It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why they want our guns, and why they cant have them

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Some States have already begun to take them ..

Police legally seizing guns under 'red flag' laws

SEATTLE – Alexander Mckenzie, a 31-year-old Army veteran who, according to court documents, is being treated for post-traumatic stress disorder, recently had his gun confiscated by the Seattle Police Department even though he had committed no crime. It’s one of 27 guns seized legally by the Seattle Police Department from 16 individuals since last July under Washington State’s new Extreme Risk Protection Order law. McKenzie had been acting strange, glaring at customers of a pizza restaurant while carrying his handgun. He now agrees with the firearm seizure. “I’m grateful that the police got the gun away from me,” McKenzie told Fox News. Washington is one of six states with high risk or red flag laws. But in the wake of the Parkland school shooting, the Brady Campaign says at least 30 states are considering them. “I think we’re seeing a building consensus in blue states and red states that this is a good way to balance public safety against people’s Second Amendment rights,” said Jaron Lindbaum of Washington Ceasefire. Guns are removed for one year, but there is due process. Only family, roommates and police can petition the court for the civil order. The burden of proof is on the petitioner. A judge determines if the person is a danger to himself or others. If the order is issued, the guns can be seized immediately, but the gun owner gets to make his or her case in court within two weeks. Even gun rights advocates, who are afraid of government abuse, say it appears to be working. “We’ve seen the downside of people who are distraught or crazy taking out their problems on the general public,” said Dave Workman of the Bellevue, Wash.-based Second Amendment Foundation. “We don’t want that to happen here.” One petition to seize guns was turned down by a King County, Wash., judge. All others have been granted, including the taking of an AR-15 rifle. According to the pastors of the Cross and Crown Church in Seattle, a former member threatened to kill them and wished the recent church massacre in Sutherland Springs, Texas had happened there. Law enforcement is convinced the law is saving lives. “I have no doubt,” said King County Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg, “it is the kind of tool we can use to prevent greater tragedies.”

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

When enough people are angry at the same time, about the same thing, it'll happen. It's like a universal law. Will enough of 'em get angry,,,that's what remains to be seen. Though I surely do hope that that reason enough never comes to fruition. I have friends who lived through Civil Wars...I've no great desire to join their ranks.

Ruby Ridge. A lot of things went wrong there. Nor did enough people get angry about it, and we should have. You're not wrong.

You could be right about it being a bunch of macho talk with nothing to back it. There could be too many sheep now, just waiting to be lead to the slaughter house...only time is going to tell for sure.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I see you totally missed the Hind helicopters huh? Or choose to not comment on them because they hurt your point. Or the easy access to Heat sensor reflective clothing or material.

The AFghans kicked the Russians butts in the 80's after some training. A 50 cal can take down a Apache and plenty of americans own those too.

If we have a civil war your comments will be proven wrong. They did a survey of military members if i remember. more than half would side with the american people itself. the marines being a exception.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I see you totally missed the Hind helicopters huh? Or choose to not comment on them because they hurt your point. Or the easy access to Heat sensor reflective clothing or material.

No not really. It just thought it was to dumb to comment. You americans always amaze me. You seam to think you can OutSmart a gunship piloted by someone who does this for a living. These Gunships will pick you of before you can hear them or see them.

If we have a civil war your comments will be proven wrong. They did a survey of military members if i remember. more than half would side with the american people itself. the marines being a exception.

Your government are to cynical and to smart to let a civial war break out. They will just keep on killing you in smal numbers here and there until you submit to the Law. And when the Law is submitted by a vote, Your government will bring in the big guns. That is when they will start to hunt you Down one by one, house by house at different times and at different Places so that non of you will have knowledge of when it will be Your turn.

Your government have the time on their side. And while they are waiting they will tax you for every day you dont comply to the New Law. If you dont pay they will take the Money you have in Your bank account by leagal force.

They will get you to comply in one way or another....trust me. They will pick on different People at different geografic locations at a time. They will not og for all of at once. They are not that foolish.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

No not really. It just thought it was to dumb to comment. You americans always amaze me. You seam to think you can OutSmart a gunship piloted by someone who does this for a living. These Gunships will pick you of before you can hear them or see them.

You seem to forget the 100s of 1000s of vets who use to do the same thing for a living. And already know the tactics and how they will operate and adjust.

That is when they will start to hunt you Down one by one, house by house at different times and at different Places so that non of you will have knowledge of when it will be Your turn.

Right because we would just sit there? If they are systematiacally killing people that will be a huge red flag to set up opposition.

ou americans always amaze me

People with clearly no combat experience amaze me, arm-chairing scenarios they are short sighted about because they have absolutely no real world combat experience, and pretending they know what they are talking about.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Right because we would just sit there? If they are systematiacally killing people that will be a huge red flag to set up opposition.

They are already systematically killing you to get their votes to take Your guns. Its just that you People are not catching on.

Youe peopel are to pre-occupied to disagree between Your selves about who is behind all the mass killings. This actually proves that you People will never be prepared for whats to come. And you will never be organized for a defence, because you People are to divided amongst yourselves to what is going on. They know Your weakness because you have been tested already.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

No , this is WHY No One Will EVER Take them in these United States...........

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

No , this is WHY No One Will EVER Take them in these United States...........

A gun ban Law is what they are trying to create. And they will create it because the beast she is talking about have taken all Power. It is just a matter of time before it become a reality. You the People dont controll the Law or Write the laws,... the beast does. You people dont even get to vote on any of these laws.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

That might be the Case for Now , but when Push comes to Shove , their Legal Power to Legislate is Derived Directly by Constitutional LAW . Meaning neither the Congress , the Senate , the President , nor the SCOTUS , can Defy it without the Threat of Citizens Arrest and Imprisonment . There Are Many Americans in this Country in and out of Government Agencies who will not Hesitate to Act if the Situation Dictates Legal Action .
edit on 2-4-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

They are already systematically killing you to get their votes to take Your guns. Its just that you People are not catching on.

It would be nothing compare to how they would have to do it to push the agenda. Like I said, I have been in every major conflict since the first Iraq war, I know how countries go about doing this, all you have to do is look at history and talk to the people that were there.

Again armchair all you want, youre just proving you have no idea what youre talking about

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Anyone who really thinks that even an AR-15 can go up against the might of the Government of any country in the world should be classed as insane and as a result, unable to purchase a gun of any kind.

If the Government really wants to wipe you out, they'll send a few tanks or a Predator drone. Your AR-15 or, if you're Alex Jones, a safe full of 50 guns, aint gonna be worth a damn against any military force the Government can bring to bear against you.

You're missing the forest for the trees. It strikes me as more desirable to die on my feet than live on my knees. If fighting for myself and my own ends in my death, so be it... far better than cowering in fear like some dystopian hell.

Somewhat comforting is the knowledge that a bunch of cavemen in the middle east did a pretty good job against that military force for quite a few years, didn't they? Before that happened, we saw a similar result in Vietnam and before that in Korea. The US government has the ability to destroy anything on this planet, but they've proven they lack the balls and conviction to actually deploy what's needed to properly and quickly win conflicts. When they fight against forces willing to do whatever it takes to win, our leadership struggles... As an added boost to that, if the bleeding hearts nearly rioted to protest the killing of foreign enemy combatants in a war theater, imagine the backlash if that crap hit here on US soil.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

They will either have to start doing it incrementally by banning magazines, methods to keep your loads etc.

Perhaps regulating banning ammunition since it doesnt fall under the 2nd.

Or they will find a way to make anyone who owns (type class blah blah blah of firearm) a felon, thereby revoking their right to the 2nd.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

It would be nothing compare to how they would have to do it to push the agenda. Like I said, I have been in every major conflict since the first Iraq war, I know how countries go about doing this, all you have to do is look at history and talk to the people that were there.

Again armchair all you want, youre just proving you have no idea what youre talking about

How Your government fights WARs abroade can not be compared to how they will fight you domestically.

Your government wont Chase Your guns in a manor that will create a civial war. They are not that stupid. But that is how you think it will play out. And that tells me something about you.

I will tell you i told you so when they have taken Your guns. Because they will,.... because they are way smarter then you are. You just dont know it yet......

IF they pass a Law that gives them the right to take Your guns. They will. There are many ways they can do it.

1. They can come to Your house With a varent. Take Your guns.
2. They can come and pick you up at work, bring you home and take Your guns.
3. They can stop you in a road Block, Cuff you, take you home and then take Your guns.

The list goes on. On the News there will be nothing. No one will know that matters anyways. You wont even know whats going on or why they want you until they have you....

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

How Your government fights WARs abroade can not be compared to how they will fight you domestically.

Youre right, we are much better armed.

Your government wont Chase Your guns in a manor that will create a civial war. They are not that stupid. But that is how you think it will play out. And that tells me something about you.

I just told you a few approaches they are trying to take as we speak, we also have some politicians ACTIVELY trying to work for a complete repeal of the 2nd.

The fact that they are this blatant flies a bit in the face of what you seem to think. Were a lot more vigilant than you think. And we have put up with a lot to try and maintain the peace, as they slowly slowly make more incremental changes.

But at this point youre missing one huge dynamic, the part of the populace that WANTS a ban are pushing these politicians harder and harder and they are no longer interested in the "small steps" they have run out of patience.

I will tell you i told you so when they have taken Your guns. Because they will,.... because they are way smarter then you are. You just dont know it yet......

Armchair all you want.......it wont happen and theres a majority of this country tht are willing to shed their own blood to stop it.

But I guess we can both claim were right......until we see what happens

You can bet ill hold you to that "told you so" if im right

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I lost my licence to aquire guns back in 1998

And yet your still alive, doesn't that prove that guns aren't necessary?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Youre right, we are much better armed.

What mix have you been rolling.... lol.

WHen they come for you you will probably not even have a Clue as to why they are comming for you. You will be out numbered and out gunned when they show up.

It dosent matter how bad ass of a soldier you claim to be. They know who you are and what you are. If they just suddenly stop you in a road Block. Your in deep shi#t. You dont have Your man Power at Your disposal anymore. Only Your ego wich wont count for much.

You have been a sheep all Your life and you will be a sheep this time to.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme

originally posted by: notsure1
Remember the Bundys? In 2014 a small army of federal agents tried to steal their land and killed their livestock they deemed on federal property.

The men armed with the same weapons as the agents beat them back and held the line .And on Jan 8 2018 a federal judge ruled the government was wrong.

It barely got talked about on the MSM, but this is a great example of what the 2nd amendment is there for.

It is to protect from a tyrannical government, Which is the biggest threat to a free state.

This is why they want our guns and this is why they cant have them..

Beat them back and held the line? The federal agents only showed restraint because they didn't want a blood bath. Not because they were outgunned or even equally gunned. If they wanted to, they could of ended it day one and all of those gun owners would of been dead.

Yea like WACO. Hos that historical review going for them in retrospect? Yea they were going to do what? Bring in attack choppers? Think of how well that would have went over. Get a clue man.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Anyone who really thinks that even an AR-15 can go up against the might of the Government of any country in the world should be classed as insane and as a result, unable to purchase a gun of any kind.

If the Government really wants to wipe you out, they'll send a few tanks or a Predator drone. Your AR-15 or, if you're Alex Jones, a safe full of 50 guns, aint gonna be worth a damn against any military force the Government can bring to bear against you.

Wait, so the AR-15 isn't a weapon of war?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

LOL. Walk yourself through that scenario one more time. Go through the details of it. It makes no sense. Zip, zero, nada. All those predator drones and tanks couldn't handle a few thousand rag heads, I highly doubt they can handle 100 million gun owners. Furthermore, are they really going to kill half their tax base? Really?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

What will you do about this?
edit on 2-4-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join