It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Easter so lets talk....chocolate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Specifically milk chocolate. Twice a year my blood sugars get screwed up. Halloween and Easter. When you talk chocolate, for me at least, you're talking Cadburry.

I also found a British store and bought products from the parent company.

Different. Must be the difference in the milk. Not better or worse. Also excellent. So when I need chocolate purple is where it's at.

Oh. And Happy Easter everyone.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I always wondered why they sold chocolate eggs on Easter. Why not chocolate crosses or chocolate crown of thorns?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Reese's peanut butter eggs for me. And whatever you're having. Oh and Happy Easter to you also and everyone else.

edit on 1-4-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have never been a big fan of Chocolate but sometimes I get that itch. About twice a year such as yourself. I know this may be a little off topic but I brought some empty plastic eggs to my stoned neighbor for there kids egg hunt. I don’t think he realized what I did but I am sure the sober wife noticed it lol

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Your blood sugar doesn't get messed up. Your blood sugar is supposed to go up when you eat way too much candy.

I like chocolate, sometimes I will occasionally eat a whole candybar. Usually I just eat about a third of it at a time. When I used to work, I could eat a whole candybar on problem. I used to keep them around just in case my blood sugar went too low and I got the shakes. If I eat a lot of sweets, I crash an hour to two hours later, Hypoglycemia all my life.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

On the rare occasions that I indulge, I definitely am weak for the Lindt chocolate.
I bought my nearly full grown daughters two chocolate bunnies as a sort of joke for today though.

I figure since I had a spinach sandwich for brunch that I can nibble on an bunny ear!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Lindt chocolate is the best omggggg.

Cadbury eggs are a close second yep.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I always wondered why they sold chocolate eggs on Easter. Why not chocolate crosses or chocolate crown of thorns?

pretty sure its just some part of the tradition that got pulled from another art.

its all symbolic.
i know they used to dye eggs red cause the color of christs blood.

then we got some pastel along the way

and chocolate

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Lindt chocolate is the best omggggg.

Cadbury eggs are a close second yep.

there is a joint around here called Suzin L that makes the best # around.
imo

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
They do sell xhocolate crosses in walgreens and cvs stores in the U.S. ....a reply to: intrptr

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I like dark chocolate ! And coconut !!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

On the rare occasions that I indulge, I definitely am weak for the Lindt chocolate.
I bought my nearly full grown daughters two chocolate bunnies as a sort of joke for today though.

I figure since I had a spinach sandwich for brunch that I can nibble on an bunny ear!

We have just smashed the heads of 3 Lindt chocky bunnies in.

A right carnage it was!

Nom nom nom...

Kindest chocky respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Mmm. Send me some and I'll be the judge of that!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Cadbury mini eggs are called crack eggs in this house for a reason, but I also love Dove.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Cacoa farmers trying chocolate for the first time.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Anyone else notice Cadbury cream eggs are like half the size they used to be ?
Lindt chocolate is the bomb. 100 truffles for 30 bucks.
And there goes the diet....

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
They do sell xhocolate crosses in walgreens and cvs stores in the U.S. ....a reply to: intrptr

I checked and there are chocolate easter crosses. Looked but didn't see a chocolate jesus on them.

Or chocolate mother mary either. Imagine, a chocolate mother mary to bite the head off.

Chocolate Easter Cross...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Cadbury used to be my favourite chocolate until The company was sold/taken over. Dunno if the secret recipe was not part of the take over deal or the new owners are using lower grade ingredients or what, but their chocolate is rubbish now, halfway to being like cheap easter egg or Christmas coins type chocolate.

Lindt is now my favourite, although it could be doing with being a little less sweet.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't care if it rains or freezes long as I have my 'chocolate' Jesus!

Nah, not the same is it?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Break a square of Ghirardelli's 90% of in a cup of coffee.
Give it a shot of honey and heavy dollop of cream.
Good stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join