It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why they want our guns, and why they cant have them

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Yes if a government wants to go totally wild on its citizenry there are less outs. That being said, should it ever happen you would have not just people fighting with guns, but with other means as well. All those power plants and water treatment facilities that provide those things for the government infrastructure, yeah those need people to keep running. I tend to look at things from that perspective, you don't have to take up arms in order to resist a tyrannical government, there are so many other ways to fight back.

Now at the same time, you have a populace that is armed to contend with. So either A the government is held in check because they don't want to totally turn everything into rubble, or B the government goes nuts on the populace and another power steps in to help against the government (China, Russia, etc.). I assure you quite a few other powers in the world would love for that to happen, because it completely destabilizes the entire country thus creating a power vacuum.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

They are not from here and just dont understand how well armed we are.. The militias that showed up in support of the Bundys and support of the pipeline protesters are very well armed and trained, mostly vets..

And how many cops or soldiers would flat out refuse to fire a shot at Americans?

It would not be easy or they would have allready done it..

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You really think you had a win that day don't ya, here let me let you into a little secret, you didn't win, the authorities chose not to fight head to head, they used stealth, assassinated finicum in a road block and mopped up the bundys later and anyone else involved. The authority will use whatever tactic they have in their Arsenal and they have the backing of government.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The right to keep and bear arms.....shall NOT be infringed.

The keeping part is what they want to take away so that citizens cannot bear them in time of need.

When that goes, the US is gone. It will never happen in our lifetimes but a few more snowflake generations down the road, maybe.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Anyone who really thinks that even an AR-15 can go up against the might of the Government of any country in the world should be classed as insane and as a result, unable to purchase a gun of any kind.

If the Government really wants to wipe you out, they'll send a few tanks or a Predator drone. Your AR-15 or, if you're Alex Jones, a safe full of 50 guns, aint gonna be worth a damn against any military force the Government can bring to bear against you.

At a military base, you can find guns, tanks, and drones. You know what you won't find? Crops, livestock, and living quarters for the families of soldiers.

Give that some thought.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I agree with your assessment Hypntick. Guns are a tiny fraction of what is needed in a resistance movement.

I can imagine many techniques that will need to be used to win against the might of TPTB. It would never happen over night or in any direct confrontations, and just because most of the citizens have pea shooters now, doesn't mean they won't acquire the necessary equipment and opportunity to use it effectively.

That particular stand off was ill conceived and totally an amateur attempt doomed to fail. I think there are many organized people with more realistic plans just waiting to do what will need to be done, but only when it becomes absolutely necessary. You'll never suspect who they are even after they begin to act, but they will be effective.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Don't forget what the government is willing to do to prove a point or better yet make a weapons violation an offense that demands death as punishment without trial.
Think of two sawed off shotguns.
Trigger happy snipers exist. Miscommunication exists and it will all be forgiven/forgotten with the supremacy clause.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

When you actually know anything about asymmetrical/guerrilla warfare, then get back to me.

Drones and tanks. Invincible. Wrong. Wrong. ...and wrong. Drones require bases for fuel. They also require targets. If they can't find you, they can't bomb you. ...and there's a host of folks who have the skill set to avoid those oh, so invincible drones. As for tanks? Fuel. Fuel comes in trucks. Trucks are soft targets.

No, my AR-15 won't stop a tank, but I'll betcha I can use that AR-15, along with a bunch of my friends, many of whom have served in places like Vietnam. Central America (won't say where, even if I knew...). ...and, of course, Afghanistan and Iraq, to get stuff that will stop a tank.

No, a guerrilla war, Americans against Americans would not be a roll over in favor of the govt. Not even remotely.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I just look at things from power perspectives, grid stability and reliability is an area that I have experience in. If you look at the FERC summer 2017 report you see that in the US, accounting for all NERC regions you have an average nuclear generating capacity of 10.1%. Some regions it's at 3%, some it's at 19%, and then everything in between. The reason I mention nuclear in specific as that is the only generating capacity that isn't in some fashion connected via a data network to the reliability coordinators.

Knowing just how shoddy those data connections can be, and assuming that say 20% of the remaining 89.9% of generating capacity is connected via read only methods, and believe me that 20% is a very healthy estimate in their favor, how well does anyone think this country can run on 30.1% of its power needs? With only 10.1% of that being reliable, as the other 20% that would account for read only connectivity are a mix of fuel types that can be disrupted in some fashion or are for peak generation only (CT, hydro, etc.)

That's just a very small slice of the pie when it comes to industrial distribution in this country, or in fact the world for that matter. The same argument could be made for water treatment, food processing, waste disposal, and transportation infrastructure. Not to mention the needed every day upkeep that goes on for all of these sectors.

Hopefully this gives a brief glimpse into how fragile all of this is, not only from a standpoint of tyrannical resistance but also from foreign intervention. Your only stop-gap from the foreign side of things is the fact you have people who work daily protecting these systems, do you think that would continue if a government decided to declare war on its populace? Not only that, but look at it from another viewpoint, even if they declared war on the populace and every single government employee stayed on and didn't up and leave, do you think they have the capability to keep everything running for themselves? The combined effort of the entire country barely keeps things together as it is, much less a significantly smaller subset.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I was thinking more from seagull's perspective, asymmetrical/guerrilla warfare. There are many fronts that are fought without any conventional weapons at all. What Hypntick is suggesting is a number of fronts in a war of attrition I would think. There are many fronts, many "weapons", many resources, many people who have the power to act in the most unsuspecting and lowly positions. Where does the majority of the people's loyalties truly lie? Who can trust who? A chain is only as strong as it's links.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Anyone who really thinks that even an AR-15 can go up against the might of the Government of any country in the world should be classed as insane and as a result, unable to purchase a gun of any kind.

If the Government really wants to wipe you out, they'll send a few tanks or a Predator drone. Your AR-15 aint gonna be worth a damn,

Thats how you show you really have 0 clue what you are talking about.. You extremely underestimate the power the American civilians have in their arsenal..

And, he/she is unfamiliar with World history.
edit on 1-4-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You just showed exactly how foolish you are with that statement.ask both the US and the Russia govt how accurate that statement is. I.E. Afghanistan and the Taliban.

They've been fighting off world Powers for almost four decades with less than that.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

You just showed exactly how foolish you are with that statement.ask both the US and the Russia govt how accurate that statement is. I.E. Afghanistan and the Taliban.

They've been fighting off world Powers for almost four decades with less than that.

Jaden

At what cost though?

Those people are used to living in extreme poverty, the average westerner would not cope if power and water were shut off and the shelves in the stores empty, in reality all the government need to do is stop the flow of goods and the vast majority of the population would kill each other off.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You are right.

A bunch of hillbillys in Vietnam proved you are correct. Mountain folks in Afghanistan too. Pissed off Arab kids in cities in Iraq also. Come to think of it, a very small percentage of scraggly colonists went up against the largest/best military power at the time right here in the US once upon a time. Nothing came of it.

Yup. Damn near impossible to go up against it and come out ahead.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wow...you sound like a fan. An admirer.

Will you feel the same when it's your turn?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Wow...you sound like a fan. An admirer.

Will you feel the same when it's your turn?

Lame, so lame. Go high five yourself and have a chest thump...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

If the Government really wants to wipe you out, they'll send a few tanks or a Predator drone. Your AR-15 or, if you're Alex Jones, a safe full of 50 guns, aint gonna be worth a damn against any military force the Government can bring to bear against you.

Look cute regurgitated talking points.

You must have totally forgotten the 18 year war that several nations and military personnel have been involved in, in a little country called Afghanistan and Iraq.

You know, the one thats still going? The same country that ousted the Russians?

Last I checked they arent as armed as the US, Britain, Australia, and several other nations.

But I guess we dont want to talk about actual logic, facts and history.

We just want to parrot what we hear because politics.

Or how bout the sheer number of combat vets we have now? What did they just suddenly lose their knowledge of military tactics and how the US military works? You think THEY wouldnt prove to be a serious threat to a gov looking to subjugate its people? HAH
edit on 1-4-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I guess you never heard of Viet Nam?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

OK. High fiveing. Not my intent but we all need one now and then... I guess?

You still sound like someone who really likes the idea of watching people get trampled by the state.

in reality all the government need to do is stop the flow of goods and the vast majority of the population would kill each other off

the authorities chose not to fight head to head, they used stealth, assassinated finicum in a road block and mopped up the bundys later and anyone else involved.

Let's face it, one or even 10000 bad gun owners make all gun owners bad. They are dangerous, dangerous people with dangerous weapons.

No Matter which religion you follow, whether that be conceal carry or open carry or any other type of carrying there is your time is coming to an end and as citizens of the earth we stand united against your facism and intolerance.

Your preference is clear to anybody. You would gleefully watch other people get crushed simply because their opinion differs from yours. If the state is the vehicle to do so, terrific. Then the state is wonderful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join