It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the IQ of Aliens according to your own research

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Ok,lets for a moment assume ET (that is non-human intelligent beings in this context) exist and they are frequent visitors of our little troublesome planet.

In that context ET has plagued us for a relatively long time. At least 50 years maybe more.
The result endless tug of war between believers and non-believers.

How intelligent is ET ?

Fooling the scientists...

In that context people assume that all we know from our scientists is the truth. But is it ? I for myself have an hard time believing everything NASA claims to be true. Placing all the blame on NASA is however easy. Maybe NASA is fooled. To be honest I find that not that hard to believe. Any alien civilization coming here (or even living next to us) must be able to protect itself against predators. Again here I'm assuming there is more than 1 alien civilisation in the 'universe'.
So cloaking , forcefield all the old Star Trek stuff , it's only reasonable to assume they have that tech right ? (Even our own military can cloak stuff if you believe some conspiracy theorists on this site).

So isn't it logic to assume that in this scenario the information that scientists get by investigating space might not reveal all there is. In this scenario I don't blame the scientist , no conspiracies here. That's oversimplified I know.

Yet again most people believe what scientist say and at the same time state that ET has way more advanced tech than us humans. That doesn't compute... let me explain.

The whole pattern of sightings is more an add random , add hoc nature. But there are some (if one believes) constants. That is sightings (military / Radioactivity / Vulcano's).
Ok this maybe be sound farfetched but what if ET is partolling earth. (that's my own opinion)

If that's really is the case than ET must have it's bases somewhere very near. It might even have cloaked the very subjects scientists examine...

Fuzzing the telemetry... fooling satelites.... the ET in the middle.

Well I think it isn't that big of an assumpion that ET could be (at least in theory) the classical man in the middle. Were the first datacommunitations even encrypted ? A picture from a for instance jupiter , is that untampered how would scientists even know ?

So it sounds kind of weird to me that scientists not even consider that idea to be relevant. So we explore space and in advance we know there is nothing out there that can intervere with our explorations. That is in my view a very naive kind of thinking.

The internet , radio and television....

We as a society create a rather large footprint when it comes to broadcasting. Most of it is unencrypted. Radio and television is one sided.
But if one considers internet , that it's no surprise that ET could in theory use it for their own purposes right now. Chatting with ET , ET on social media , ET sending bots to influence whatever they like well that sounds paranoia. But is it in this scenario really that farfetched ? Science has to at least consider the possibility but do they ? It's just assumed by those who believe that ET doesn't do that right ? Too paranoia , so lets replace ET with the Russians and it becomes Mainstream news. However you look at it the mechanism of control exists.

The Question ?

So that brings me to the question in this scenario .

'IF aliens exist what would be the IQ according to your own research'.

Would it be able to intervere or even control society from a far ?
And if so what kind of mechanisms do they use to alter behaviour in society.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

First of all, I find this question absolutely ridiculous.

There is no way to measure the IQ of a being whose technology is so far in advance of our own, that we cannot comprehend its function without having it explained to us. Even our greatest scientists would have trouble accepting the sort of physics which would be required to make a species capable of interstellar flight, within the lifetime of a single individual of that species.

Also, you ask specifically about their IQ according to our research...

Unless ones research shows that there is no where near enough evidence to base an estimate on, ones research is quite simply faulty, and may have been penetrated by a significant amount of baseless, fantastic twaddle.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
ZERO

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

First of all, I find this question absolutely ridiculous.

What an emotional response...
But I don't ask for measurement do I ? See it like a kind of gedanken experiment.

Unless ones research shows that there is no where near enough evidence to base an estimate on, ones research is quite simply faulty,

So reseach can only have one outcome according to you or it's faulty. Really ? And every one that isn't your norm is victim of baseless, fantastic twaddle... Very closeminded sir.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
They would have an uncanny ability to cut the power. Beyond that they would be pretty dumb.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I haven't researched ET intelligence because there is no real data to use to come to a conclusion but if they have found a way to travel between star systems and visit this and other planets then they would have to be at least as intelligent as us or probably more.

We are a relatively young species so an ET species a few thousand years older than us but possessing a similar level of intelligence could possibly accomplish such a feat , perhaps it's longevity that is the key to interstellar travel not super intelligence.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Following the results of the last survey i started on Sirius B (thats how research is done!), humans are single-cell organisms, compared to the intelligence of the citizens of Sirius B.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I saw the title expected something hilarious and am not disapointed

I wasn't able to read this whole thing, at "relatively long time 50 years" I started disagreeing about both the use of the frame and that aliens are #ing with us for 50 years. Something at almost 6000 years. I'd estimate.
Or not because you said ET, me aliens we probably disagree on more.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Its not their IQ makes them 'smart' . Their hardware is designed for them by engineers, they just pilot the craft, much like our own air force pilots do.

If that's really is the case than ET must have it's bases somewhere very near.

Thats why NASA (Never A Straight Answer) is sending probes to every space body in the Solar System. If they are here then they have to have established forward bases to come and go from.

The 'search for life' is just that. Like a little kid turning over rocks, looking for bugs.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Would be really funny if they live deeper in Earth, not?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Assuming that I have a general correct theory on ETs, I would think of it as something along the lines of how we compare animal intelligence to an age chart for humans I.e. dolphins have the intelligence of an average seven year old (that’s just an example).

I’m thinking that an IQ rest wouldn’t be able to measure the ETs, because it would be like a chimp handing us a stick to harvest insects. Kind of like “aww, how cute, he’s trying to show us how to utilize this tool that is very important to him and his kind”.

I’m thinking we are the dolphins that have the ability to learn more, but not totally understand absolutely everything they entail in this scenario.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Sorry, we don’t use your models of intelligence gathering. Let’s just say we’re off the scale, now back to your wars, God’s, and pointless squabbling!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

In that context people assume that all we know from our scientists is the truth. But is it ?

depends what "it" is?

When scientists claim a truth they usually..... no, always show how they came to this truth and its verified by others.

I for myself have an hard time believing everything NASA claims to be true.

So to get over this you can educate yourself about the claims NASA makes and follow the steps science takes to get to these claims of truth.

Placing all the blame on NASA is however easy. Maybe NASA is fooled. To be honest I find that not that hard to believe.

So which is it?

You believe NASA and they may be fooled or you don't believe NASA?

Science has to at least consider the possibility but do they ?

the possibility that ET is chatting on the internet?

NO, is there evidence to consider such a possibility other than baseless claims by attention seeking people?

It's just assumed by those who believe that ET doesn't do that right ? Too paranoia , so lets replace ET with the Russians and it becomes Mainstream news.

Russians and Russia are real, I have met many and can travel to Russia.

ET and what and how ET does as you mention at the start of this thread is all assumption to entertain your thoughts.

So that brings me to the question in this scenario . 'IF aliens exist what would be the IQ according to your own research'.

My own research of the assumptions you bring forth?

All we have is the OP, how much research can be done?

get rid of according to your own research and people can leave a number not based on research because non can be done to gauge ETs IQ, but for fun we can post a number to make you happy.

I think ETs IQ is 2369874556, but that is Jack the green fingered martian.

John the blue feathered avian has a slightly lower IQ according to my extensive research which is 1259874.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The concept of " intelligence" becomes meaningless when discussing extraterrestrials, assuming that is what you mean by " alien." Termites create great architectural constructions. Are they intelligent? Crows have been known to create simple tools. Are they intelligent? Octopi are known for their intelligence. Intelligence is difficult enough to define on our own world; it becomes meaningless in the context of another.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I tend to think that we should assume life develops the way we know it does under circumstances we know it does. It could be much more rare, or much more abundant than we assume.
Depending on how much "Earth like conditions" are really necessary. Could be not that much. Depends how you define intelligence, life, ... someone should invent a scale, let's make a few nice labels and categories before we actually have seen one.

Plasma beings. I like that. I don't know if that could work because of the heat?
Methan fish? They'd be slow. It's cold. How much food would they have?
Either way both is a no. For intelligence, I guess, above bacteria, or a smart virus.
Fun to play with the thought. What comes out if you do it?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FocusedWolf
They would have an uncanny ability to cut the power. Beyond that they would be pretty dumb.

agreed perfect answer ,man......

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I would expect aliens to have technology augmenting their biology. This would give them an infinite intelligence. Or, infinite potential.

William J Sidhis taught us that IQ isnt everything. So there's that.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

IQ isn't a measure of intelligence... It's a measure of problem solving ability. Also IQs can change as you get older.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If they come here their as dumb as a box of hammers.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Well at the very least they'd be REALLY good at finding needles in a haystack considering how hard it would be to find this planet among all the stars and empty space out there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join