part people 2000 or 3000 years ago (such as the ancient Greeks or ancient Egyptians) were probably just as intelligent on average as we are today. We may have more knowledge, but knowledge does not equal intelligence. Intelligence is a measure of one's capacity for problem solving, planning, and abstract thought -- not necessarily of measure of how much knowledge someone has (although a high IQ can allow you to gain greater knowledge).

Granted, it is believed IQ scores have progressively gone up over time, but that might be more a measurement issue than it is an actual intelligence issue. That is to say, even though people in ancient times might have been just as intelligent (i.e., able to solve problems and think critically), they may have had a whole different set of life problem to solve.

Think of it this way:
If we someday in 1000 years or so become a space-faring specie with FTL capabilities, that does not mean that our intellectual capacity grew so much that we could finally figure out FTL space travel. It may only mean that our intelligence stayed the same, but we just gathered more knowledge to build upon past knowledge to figure it out.

edit on 3/4/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

My message to Aliens:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

No research whatsoever...just pick a number between 1 and 1 million.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If you have 6 minutes, Neil sums this question up rather nicely.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
probably beyond the scope of our tests. extremely high.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Research? I doubt any one here has any. I don't believe the world knows much at all about ETs it they have been here.

So it would just be a wild guess based on nothing.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I really think we overlook the fact they could be human far too often. If they were extraterrestrial then we wouldn't be able to say much about them and there's this sense of invisibility we impart upon them almost as if they were gods, leaving us to believe there's zero chance we could over outsmart them. But what if they are humans as I have been arguing in some of my recent threads about UFO's being time machines which use warp drives to warp space-time, explaining how their craft move so quickly without killing the occupants and how they located us in the galaxy, why they remain hidden, why they are humanoids, etc.

If they are humans from the future then it's possible to get a relatively good sense of how they think and what their motives are. No longer do they have a magical aura surrounding them, it's easier to understand they are capable of making mistakes just like us. Think about the most wild claims made by abductees, such as the claim aliens can make them forget memories or cover them up with fake memories, skeptics say "why would they leave the memory so it can be recalled with regression therapy?". When people are woken from sleep at night they are extremely suggestible and hypnosis techniques can make them forget events or change events in their mind just by suggesting they will remember nothing or remember something pleasant when they wake up.

This often causes them to feel like they had an extremely vivid dream as they often do dream when they are placed back in bed and so it's very hard to tell you've even been abducted in the first place. And of course their knowledge of psychology and biology would be extremely advanced so it would be very easy for them to hypnotize one of us primitive humans. They also seem to have some sort of technology built into their eyes which further enhances their ability to manipulate the thoughts and mental processes of an abductee, this is why almost every abductee has a fear of looking directly into the eyes of a gray. They are certainly smart and have tech way beyond us but that doesn't mean we cannot understand them and it's certain they possess many of the human flaws we do.
edit on 3/4/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Ok I have two hypotheses one
of them is they have already landed but
they accidentally arrived during comic-con and then and no one could
distinguish them from any other costumes that were being worn and then they left
because no one cared that they came so
that's it's a remotely remote possibility but I'm allowing that in the
probability of this all right so another possibility is that they took a good look at us and concluded there's
no sign of intelligent life on earth not worthy of their attention a third
possibility there may be more but these
are the three that I carry with me is that they are so much smarter than we are
by the way what would that take not much but what's the next closest animal to humans and intelligence

Neil De Grasse Tyson

As much as I admire scientists like Neil de grasse it looks like making a joke about comicon is solving the dilemma of ET being here (haha they left because they saw comicon). No mention over UFO sightings /radar telemetry these are totally ignored by scientists. Still no answer , why we haven't heard of ET but a good show/diversion by Niel de Grasse.

edit on 432018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The only way we know how to measure intelligence these days is by comparing it to our human selves, and even then we're not very good at it. If there are aliens out there, they could be intelligent like us, or intelligent like a squid, or maybe they have a hive mind like bees. They could evolve in a billion ways different than us.

Which is why humanoid aliens are probably from Earth in the future (or the past, what's the difference?), or a manifestation of a reality different than anything we currently understand -- or that we might possibly never be able to understand.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Did you listen to the video in entire?
Where he compares our intelligence to chimps, being that they are our closest relatives, with a 2% difference in DNA.
Then compares that 2% level of increase of intelligence of ET's to us?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I've wondered where an alien civilisation might be in comparison to us. If the universe started with the big bang, they would of had the same amount of time to evolve. So many variables though, planet affecting incidents have caused pretty close to global extinctions here, if those did not happen on a particular planet..who knows.
Also if you look at our advancements in the last hundred years, an alien civilisation could be just 100 years ahead and well beyond us, not sure how that translates to intelligence though.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Alien IQ's would be out of this world.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Is there a problem? Chimp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join