It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Use Pine Trees For Food, Medicine And Survival Equipment

page: 1

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Did you know pine trees can be used as food, medicine and survival equipment?

The pine is one of the most useful trees on the planet, providing food, shelter, medicine and fuel. Knowing how to utilize this versatile resource could someday be the key to your very survival if you find yourself alone in the wilderness.

There are many species in the pine family (or genus Pinus), and they can be found virtually everywhere in the world.

www.naturalnews.com...

MOD NOTES
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

edit on Tue Apr 3 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE ADDED

edit on Tue Apr 3 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dany1986ism
I have always thought that a Pine tree had more use but I never looked into it. Thank you for this!
When I was a kid on my way to military academy for my third term my father stopped on the interstate. BTW not a good idea lol. We watched a large fire and all the Pine trees just blew up like bombs. I will never forget that experience.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Very good info, everyone should now this.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is one of the first threads I've seen in a while that I felt compelled to log-in on and respond to. This is really excellent information that could help everyone if very difficult circumstances arise - whether it's lost in the woods, isolation due to an accident, or the ever-looming apocalypse.

Even if you live in a place with loads of pine trees, like I currently do, few have any idea what to do with them apart from burning them or chopping them down.

Thanks for pointing out that we are surrounded with resources that are not found in the grocery store. I wish there were more positive, pragmatic posts like this on ATS.

I wonder if you would be so kind as to leave a link to a page that has compiled some of this pine tree information?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You remind me of the bloke from Primitive Technology - mind=blown.

If you respond saying that you are indeed him, I wouldn't be surprised but I'd also have no way of verifying it either because he has never said a single word in any of his vids - he just makes stuff from dirt and trees and rocks with his bare hands.

Thanks for this thread - very inspiring. This just goes to prove (for me at least), how much I have lost touch with nature and what she has to offer.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Toasted pine-nuts are yummy.
I didn't realize the bark and sap were also edible.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Very interesting, Thank you for this post!

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

oh yeah just what I need when I'm starving in the woods, a cup of vitamin C enriched tea and a hand full of tiny hard to open pine nuts. Jk..

It baffles me how nature now is full of so much that you cannot eat. It should be full of all sorts of trees that give bountiful food. Every tree and plant can provide so much. Maybe it has become that way intentionally.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Some good information here, but dont you think you should give the Original author credit for this verbatem copy and paste from his website?

Original Author from 2015

Other than that its always good to learn how to survive!
edit on 2-4-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I’ve only eaten Pine nuts. Had some yesterday on a salad.
A bit like a sunflower seed
Didnt know about the rest of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Dandelions is another where scientists are finding many benefits to your health when used appropriately.
Mother Earth is looking out for us.
draxe.com...
edit on 3-4-2018 by AstrapisekirtS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

A pine tree may very well be your best friend if you find yourself lost or stranded in a wilderness environment.

Here are a couple of links:

The Incredible Edible Pine Tree

How to use pine trees for...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
thanks for the information, I knew some of it but didn't realize the difference in the types of pines.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Thanks for the thread. This is really useful information, if you need it.

I recently read a book about the doomed Donner Party ("The Best Land Under Heaven: The Donner Party in the Age of Manifest Destiny", by Michael Wallis). It was a really riveting book, and historically accurate. Basically, a party of pioneers going to California got caught by snowfall in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, and faced serious starvation. They ran out of food, and there was cannibalism. However, there were pine trees around, and apparently the pioneers did not know much of the information in this OP, because maybe more of them could have survived if they ate the pine bark?

I hope nobody here is ever in a situation like the Donner Party, but who knows? It is best to be prepared!

edit on 3-4-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: typo. I like making one typo minimum per post, so that I can go back and edit every time *sarc*

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've been making myself some Pine Needle tea since last autumn on a few occasions. I've tried white pine and red pine...I loved the White pine tea! The red I didn't like the taste as much. A nice cup of hot White pine needle tea relaxing in the evening makes for a good nights sleep!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

(post by vaynersten removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join