It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

44 Dems, Including Wasserman Schultz, Exempted Pakistani IT Aides From Background Checks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
44 Dems, Including Wasserman Schultz, Exempted Pakistani IT Aides From Background Checks

Every one of the 44 House Democrats who hired Pakistan-born IT aides who later allegedly made “unauthorized access” to congressional data appears to have chosen to exempt them from background checks, according to congressional documents.

All of them appear to have waived background checks on Imran Awan and his family members, even though the family of server administrators could collectively read all the emails and files of 1 in 5 House Democrats, and despite background checks being recommended for such positions, according to an inspector general’s report. The House security policy requires offices to fill out a form attesting that they’ve initiated background checks, but it also includes a loophole allowing them to simply say that another member vouched for them.

Click link for full article...

So.. not surprising at all and yet the Dems are the ones pushing the whole Russia bs story. The Awans were accessing Congressional networks while they were in Pakistan. Why that was not a red flag for them is perplexing.

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and the 43 other Dems skipped the background checks. Had they done one they would have noticed the Awans were a risk and yet they opted against it. Considering DWS is introducing legislation that would require background checks for people just to purchase ammunition leads me to believe she and other Democrats are working with a foreign government to undermine the US.

US citizens must go through their life history to purchase a firearm.
US citizens, if her bill passes, must go thru background checks to but ammo.
Requiring ID to vote is somehow racist.
Enforcing immigration laws are somehow racist.
If you are from Pakistan and have a criminal record you get hired for a sensitive position because you are apparently exempt from background checks..

To the Democrats -
Please vote your current batch of reps out of office before they completely destroy this country.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I wonder if Dems are simply naive in their desire to be politically correct or completely oblivious. This makes no sense whatsoever to trust people with sensitive documents who have not been vetted. Especially when they are from a part of the world that foments terrorism.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
did they have a criminal background in the US?

No?

Then it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This makes no sense unless you identify as someone left of center.

Clearly, background checks are racist..

Anyone looking into lobbyist firms?

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I wonder if Dems are simply naive in their desire to be politically correct or completely oblivious. This makes no sense whatsoever to trust people with sensitive documents who have not been vetted. Especially when they are from a part of the world that foments terrorism.

That is certainly plausible but given all the facts to date, and my constant bitching about Democrats, I cant believe Democrats are that stupid. Some of the Dems involved sit on sensitive congressional committees, like intelligence and homeland security.

It is why I think there is more to this. I am thinking some of these Democrats might have been compromised by a foreign intelligence service and are so desperate to hold onto power that they just decided to hide the crimes instead of acknowledging they made a colossal mistake.

Something about this whole Awan mess just does not feel right. There is something else going on.

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
did they have a criminal background in the US?

No?

Then it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

They had criminal histories inside the US, including pending lawsuits for fraud and money crimes.

Secondly that is what Interpol is for in addition to agreements we have with other countries. When you come to the US you have to go through a background check. Since these guys are from Pakistan the check is more in depth. This was not an oversight.

This was intentional.

Among the red flags in Abid’s background were a $1.1 million bankruptcy; six lawsuits against him or a company he owned; and at least three misdemeanor convictions including for DUI and driving on a suspended license, according to Virginia court records. Public court records show that Imran and Abid operated a car dealership referred to as CIA that took $100,000 from an Iraqi government official who is a fugitive from U.S. authorities. Numerous members of the family were tied to cryptic LLCs such as New Dawn 2001, operated out of Imran’s residence, Virginia corporation records show. Imran was the subject of repeated calls to police by multiple women and had multiple misdemeanor convictions for driving offenses, according to court records.

edit on 2-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Is this even being investigated, or is this another issue completely ignored by the msm and apparently the doj. Anyone know it this is part of the ig report supposed to drop soon?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Is this even being investigated, or is this another issue completely ignored by the msm and apparently the doj. Anyone know it this is part of the ig report supposed to drop soon?

I know the Capital police have an open investigation but I have not seen anything about other agencies, like the FBI, being involved. The fact nothing has leaked out leads me to believe there is an investigation into those Democrats and they want it kept quiet so they dont get screwed in the midterms.

If that theory is accurate and nothing happens arrest wise by the midterms I would expect to see the info being leaked.

The part in the op refers to an Inspector General report so there is some type of investigation.
edit on 2-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They don't care.

The rules they want.

The rules they create.

Are for the little people.

Little people=anyone they don't like.

Schultz kept that dude on after they found out everything.

Given the suspected violations, most of the congress members terminated Awan's services, Democratic Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz from Florida, however, continued to employ Awan in an advisory role.[8][7][10]

en.wikipedia.org...

I can't stand that party.

The most CORRUPT party in this nations history.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think you left out "traitorous"!

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
SMH...at the Left...again...sigh. It’s like they know they are untouchable, so now they just flaunt it, not even caring if caught in their shenanigans. Another day, another nail in the coffin of the Republic.

Can anything, ANYTHING, legitimately be done before there is no chance of recovery.

link   

I hope this is not being "withheld" for political capitol to effect the midterms.
Didn't the fbi stop this guy at the airport?
That would mean they are involved?

+6 more 
link   
Even more surprising several highly outspoken Democrats, like Ted Leiu of California and the current California Attorney General, were a part of this mess. The California AG ran the US House Democratic caucus and he also had his server physically stolen.

The Democrats hypocrisy is at a whole new level.

link   

It is why I think there is more to this.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I am thinking some of these Democrats might have been compromised by a foreign intelligence service and are so desperate to hold onto power that they just decided to hide the crimes instead of acknowledging they made a colossal mistake.

I don't understand why this very real probability isn't assumed by everyone -- including media. Especially given the specific players and circumstances: Unvetted foreigners having unimpeded access to our intelligence. Although I'm more likely to attribute the critters' motives to protecting themselves from blackmail and extortion:

House IT Aides Fear Suspects In Hill Breach Are Blackmailing Members With Their Own Data

And/or, depending on what exactly these critters have to hide, criminal charges for their own nefarious deeds...

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
SMH...at the Left...again...sigh. It’s like they know they are untouchable, so now they just flaunt it, not even caring if caught in their shenanigans. Another day, another nail in the coffin of the Republic.

Can anything, ANYTHING, legitimately be done before there is no chance of recovery.

Well for starters vote them out of office. Absent that, and given the severity of this incident and what it deals with, refer them to the ethics committee and anyone found guilty in that are should resign. If they refuse to resign then they should be expelled from their seat.

Their also needs to be a criminal investigation (I think there is but I have not seen anything concrete on that end aside from the Police Chief comments when DWS threatened him in an attempt to get the laptop back).

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I hope this is not being "withheld" for political capitol to effect the midterms.
Didn't the fbi stop this guy at the airport?
That would mean they are involved?

The FBI stopped one brother and his wife. They let the wife leave, even though she violated federal law at the airport by failing to declare 12k in cash she had on her (Anything 10k and up must be declared - entering / exiting the US). Given this is attached to prominent Democrats and given the recent disclosures about the FBI and DOJ having no ethics its a toos up as to whether there is a criminal investigation or a coverup.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

from your link

“I don’t know what they have, but they have something on someone. It’s been months at this point” with no arrests, said Pat Sowers, who has managed IT for several House offices for 12 years. “Something is rotten in Denmark.”

from someone in that world that says alot

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well we dont really have journalists anymore. We have media conglomerates who work for politicians.

As an example for why the media doesnt report this - lets just say pay attention to the media outlets appearing in the video. Fox, CBS, NBC... It is disturbing.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I strongly suspect that at least a few of those Dems were being blackmailed. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz threatened the DC police chief if her laptop wasn't returned. (He called her bluff; it wasn't returned.) How else do you explain this, except that she was afraid of what the cops might find on it? As her IT guys, the Awans would be in the perfect position to be aware of any incriminating information, and exploit it.

The way they let the wife leave, and then she returned willingly, leads me to conclude that the Awans are foreign spies. (Perhaps for Pakistan, but maybe not.) Her return means that an agreement was reached with the government of whatever country they were funneling information to.
edit on 2-4-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Although this evidence you presented, quite well by the way is damning, I want to add we need to also look at the Neocons, ie Republicans who are doing nothing to bring this out in the open.

Grant you, YES, the Progs own this, however, I think it's time for the voting public to realize the people they vote for put on a damn good show on how they hate each other while dining on caviar and Champaign behind our backs.......

<<   2  3  4 >>

join