It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of Windows 10 crashes - Please help

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

The event ID 2
Muroc trace

error?

Well, that one people on the interweb say should be tagged with a "Warning" or "Information" tagged instead of a scary, kernel event!

The complaint on Win 10 is all the system updates that autoload while you are working. They are not supposed to interfere with your computer usage but do. So the good folk at MS are doing things like downloading an installer during that time instead of the update; when you shutdown, the installer kicks in then downloads your updates! MS claims it is faster... while you spend another 30 minutes downloading the updates and then rebooting.

If you are on any network other than a fast company one, you will see slowdowns. My work computer ignores all the settings and does whatever it wants to, whenever it wants to. So even if you think you have it all set up right, there is always that.

That is just MS updates! Then you have application updates and vendor device updates. With all this SPECTRE/Meltdown stuff going on, who knows which one is causing the issue. My guess (all it is), is MS is a bandwidth hog and ignores your user settings.

Good luck! Sounds like you have some good people helping you out here. If anything I said was a repeat, sorry. And I am an end-user, not a desktop support tech but we do not have a local admin so have to fend for ourselves (these are the things I have found out by myself).

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well go into device manager and check each Driver first be sure one device does not have two drivers .
believe it or not I have a gateway and the monitor driver installed beside the stander-ed driver .
So in effect both drivers were running at the same time Blue screen after blue screen .
well turns out ( as most know gateway SUCKS that driver even though it shows working does not work correctly )
I disabled the stander ed driver no change i disabled the gateway MADE for it drive and wala .

Mean wile every one was telling me what they have told you busted ram busted drive busted well look at the replys lol .

Good thing it was just a monitor driver and not graphics driver .
Not even once ( did lose a new battery to a badly chipped battery Over charged over 700 k lol

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think I got it. Running memory test. Already reporting hardware problem and still in progress.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The event ID 2 Muroc trace

Is an error as it can trip a false Machine Check in certain cases , and lead to a GSOD and a reboot. A person has to know how to perform a bugcheck on the dump log to know the cause.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'd like to make this last post to let you all know the problem had been fixed. It was the RAM Memory. I just replaced with a new one.

Thanks to everybody who participated in this thread and tried to help me. THANKS !

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Good that it was a stick of ram, best advice I can give is that heat is the biggest killer of computery stuff and consider the cooler it is the cooler your attitude will be.

Its a bit of a bad joke but consider a computer like something a necrophilliac would like aka cracking open a cold one is the best thing so keep the fans etc clear and now and again give it some serious love and for a few bucks it'll last for a long time.

HEAT is the biggest enemy with systems so depending where you live keep it out of sunlight and where cats like to sit and deposit lots of fur etc.

(post by lorein0688 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join