It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Imitates Cloud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I saw this on TV last night and tracked it down. Anybody know of any natural phenomenon that would do this? I've been trying to figure it out. Of course, it could be a hoax or some kind of ordinary thing filmed in an usual circumstance. Some unusually coherent ball of smoke, maybe. But I thought it was interesting. It kind of harkens back to those discussions about "sky creatures" floating around. Anyway...

John Keel used to talk about UFOs sometimes imitating common things, particularly balloons and airplanes. This doesn't quite look like the same thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Bees.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Anybody else see the deflated leftover of a mylar weather ballon, descending?

"Sparkly lights" could just be reflection off the plastic.

It is a bit blurry, can't make out the detail so I cannot rule out balloon...

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I would call that a UAA. An unidentified atmospheric anomaly. They way it moved there at the end was pretty dramatic.

But before we call it a UFO imitating a cloud, I have to ask the question ''why would a ufo imitate a cloud in the first place and then turn around and give it away by the abnormal movement. Not very smart if the intent was to hide.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Bees maybe or some swarm or flock of something I think is correct

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
But before we call it a UFO imitating a cloud, I have to ask the question ''why would a ufo imitate a cloud in the first place and then turn around and give it away by the abnormal movement.

Yeah, I thought of that, too. But do most people even really look at the sky all that much? Maybe it camouflaged itself just enough to not catch the attention of the casual observer. Or there was a malfunction. Those big triangle ships apparently screw up occasionally and lose their "cloak."

Bees would be interesting. Seems like they would show up black / gray, though, and not white. It's not a very big object, apparently. So could be. I'll poke around and see if I can come up with similar videos that are specifically bees. Here's one:

Not very similar. But could be some other kind of bug, like mayflies or something.
edit on 2-4-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Anybody else see the deflated leftover of a mylar weather ballon, descending?
"Sparkly lights" could just be reflection off the plastic.
It is a bit blurry, can't make out the detail so I cannot rule out balloon...

Plastic laundry bag or something, maybe? Could be.

Seems like it would be better in focus.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Swarm of insects. The way it's moving it definitely looks like bugs to me.
edit on 2/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hard to tell what it is. Can't say I recognize a typical vapour cloud, seems to be somewhat solid in maintaining it's shape.
It also seems to be decending at a decent rate. It has a white edge that seems heavier than the rest because as it decends it's sort of dangeling at the bottom
My best guess would be somekind of plastic bag with rolled up edges where it used to be tied together. Although I would expect more glare from the plastic but that could also be the quality of the video. Same goes for the comments of the cameraman of there being lights inside, which I cannot see.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Can the thread title be changed to "Sheet of plastic in a breeze acts like sheet of plastic in a breeze?".

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it starts pulling some weird pareidolia shapes and even one before it drops below the rooftops. It moves pretty quickly and the lack of movement of the treetops would suggest to me that there is an absence of a strong breeze. Could be a swarm of some kind but doesn't resemble any I have seen. I don't think it is plastic sheeting as its edges seem too fluffy and its body appears too ethereal.

Looks like a cloud to me...albeit a very strange acting one.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

”I would call that a UAA. An unidentified atmospheric anomaly. They way it moved there at the end was pretty dramatic”.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i would expect a swarm of insects to appear dark against the sky, and not appear to have lights contained within. the bag theory is somewhat more plausible, but it would have to be a very large bag. when it goes behind the house at the end it took up at least as much space across as half the house, so what is that, 15-20 feet minimum?

very interesting.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Maybe it's foam from as water source as indicated in these vids.
Kinda funny, freaking folks out.

Go to 1:05 to see floating effect. What the heck made that In Saudi, a water treatment plant maybe?

More foam

edit on 1pmf30185230 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
i would expect a swarm of insects to appear dark against the sky, and not appear to have lights contained within. the bag theory is somewhat more plausible, but it would have to be a very large bag. when it goes behind the house at the end it took up at least as much space across as half the house, so what is that, 15-20 feet minimum?

very interesting.

It certainly is interesting. Nice find Blue Shift.

I'd also be inclined to say insects. Some flies have a lot more shiny/semi-transparent wing area than they have body, which I think would account for the fact that a swarm/cloud of them would look nebulous/wispy/light-coloured.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's an UFO, an Unidentified Falling Object. Why didn't they search for it on the ground?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
It's an UFO, an Unidentified Falling Object. Why didn't they search for it on the ground?

That was my thought, as well. I don't know. It looks like it went down fairly close to where they were filming. I would be curious and try to find it, if I had the time to check it out.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

What the heck made that In Saudi, a water treatment plant maybe?

Used in industry... Aerogel is the weirdest solid, almost all air by volume. Its weird stuff to handle.

Escaped clouds of aerogel in the videos you linked.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I saw this on TV last night and tracked it down. Anybody know of any natural phenomenon that would do this? I've been trying to figure it out. Of course, it could be a hoax or some kind of ordinary thing filmed in an usual circumstance. Some unusually coherent ball of smoke, maybe. But I thought it was interesting. It kind of harkens back to those discussions about "sky creatures" floating around. Anyway...
snip
John Keel used to talk about UFOs sometimes imitating common things, particularly balloons and airplanes. This doesn't quite look like the same thing.

I don't see a UFO or any other object other than a strange cloud formation that could be affected by strong winds. But the video did remind me of other videos I've seen with clouds on the ground behaving similar to the video cloud and here is a video of a ground cloud. There are other videos at YouTube.

Strange Ground Cloud

Since the late '70s I've been aware of "sky creatures" due to my reading Constable's book:
Trevor James Constable book

In the early '80s, while living in L.A., I was in contact with Constable and even though I bought an infra-red filter, as he used, I never got around to filming the sky with the filter.

The Sky Creatures photographed by Constable

Other sky creatures

Astronaut Story Musgrave talks about a sky creature he saw and/or filmed.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
its foam

<<   2 >>

join