It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computerised Voicemail in Mandarin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have a slight mystery i'm trying to figure out. I live in Australia for the record. Yesterday I was on the phone to a friend (mobile phone) and when I got off I received a text alert for my voicemail service. Because it went straight to voicemail while I was on the phone no number came up in my missed calls. When checking the voicemail, it was a computerised voice speaking what I can recognise as Mandarin Chinese? I have been trying to find a way to translate it but can't find any free speech translators online so at this point I have no idea what the message says. I have a cousin who lived in China for a number of years who speaks Mandarin so i'm hoping he can help me out. In the mean time, it remains a mystery. Anyone ever encountered something similar?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
most likely scam call from china as theres a large chinese population in australia .
just ignore and delete it .

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Wrong number?

I played around with fake GPS location apps on my smartphone. Decided to relocate to Inner Mongolia for a day. Started receiving all sorts of Emails and SMS's from manufacturers in China.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

I recently installed TrueCaller - it does an incredible job filtering out unwanted calls and sms's as well as identifying unknown numbers.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I showed the message to my cousin. Loosely translates to something about a notice for me at the Australian consulate and I need to pick it up. It said that this is the last time they will try to contact me. Either a wrong number, or a scam. Or a coded message to a sleeper cell lol.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
That certainly sounds strange. It sounds like some kind of phone scam. Anything other than that would be pretty creepy.
I sometimes get left voicemail messages by scammers. A minute of office noises with coughs, beeping sounds and faint chatter.

I've been asked similar things like that before. I just ignore them to be honest.

I do love a good mystery.

edit on Mon, 02 Apr 2018 03:29:28 -0500031842018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: harold223
I have a slight mystery i'm trying to figure out. I live in Australia for the record. Yesterday I was on the phone to a friend (mobile phone) and when I got off I received a text alert for my voicemail service. Because it went straight to voicemail while I was on the phone no number came up in my missed calls. When checking the voicemail, it was a computerised voice speaking what I can recognise as Mandarin Chinese? I have been trying to find a way to translate it but can't find any free speech translators online so at this point I have no idea what the message says. I have a cousin who lived in China for a number of years who speaks Mandarin so i'm hoping he can help me out. In the mean time, it remains a mystery. Anyone ever encountered something similar?

Scam call.. Malware got into your browser (s) somewhere/how. Got in by visiting a site, download, link or something you bookmarked or made a "fav".

Check any newly visited sites, adds or apps.. They prob won't stop until you figure out its "door or pathway" to/it..

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hmmmm....Maybe that infamous "Nigerian Prince" learned Mandarin and got himself a mobile phone.

edit on 2/4/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join