It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London murder rate beats New York as stabbings surge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: Xcathdra

It is the latest "fashion" with the kids. These are all kids being gangsters, just like Chicago, only with knives instead of guns. They boast with their guns, knives and bottles of fine whiskys and spirits; they are crazy!

They call the music "Drill Music" that they make and it is very bleak, living life as if no tomorrow. It is steroid enhancing romanticism and glamourization of the gangster young sexy guy gonna die tomorrow TuPac #. The council estate kids have took this to total cartoon extremes. I'll prove it with a video from Chicago and a video from London:

It is a well extreme fashion of gang behavior. It is very sad and as bleak and pointless as the music, but they get off on making it dangerous to live for each other. It is as if they like living off the adrenalin rather than the emptiness of what life has become for the young in so many Western inner cities.

It is like deliberately making everything dangerous for kicks. What more to say? Don't we all do that sometimes? Even little Amy Winehouse and Jim Morrison liked to walk the tightrope between life and death to get off on it for the excitement, the stimulation and the art.

I called my latest track I made "Drill Dub". I have been picking up on their vibes and feeling their desperation, putting it into my own art and heart.

Yes, in London nearly all these young murders are the kids knifing each other in gangster revenge and justice, copied from the streets of Little Italy, Chicago prohibition era, gangster movies, rap and places all those years back; just a new tragic comic version.

It's like life became too safe and they are "dangering" it up. They are very naughty, but the young always are. It just looks like such a waste to us when we get older and see the sense; making life more interesting in the ghettos because it is a nihilistic uncared for void as it stands. I know because I came from it.

Look, this is how street politics happen when the authorities don't care about you any more. Really tragic and very UGLY BUGGLY BUGSY BALOGNEY! These murders are over drugs, money, turf and girlfriends. It is the poitics of the concrete jungle, born out of poverty and lack of social care and provision. They make their own hierarchies, opportunities and worst of all, JUSTICE.

Isn't that human selection ?

Fine by me.

Live by the sword.......

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: testingtesting

Scary thought, drunk Brits at the weekend all concealed carry, it would be carnage.

When you think back to all the inner city clubs that would only let you drink your snakebite from a plastic cup, yeah....Our population would halve in about three weekends if we could go and buy a pistol at Tesco's

I wonder if they would do a value one? Some single action, made in China thing

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hey OP this is fine because people aren't being murdered with guns.

We all know being murdered by knives is morally superior.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
Lol, I'm sure Asda would be on the value/basics pistol thing, they're owned by Walmart.
I'm easy though, I'll wait for the Poundland version hot off the line in China.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Outlier13

It has nowt to do with guns If us lot had em the murder rate would be tens times higher than the states generally we are all nutters who don't mind a ruck.
God forbid us all armed we would roll over the world again and regain the Empire!
It has a lot to do with years of austerity and people being poor.

Our FBI did a study in 2014 or 2015 and it came out that 5 times as many people were killed from knife attacks than from gun related deaths. You can implement strict gun ownership laws in the UK. You say you are all nutters but I imagine that is tongue in cheek. If you had people who were responsible gun owners and had the ability to defend themselves from a knife attack I imagine that death toll from knife attacks would go down. You still have plenty of gun related deaths and last time I checked the bad guys never go the legal route to get their guns anyways so gun laws to them are entirely irrelevant. Why not have a percentage of the populace who can go through the proper vetting to become a gun owner?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Adolescents are clinically insane until their hormones settle down. TPTB know if you leave them alone they will end up killing each other, its all a cheaper option than education and police run youth clubs.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Xcathdra

It is also looking like London will beat NYC in murders for the month of March as well.

So, strict gun control... I guess strict knife control is up next?

The big argument is limiting the power of the one, and limiting that power is not just with the 2nd either. London could have 50 murders in a month and they would say, well it is just one at a time, and so that still justifies their anti-gun agenda. There is another side to this in that London also exceeds most big cities in America in the rape, assault, robbery areas too. We have always seen the gun as a great equalizer, so I'm not sure what a 120lbs woman in London can use as a equalizer as a 200+lbs man/men decide to rape or rob her.

They also do not understand that every vehicle has the killing power to exceed an assault rifle, and they should know better than most that if you limit weapons the masses make new weapons...hence the Shillelagh.

By the looks of things and where they've headed we could all go back to using Shillelagh's again.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Well, if the British didn't drive and send all their Native people away in the 1600s/1700s/1800s, and also after WW2, there would have been no need to import Indians/Pakis/Africans to the UK to make up the numbers.!!
It would have been a Native European country.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Yeah Bra!!.....

Here is one of the Best of Em, and not one mention of violence.

enjoy the White boys....

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You could turn this who argument on its head and say that it shows with stricter gun laws you can reduce murder overall to the same levels as a comparable demographic with almost zero private gun ownership.

This is actually a argument for stricter gun control not against it.

Also I would presume that when you look at the raw numbers New York has more gun murders than London.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

It has nowt to do with guns If us lot had em the murder rate would be tens times higher than the states generally we are all nutters who don't mind a ruck.
God forbid us all armed we would roll over the world again and regain the Empire!

Our FBI did a study in 2014 or 2015 and it came out that 5 times as many people were killed from knife attacks than from gun related deaths. You can implement strict gun ownership laws in the UK. You say you are all nutters but I imagine that is tongue in cheek. If you had people who were responsible gun owners and had the ability to defend themselves from a knife attack I imagine that death toll from knife attacks would go down. You still have plenty of gun related deaths and last time I checked the bad guys never go the legal route to get their guns anyways so gun laws to them are entirely irrelevant. Why not have a percentage of the populace who can go through the proper vetting to become a gun owner?

If someone is going to stab you, they do it either by running up behind you and stabbing you in the back, neck, head or legs or by walking up to you, give you some aggro, then taking out a concealed weapon and stabbing you the minute you talk back. If you are lucky they will be waving the weapon around in front of them.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Sincerest congrats to New York for very temporarily not being the absolute effing worst.

Keep up the excellent work and do maintain those high standards.

A victory worth celebrating. You rule.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

People can become a legal gun owner on the UK. There are just much stricter rules about what they need to do.

The point of gun control laws is to make it harder for potential criminals to get a gun and to reduce the likely hood of a gun being present at a fight or other situation that might escalate. The UK gun laws are very effective at this and as a result the UK has far lower homicides than the US.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra>>> Murders and violence are the price we pay for social re engineering run amok.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Prime example of the left's twisted thought process. Some of you are simply beyond hope.

originally posted by: skalla
Sincerest congrats to New York for very temporarily not being the absolute effing worst.

Just a hunch here, but I think this thread goes to show how London is turning into a mess, not how NY rules. Just a hunch though, I may be wrong but I'm most probably right.

originally posted by: ScepticScot
The UK gun laws are very effective at this and as a result the UK has far lower homicides than the US.

You might want to shove a sock into your throat in the next coming years. Wonder what will be the excuse next? "BUT BUT Those aren't even GUN DEATHS!"
edit on 3-4-2018 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1337Kph

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Prime example of the left's twisted thought process. Some of you are simply beyond hope.

originally posted by: skalla

Just a hunch here, but I think this thread goes to show how London is turning into a mess, not how NY rules. Just a hunch though, I may be wrong but I'm most probably right.

originally posted by: ScepticScot
The UK gun laws are very effective at this and as a result the UK has far lower homicides than the US.

You might want to shove a sock into your throat in the next coming years. Wonder what will be the excuse next? "BUT BUT Those aren't even GUN DEATHS!"

UK Homicide rate 1.2

US Homicide rate 4.8

Don't think I need to worry about inserting sock anywhere for a while.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Just goes to show, people will find a way to kill.

Historically, this is what people have always done, and if I had to venture a guess, it's what will continue.

I believe that's the price we pay for our evolved individuality. You cannot force your morality or laws on others and expect everyone to abide.

Simply put, that's an impossibility.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Investigations launched following shootings in north and east London

Separate investigations have been launched after two teenagers were shot in north and east London yesterday evening, Monday, 2 April.

A 17-year-old girl died after she was found with gunshot wounds in Tottenham.

Police were called at approximately 21:35hrs to Chalgrove road, N17 to reports of a shooting.

Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found the teenage girl suffering from a gun shot wound.

Despite the best efforts of the emergency services she was pronounced dead at the scene at 22:43 hours
Her next of kin have been informed.

Formal identification awaits. A post-mortem examination will take place in due course.

In Walthamstow, a 16-year-old boy was found suffering from gun shot injuries and he is currently in a critical condition.

Police were called at approximately 22:00hrs to Markhouse road, E17 to reports of shots fired.

The emergency services attended and two teenage boys - aged 16 (Victim 1) and 15 (Victim 2) were found injured.

Victim 1 - was found suffering from gunshot injuries and Victim 2 - with stab injuries.

They were both taken to an east London hospital.

Victim 1 remains in a critical condition and Victim 2 has life-changing injuries but not life-threatening.

There have been no arrests at this stage in relation to both incidents and they are not being treated as linked.

The Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.

Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

ETA - a 15 year old kid was also stabbed in an unrelated incident in London.
edit on 3-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join