It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's gay double standard

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Depends on if those "parts of who he is" lead to subjugation. In the very recent past they did. I'd say we should keep that in mind, now that we know better.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I used to go to gay nightclubs back in the day because there were less violent incidents than straight clubs, but the only challenge was turning blokes down saying "sorry I'm straight".

Not my experience. I went with a couple(literally) of gay guys and wasn't hit on once. Word got around I was straight.

Man I'd be shamed if nobody tried to hit me up back in the day in gay nightclubs!
I was a good looking lad back then though

EDIT
I only wanted to dance with my eyes shut like nobody was looking while off my nut on MDMA though.
edit on 2-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I used to go to gay nightclubs back in the day because there were less violent incidents than straight clubs, but the only challenge was turning blokes down saying "sorry I'm straight".

Not my experience. I went with a couple(literally) of gay guys and wasn't hit on once. Word got around I was straight.

Well you didn't wear your pink triangle.
In my case I'm just ugly.....lol

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Shall we just go on with the 'It creeps me out to see 2 guys kiss' but I don't have homophobic issues cause... 'I have so many gay friends'. Let's not feign ignorance at how transparent this type of talk is.

Do you even realize how silly your own comment sounds?

People are capable of rejecting the act of homosexuality without rejecting people who choose to engage in it. Based on your view, should we believe that parents who love their children but hate their lifestyles are all lying about how they really feel about their kids?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I only wanted to dance with my eyes shut like nobody was looking while off my nut on MDMA though.

Well that sure dates you. You're a pup.
My party days were in the 70's and 80's. I tried in the 90's but it was too painful then.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Depends on if those "parts of who he is" lead to subjugation. In the very recent past they did. I'd say we should keep that in mind, now that we know better.

But at the same time not become so sensitive to it that you cannot get along in polite conversation.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Gay or not gay?
I don't even know anymore.
As long as we can be bros, who cares?

All I I can say is this: people are very, very pissed off with the Left.

I don't think the Left even has an inkling as to how upset people are with them.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Well that sure dates you. You're a pup.
My party days were in the 70's and 80's. I tried in the 90's but it was too painful then.

Lol, you are correct with your date/decade profilling!

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Shows what you know anti-heros are called villains.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Uh, no:

An antihero or antiheroine is a main character in a story who lacks conventional heroic qualities such as idealism, courage, and morality. The antihero archetype can be traced back at least as far as Homer's Thersites.

A villain and an anti-hero are two different archetypes.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I figured you being you your sarcasm meter would be better than that, I saw it coming, just front think it would be you.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

You got me.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Don't you think the writers and fans of Internet fan fiction are just a little bit biased?

biased about their own preferences?

aren't we all?

originally posted by: TheLead
What appeals to you about it?

i think that's one of those questions that you can try to answer, but who knows if your answer really means anything, you know? like why do you like your favorite color, or your favorite flavor of ice cream or type of pizza?

you just like what you like.

ETA: although, there is a certain appeal to being able to enjoy a romantic storyline without having to mentally work around the BS ways male writers depict female characters

edit on 2-4-2018 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

And I don't. I don't like seeing two women kiss either.

But then, when I watch a movie, I like to identify at least a bit with the protagonist and get emotionally invested. I can't get emotionally invested in that. It would be like trying to get into a movie with pedophilia or bestiality ... just not something I can get into.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: fiverx313

And I don't. I don't like seeing two women kiss either.

But then, when I watch a movie, I like to identify at least a bit with the protagonist and get emotionally invested. I can't get emotionally invested in that. It would be like trying to get into a movie with pedophilia or bestiality ... just not something I can get into.

i guess you can't get into movies unless the protagonists are middle-aged heterosexual midwestern christian moms, then?

there's a thing called imagination that people use to enjoy fiction about people who aren't exactly like them.

that aside, how incredibly gross and tacky of you to even think you should compare you inability to empathize with a gay person with pederasts and animal abusers. i guess that's more of that lack of imagination...
edit on 2-4-2018 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Bluntone22

Imprinting

. ...To be believable in a role you have to be as white a canvas as possible.

See there? Finally came out. Why's it gotta be a "White" canvas? Can't it be a Black chalkboard? I suppose it's a Male White Canvas too, right?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Can we use a white piece of chalk on your blackboard?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Bluntone22

Imprinting

. ...To be believable in a role you have to be as white a canvas as possible.

See there? Finally came out. Why's it gotta be a "White" canvas? Can't it be a Black chalkboard? I suppose it's a Male White Canvas too, right?

Because Rembrandt never rendered a chalkboard masterpiece.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Check out Deadpool. IDK how many men and women he kisses.
You'll still LYAO.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

neil patrick harris is creepy as # in "a series of unfortunate events" there are some creepy jokes when the children are around
which made me feel weird !

like there are some adult jokes in a show with children which is kind of wrong !

what the #!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join