It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN star Jim Acosta slammed for ‘harsh,’ ‘inflammatory’ questions to Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Will it?

I really do not think that you have the slightest conception of how much damage Trump has done to the office already, if you think that the office will be regarded the same way after he leaves it.

You have GOT to be kidding. You are probably watching and listening to the wrong news channels and reading super partisan rags.

Trump has vastly improved the office against all odds. His style may p*ss some people off, but he is getting more accomplished than you hear about or read about.

The establishment bloodsuckers and incestuous news media have had a cushy little scam going for decades. Our president is cleaning this nasty swamp up little by little, and believe it or not, you are hearing WRONG.

His rating being reported is at 50% which means it is probably closer to 60% and that is more than BHO's was at this same time in his presidency, jobs are at an all-time high, wages have increased, and most of America is pumped.

People are getting used to his tell-it-like-it-is style and focusing on the things he has managed to accomplish with one hand tied behind his back.

He has to talk directly to The American People, because Fake News lies and distorts and omits. TAP love him in the main.

The office has greatly been upped a few notches, but he's had to fight all the way to get it there and sometimes the words aren't flowery and elegant and prissy and soft.
edit on 3-4-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

OK

If you feel better, It's all my fault.

You should put your tangents to better work 👌👋

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So now you're to the point journalists aren't supposed to ask questions anymore.
Crimes aren't supposed to be investigated.
People who have dissenting views against Trump should be silenced.

What a good little putin suck-up you've become.

To hell with the First Amendment! To hell with everything good and decent!
Long Live the Incompetents!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

But the office is only as respectable as the person who occupies it on a given year, surely you can accept that not only is this the case, but that it damned well should be?

No. The office is greater than the person. And should not be debased regardless of who fills it.

Short memories. Obama had 8 years of that.

As to the question, no prob. If he had to shout it may not be the time. Unless he was shouting over other reporters.

ETA: Bush had about 7 years of the same.
edit on 3-4-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
While I was not a Bush fan, I was quite annoyed when that South American leader (can't remember his name) got on the stage to make a speech where Bush had been and said "I can still smell the sulfur". That pissed me off.

But this? This is called 'accountability", and it is something journalists are charged with.

Watch the Sinclair stations. According to Kushner, they've been bought and paid for. You'll only hear the propaganda, which is what Trump wants you to hear.

Happy Tuesday. Make it count for something good and decent.

*bows out of this riveting and honest conversation

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I personally believe that the White house likes Jim Acosta, or why else hasn't his press pass been pulled?

I think this is just pathetic though. I'm surprised that Jim didn't ask him about the affairs he's had in front of the kids, or ask if the pee stories from the "dossier" were true, or other items of inappropriate natures. I'm also surprised that Jim didn't report that Trump wasn't even going to be at the event, just like Trump wasn't at the hospital to see the GOP members that were shot during the baseball game. Only to glaze over the fact that he was wrong later on (stupid unnamed sources, Am I right)

It's a shame that CNN as to put out nonsense TV personalities (I refuse to call them reporters) like this, but it's also a shame that the White House Press Corps doesn't just pull Jim's pass for being unprofessional.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

But the office is only as respectable as the person who occupies it on a given year, surely you can accept that not only is this the case, but that it damned well should be?

No. The office is greater than the person. And should not be debased regardless of who fills it.

As to the question, no prob. If he had to shout it may not be the time. Unless he was shouting over other reporters.

Neither Bush nor Obama have had what Trump has had to go through.

But as it relates to this topic, yes...both were treated shamelessly by partisans. The only real difference is, with Bush the partisans were as much the media as today. With Obama the partisans were legislators (remember "LIAR!!!").

This nonsense around Trump is unprecedented, and far more than I would have expected from either party. Seriously...they want to burn down the house they lost in the divorce. Psycho.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here you go. Trump's Easter tweets showing his compassionate Christian side:
Source

Since all you Trump sycophants are all clutching pearls about people shoving politics into Easter Sunday and all.
edit on 3-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
For anyone with any form of moral character , there is a time and place for everything .
That was not it.

This is a funny statement in defense of Trump who says anything no matter how inflammatory ethics, morality, or tact be damned.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

That I seriously disagree with. Like I said, short memories. One thing I will say that's increased with Trump is the Martyr Train. The whining is almost continual.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

OMG! You can actually say this with a straight face?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is what happens when the president doesnt do press briefings and sends out major policy over #ing twitter.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Can you point to the proof that I am incorrect? Ill accept the 18 some odd month Special Prosecutor sent on a fishing expedition, or maybe a handful of FBI agents (and their leaders) trapped in a conspiracy to overthrow their presidency.

If you can't provide something along those lines, ill have to ask you how you can show such outrage with a straight face.

Remember...i don't even like Trump. I didn't vote for him, and wouldn't vote for him. I criticize his policies regularly, and have called him names along with the rest of you. SO this isn't one of his Kek acolytes saying this. Im reasonably moderate, and have made my observations.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Can you point to the proof that I am incorrect? Ill accept the 18 some odd month Special Prosecutor sent on a fishing expedition, or maybe a handful of FBI agents (and their leaders) trapped in a conspiracy to overthrow their presidency.

Let's see... 9/11 truthers for Bush.
And Obama it isn't even a close comparison:
Birtherism (which the current President even fueled up until his own election)
The many many many witch hunts into Obama's administration that turned up nothing from partisan Congressmen like Trey Gowdy (Benghazi; fast and furious; and on and on)
Bundy standoff
Obama was blamed for the IRS scandal even though he likely had little to do with it
Hell, Obama is STILL the whipping boy of the right (and most notably Trump) when they need to stir up controversy.

If you can't see the similarities here then you are hopelessly partisan. Obama had 8 years putting up with this malarkey. Trump has only sat through a year and half (not even) of it. The only reason you think Trump has it worse is because Trump is a huge baby and whines about it constantly. Obama was a man who could take the criticism and keep on doing his thing.

PS: I'm not going to acquiesce to your leading question that is only just your opinion/assumption.

Remember...i don't even like Trump. I didn't vote for him, and wouldn't vote for him. I criticize his policies regularly, and have called him names along with the rest of you. SO this isn't one of his Kek acolytes saying this. Im reasonably moderate, and have made my observations.

So what? That still doesn't change the fact that you are being overly biased in your analysis here. The fact of the matter is that politics is increasingly fringe partisan and BOTH sides engage in very destructive scorched earth policy against their policy rivals.
edit on 3-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Not true. Facts are facts whether you personally like Trump or not.

Compared with the first 60 days of the Clinton, Bush and Obama presidencies, news outlets’ evaluations of Trump’s start in office were far more negative and less positive. About six-in-ten news stories about Trump’s first 60 days (62%) carried an overall negative assessment of his words or actions. That is about three times more negative than for Obama (20%) and roughly twice that of Bush and Clinton (28% each).

Pew Research Center for journalism and media

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Acosta Might have a point if he had conducted himself with the slightest bit of decorum, but he didn't he was combative from the word go.

Honestly he should count himself lucky to still have his whitehouse credentials.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Fast and the Furious, so the AG didn't authorize a gun walking program that didn't directly lead to the death of a border patrol agent?

That DID happen, it wasn't a conspiracy theory just because the DOJ didn't try to prosecute the attorney general.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MostlyReading

Not true. Facts are facts whether you personally like Trump or not.

Compared with the first 60 days of the Clinton, Bush and Obama presidencies, news outlets’ evaluations of Trump’s start in office were far more negative and less positive. About six-in-ten news stories about Trump’s first 60 days (62%) carried an overall negative assessment of his words or actions. That is about three times more negative than for Obama (20%) and roughly twice that of Bush and Clinton (28% each).

Pew Research Center for journalism and media

Is there also a correlation to the amount of BS these presidents spewed over the same amount of time? If one keeps saying inflammatory things people are going to react to it. Besides, that's only the first 60 days. The election butthurt was fresh. Bush winning was m'eh. Obama was a given. Little to discuss there.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Who cares?

Seems to me both the Left and Right have turned in to a bunch of pansies that bitch about anything and everything.

So Acosta used the word "kill" in front of those kids.

Oh no. The humanity!

People need to grow up and quit being whiny bitches.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So what? Trump is a buffoon who can't even get right the name of the White House. Trump is disgraceful and so are his supporters.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join