It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's gay double standard

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yup, I agree.
As I said earlier, the less I know about an actor, the more I like them. Their politics and personal lives just muddy the water.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think seeing two guys kiss is really weird too. I have nothing against gay people but do not like pushy people in general so pushy gays are not on my favorites list because they are pushy.

Back in the seventies I lived in a place where three of the couples there were gay girls. I was friends with them, only one of them was pushy, that is where I got my dislike of pushy gays from. A jerk is a jerk no matter what sexual preference they have. I do not discriminate. As far as I know, discriminating against jerks is not considered discriminating.

I still have some gay friends, none of them are jerks though, they just have different sexual preferences. If they were jerks, I would not call them friends....just acquaintances.

The funny thing is that it is the jerks that raise all the stink about discrimination most times. They instigate people to dislike one another.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They are funny by emasculating the character, you could say the person behind is more masculine to be comfortable enough to show our human flaws (If it was based on their life). It's funny because your laughing at the characters ineptitude.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
They are funny by emasculating the character, you could say the person behind is more masculine to be comfortable enough to show our human flaws (If it was based on their life). It's funny because your laughing at the characters ineptitude.

But in the end all these nutless wonders seem to save the day. It's called being an anti-hero.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's how I feel too.
I have gay friends and relatives that I have good relationships with.
But it's like you said, they are not jerks.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well big surprise, the fragile dudes of ATS can't deal with dudes kissing.

Get used to it and get past your own issues, it's just people other than you trying to find happiness.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Well big surprise, the fragile dudes of ATS can't deal with dudes kissing.

Get used to it and get past your own issues, it's just people other than you trying to find happiness.

And he bursts into the thread with a strawman that he immediately begins hacking to bits.....

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

How did you completely miss the point?
Nobody here has condemned anyone.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How did you completely miss the point?
Nobody here has condemned anyone.

Yeah, I didn't see that as being your point either.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I thought it was that gay men are held to different standards than gay women in hollywood.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
"That is what makes him the greatest actor alive: he doesn't have all that baggage."

Well that and he won best actor Oscars in back to back years. Only Spencer Tracy did that as well. Another excellent actor.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

If you ask gay men , some of them will say that you have to be a real man to stomach the idea of 'the kissing scene' , and that's partly why it becomes an erotic experience for them .

Help me understand what you're implying here because it doesn't make much sense unless you're just stating that they get turned on by watching two people stage a fake kiss knowing that it might be an uncomfortable situation for the two of them in real life?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The OP generated a whole lot of posts... confirming my point. Is this even debatable?

i.e. - That may have not been the point, but that's the response, which as stated... big surprise.

Shall we just go on with the 'It creeps me out to see 2 guys kiss' but I don't have homophobic issues cause... 'I have so many gay friends'. Let's not feign ignorance at how transparent this type of talk is.
edit on 2-4-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The OP generated a whole lot of posts... confirming my point. Is this even debatable?

i.e. - That may have not been the point, but that's the response, which as stated... big surprise.

Shall we just go on with the 'It creeps me out to see 2 guys kiss' but I don't have homophobic issues cause... 'I have so many gay friends'. Let's not feign ignorance at how transparent this type of talk is.

Lol agreed

I'm not creeped out by whoever is kissing, and I wonder why other straight men are.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Lol agreed

I'm not creeped out by whoever is kissing, and I wonder why other straight men are.

Same here but I find this disturbing...

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I would love to know why it creeps me out.
I really would.
Doesn't change the fact that it does.

If that makes me a bad person in some people's eyes so be it.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So gay people can feel free to be gay. But you want Bluntone to hide parts of who he is?

You are only free to act free if your actions are preapproved. Don't go having feelings now...someone is surely out there to deride you for them.

You should look up the term "homophobe" to see what it means.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It's how we were raised. Dad never said anything about gay people but when something gay came along he tensed. You could feel it. I'm glad I got to know some gay folk in my early 20's. Took Dad's stigma away.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I would love to know why it creeps me out.
I really would.
Doesn't change the fact that it does.

If that makes me a bad person in some people's eyes so be it.

Well for the record I don't think it makes you a bad person, just different comfort zones is all.
I used to go to gay nightclubs back in the day because there were less violent incidents than straight clubs, but the only challenge was turning blokes down saying "sorry I'm straight".
Society has moved on here, they've all closed because being gay is no big deal anymore in clubland...tinder and the like has killed gay bars as well, no need for them anymore.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I used to go to gay nightclubs back in the day because there were less violent incidents than straight clubs, but the only challenge was turning blokes down saying "sorry I'm straight".

Not my experience. I went with a couple(literally) of gay guys and wasn't hit on once. Word got around I was straight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join