It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the age of Information Hygiene - sanity sanitation? RE: Fake news & false flag viruses.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Welcome, ATS friends, to the age of Information Hygiene..

You are now living in a time when it is not 'what you know' that will get you by, because basically on the internet, anything can be hoaxed, and the best hoaxes can practically fool a national government or fifty. We are at a point in our civilisation's history in which Information Hygiene is necessitated, as a direct result of the voluminous flood of sanity-wrecking Fake News, False Flags & Propaganda shenanigans.

If we intend to use information responsibly, we will now be required to provide a literal 'chain of custody' of ideas/ dialogue/ facts/ professional interpretation, by which I mean to say that Information Hygiene takes account of not only what is said, but who said it first, verification that indeed it was said by that person (from third parties), and if it is to be discussed, analysed & interpreted, then we must be prepared to provide references to account for the truth according to authoritative (or at least, truthful & socially aware/responsible) corporate or research sources or persons. References were always a good thing - but this moment in history, where we are looking at the idea of managing our contact with news & opinion, research & scientific results in a responsible 'chain of custody' sense, may prove to be a phase shift, a new paradigm for the instigation of a new mode of day to day information management. Surely, we don't need to reference everything? Perhaps we do - perhaps we should now be teaching our children to NOT trust in 'authorities' like Wikipedia, Facebook, Google, etc, but rather to unearth, source, discuss & debate as much information as we possibly can, in terms of locating responsible original thought on any given topic, instead of lazy 'appeal to authority' Metabunkalese BULLSNIP 'factchecking'.

Our kids need to understand the dangers not only of fake news, but also of shaped narratives, propaganda, deception operations, false flags & multimedia manipulations of public opinion conducted by crooked figures within & without 'the establishment'. Because believe it or not, the establishment isn't all bad. What is bad, is deliberately undermining the peace & security of a nation. Wealth is never fairly distributed - but if a nation manages its affairs properly, its people should all possess the basics for what it takes to get by, and have opportunities to progress in society. Anything (SOROS et al) that undermines that, or holds it to ransom (TTIP), should never be trusted or tolerated. If we are not careful, our nations will be dissolved by meddling wickedness & the insanity of excessive privatisation.

The TAO of a nation is its balance between opportunities for trade, and its responsibilities to itself. A weaving back & forth, around a centre which is perfect holism, a respectable balance between the classes, each group appreciating what the other brings, if they are being responsible with what is handed to them, whether wealth by inheritance, or assistance measures from the state, or services rendered in lieu of assets.

Difficult times, and dangerous waters.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thinking people should be open to this and maybe are already. Those that are mired in their own perceptions though won't. Everything that doesn't conform to that perception is dismissed. Anything that does, no matter how out there, is accepted without question. That's an excellent OP and you are right. For everyone but also to teach your kids that.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Soros?....he's the one fighting FOR democracies in Europe, and AGAINST dictatorships and fascist governments.....otherwise, good advice

edit on 1-4-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Soros?....he's the one fighting FOR democracies in Europe, and AGAINST dictatorships and fascist governments.....otherwise, good advice

You forgot the "/sarc" part...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What is news and how does it really affect us?

Does a car accident or a shooting in a town 3,000 miles away impact us? We have become so artificially enmeshed with each other that we "think" that something happening in another location will impact us.

When in reality, it doesn't.

The federal government passes laws that impact us.
The state and local law makers make laws that impact us.
The economic stability of our personal locations impact us.

We have become, whether we like it or not, a global community because we react to issues that we don't have any part of.

We care more about communities on different continents than we do our next-door neighbors.

Sometimes I really hate the times we live in, but I don't have any say in the matter so I make the best of what I have and try to do the right thing regardless.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Wait so the butterfly affect isn’t real?!? WTH Every time I take a #2 I hope it affects someone I dislike somewhere. I was beginning to think I solved the NK problem lol

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
Wait so the butterfly affect isn’t real?!? WTH Every time I take a #2 I hope it affects someone I dislike somewhere. I was beginning to think I solved the NK problem lol

And we are all so proud of the potty you make!

But no, the only one who has any real effect in North Korea is Chuck Norris.

And Batman.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

We could send Deadpool. That'd screw em up.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Great OP, but I would have to ask if you agree with my daughters approach to this with her three sons. She has been pounding it into their heads that its all lies and deceptions and she started off by proving it. Some cereal product was being hawked on the tv as the tastiest, she bought it and the kids hated it. She then re-ran the commercial for them and asked them....."truth or lie". They of course said "lie" and she went on to explain that advertizements are lies told to steal your money.

She's expanded on that to the point the kids can spot their teachers propaganda, and dont believe anything they see on TV or the internet news sources.

Pretty simple solution actually!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Information hygiene.

Brings interesting images to mind...

This is what our brains are for, I think. Take information from as many sources as possible, and think about it, and make up ones mind concerning what you've heard/read.

Same as it's always been. There are just many, many more sources, that come at you faster, and faster. It's easy enough to get swamped by it. Been there...and have been burned more than once--as I'm sure we all have. You have to consciously slow yourself down, and think before reacting. Otherwise, it could be a case of "act in haste, repent at leisure."

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Chuck Norris should have played Batman. Would have been pretty cool man. But despite what you said I shall continue to take my potty and change the world. You can thank me later.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

We could send Deadpool. That'd screw em up.

Deadpool quit the hero business and now teaches Pilates in a strip mall north of Detroit.

It's true.

I heard it on the news.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I stopped explaining myself when I realized people only understand from their level of perception.

- INTERNET
edit on 1-4-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Without a doubt, sincerely good points you've typed up here.

The advent of the world wide web, especially once DSL speeds were released, and then smart phones and 3g/4g....

They've allowed us to explore and seek information at a much greater rate, but just as you've pointed out, both intentional and unintentional distribution of false information, along with failing powers of perception and reason, well, you outlined all of it very clearly.

For whatever unknown reason, your OP reminds me of the movie Pi, where the fellow grinds so hard to find some profound truth, only to let go and just live happily.

edit on 412018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Don't smoke Tidepods.

new topics

top topics

join