It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems NASCAR Is Going Full Electric By 2021

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What do you think about sitting at a NASCAR event without feeling the engines pulse in your chest and the ringing in your ears as the roar of a 900 horsepower pushrod v8 roars past you at 200 MPH? That may soon be a reality.

I for one welcome the idea imagine what these cars can be capable of in the decades to come.

Happy April

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You should have seen the look of shock and disbelief on my face as that video was playing. Well done!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Oh you got me!

Was trying to imagine the quietest event possible where the fans have to start making their own vrrrroooommmm noises.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: InspectorGadget13

Fooled you once, fooled you twice. Not going to happen again. This April fools joke has become a joke itself.

It is will most likely go electric in the future but with some sort of system the allows it to create noise when they are racing.

Electric NASCAR
edit on 1-4-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

It’s amazing the difference between the two. It seems that the upside of an electric motor would be that it should last well beyond the 1000 mile shelf life of the current engines.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I wish the NHRA would let electric rail dragsters. They could actually break speeds of 0ver 500mph on proper tracks.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think NASCAR will decline with electric cars.

I don't think the fan base will enjoy the quiet and the fact that you really can't tinker with an electric engine. I think it takes a lot of fun out of the sport.

new topics

top topics

join