It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Easter so lets talk....chocolate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There are some other types I like even better, but we're talking shelling out serious bucks for those and heading to the high dollar boutique for them, so ... yeah, I'll stick with what I mentioned before.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I remember going to a class to get educated on chocolate from a chocolatier (was for work at the time). Right out of the gate their first statement was that milk chocolate wasn't really even considered in the world of good chocolate. I'd agree with that. After that learned that there really wasn't much difference between Hersheys and Godiva (or any of those duty free chocolates), all kinda junky ingredients. But man, some classy chocolate out there can get expensive!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Husband got sent some of that from EU corporate as token of their appreciation for his help on one of their projects.

OMG ... sooo good ...

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
"Everyone is Polish on Dyngus Day" - Song by Jerry Darlak and the Push
Today IS Dyngus Day
Enjoy

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: intrptr

I don't care if it rains or freezes long as I have my 'chocolate' Jesus!

Nah, not the same is it?

Too funny (despite no-one else seemed to get it).

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
big fan of semisweet / dark.

esp when combined with marshmallow.

yum.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Happy 1/2 price chocolate day everyone. Spent $13 and got a lot of EVERYTHING. Filled a bag.
Have to up the Metformin this week.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I wanted a white cream egg, because ...white chocolate! But nope, they go and turn it into some stupid competition, and I'm not eating that much chocolate, more likely to find the holy grail.

Gimmicks .. meh

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: intrepid

I always wondered why they sold chocolate eggs on Easter. Why not chocolate crosses or chocolate crown of thorns?

Jesus rode a giant bunny as it laid chocolate eggs, come on.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

My favorite Easter candy was always Cadbury Creme Eggs. I know some people hate the, but I loved them from when I was a kid.

I have't had one in many, many years and don't eat many sweets any more, but that Easter candy tempts the hell out of me, especially remembering those huge chocolate bunnies, and how disappointing when someone gave a hollow one.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
big fan of semisweet / dark.

esp when combined with marshmallow.

yum.

So you're into the jungle choc. Cool, man.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: intrptr

I always wondered why they sold chocolate eggs on Easter. Why not chocolate crosses or chocolate crown of thorns?

Jesus rode a giant bunny as it laid chocolate eggs, come on.

Chocolate Crucifixes would be 'sacreligulous', come 'on.

Bunnies eggs and chocolate were invented by Judas...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

...and how disappointing when someone gave a hollow one.

The person that invented hollow chocolates now resides in hell.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

...and how disappointing when someone gave a hollow one.

The person that invented hollow chocolates now resides in hell.

The person who invented that was a miser, who likely sold it as whole chocolate.

If being forever trapped inside a hollow chocolate bunny with no hope for escape, I might could call that hell.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It's because Easter really had nothing to do with Christianity. It was a pagan holiday, that (like Christmas) Christianity adopted because their potential converts wouldn't be giving it up. It's a holiday about spring and rebirth, hence the fertility symbols of eggs and bunnies.

Yeah, there are chocolate crosses, but it's that really cheap, nasty chocolate.

I don't know why, but I love good old-fashioned Hershey chocolate just fine, kisses, miniatures, chocolate bars, etc. The semi-sweet fancy stuff is just bitter to me. I do love some Cadbury stuff, and M&M / Mars stuff too.

For Cadbury egg fans, that get older, try the smaller Cadbury eggs, so it isn't too much rich sweetness. I get these for my wife who loves them. (The caramel ones are fantastic too).

A cake company, Wiltons, makes some great melting chocolate wafers to make your own homemade chocolates (I usually melt in some Godiva chips too, just to switch it up some). We make these every Christmas for family and friends, such as our own chocolate covered cherries, nut clusters, chocolate covered cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate dipped potato chips, etc.
edit on 4-4-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join