It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are those Gun Laws working out for you, England?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

but the point remains, if a person wants to kill, the weapon isn't the limiting factor

Codswallop!

If the weapon is not the limiting factor why not arm our armed the forces with bass ball bats.

For the love of God.. Please Think!

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
StallionDuck:

Two cities in the world that are known for their tight gun control, yet New York is in the US where our gun controls are much more relaxed.

Clearly, as you seek to score points for your personal ideology, you have not thought things through. London is in England, but it is not representative of England, it is only a small part of the country. London is not England, it has changed into a multicultural cesspool and has lost all connection to the rest of the country. Just as New York does not represent the Whole of America, London does not represent the rest of England. Do not judge the whole country on London's multicultural crime figures, judge England on all its crime figures, and we here in England will judge America on its whole crime figures, because very few other American cities can boast the same claim as New York.

Nor has New York become the safer city based on your gun laws, but actually based on updated police procedures. Your 'relaxed' gun laws have had no part to play in New York's crime reduction.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

If the British Government wanted to Break your Door Down and come in your House For ANY Reason , how you gonna Stop them Mate ? .....Hmm........

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I'm going to go the non-pc route here. Diversity causes crime. Don't confuse what I'm saying, I'm not saying "x race/religion are criminals." I'm saying that a homogeneous area is almost always more peaceful and crime free than a diverse one.

Consider this; the UK is 87% white, 7% asian, 3% black. New york is 44% white, 27% hispanic, 25% black, 12% asian. The UK has had a recent influx of "asians" that are not included in these numbers.
edit on 3-4-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Population:

England: 53m

USA: 326m

Homicide rate:

UK : 1.2

USA: 4.7

The USA has 6X more people than the UK. Looks like the UK would pass the US if you base it on po

The key word is rate. The US is 4x worse than the UK.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Jay-morris
And why have we not had a random nutter in the UK go into a school and start stabbing people?

You mean like the guy who climbed over the wall surrounding a primary school and went after the kids with a machete, just a day or two after Dunblane?

Remind me again how many people died in that attack. I am pretty sure it was a very round number...

edit on 3-4-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

LOLOLOLOLOL.. a real cowboy

You think a gun would stop them?(police/government)..lmfao.
You think you're going to flash your iron and they are going to run away..get real

edit on 3-4-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: StallionDuck

I'm going to go the non-pc route here. Diversity causes crime. Don't confuse what I'm saying, I'm not saying "x race/religion are criminals." I'm saying that a homogeneous area is almost always more peaceful and crime free than a diverse one.

Consider this; the UK is 87% white, 7% asian, 3% black. New york is 44% white, 27% hispanic, 25% black, 12% asian. The UK has had a recent influx of "asians" that are not included in these numbers.

Long term trends in UK show a decrease in crime while diversity has increased.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The overruling trend (which has been down, in most developed countries, for almost 30 years) is unlikely to be overridden by demographics. But take a look at your most crime ridden areas and they will be the more diverse areas. It makes a lot of sense too, if you think about it from a psychological perspective. It's easier to perpetrate crime on people you don't have a lot in common with. One can rationalize a lot of reasons that crime is ok. Those rationalizations are much harder to come by in a homogeneous community.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The overruling trend (which has been down, in most developed countries, for almost 30 years) is unlikely to be overridden by demographics. But take a look at your most crime ridden areas and they will be the more diverse areas. It makes a lot of sense too, if you think about it from a psychological perspective. It's easier to perpetrate crime on people you don't have a lot in common with. One can rationalize a lot of reasons that crime is ok. Those rationalizations are much harder to come by in a homogeneous community.

The areas with high crime overwhelming correlate with poverty levels which often are areas of high diversity. When adjusted for poverty does the same apply?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 3-4-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Probably not in every case but overall I'd say yes. Take NYC with a poverty rate of 21% and compare that to salt lake city with a poverty rate of 21% also. The demographic difference is stark and so is the crime rate. There were numerous studies that proved the same thing but thanks to censorship, they're becoming more difficult to find quickly. When I get to a desktop I'll find them for you.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Id probably say yes mate, 98% white here and we fight like blokes instead of being stabby. Gotta question the cultural reasons as well
...or deny them and stick our heads in the sand.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

At everything just to add.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

If the British Government wanted to Break your Door Down and come in your House For ANY Reason , how you gonna Stop them Mate ? .....Hmm........

You tell me how your weapon collection will stop delta blowing your doors in and killing you all....

I grew up within a stones throw of the 22 reg base, I've never harboured any illusions about the power of the state to do whatever it wants.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Guns are so uncivilised...when the government comes for me I will go out in a blaze of glory sword in hand shouting king of the north! With minions using the coconut shells and my bard singing how it goes.
Gonna be epic.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Probably not in every case but overall I'd say yes. Take NYC with a poverty rate of 21% and compare that to salt lake city with a poverty rate of 21% also. The demographic difference is stark and so is the crime rate. There were numerous studies that proved the same thing but thanks to censorship, they're becoming more difficult to find quickly. When I get to a desktop I'll find them for you.

I think there are quite a few differences between Salt Lake City and New York other than just ethnicity.

The home office study in 2009 into this showed race wasn't a factor when poverty and other demographics were taken into account.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Id probably say yes mate, 98% white here and we fight like blokes instead of being stabby. Gotta question the cultural reasons as well
...or deny them and stick our heads in the sand.

Glasgow had a terrible reputation for knife crime at a period when it was overwhelming White. Anecdote is not evidence.

Areas with high poverty and a younger demographic will have higher violent crime. The affect of ethnicity on this is minimal.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Guns are so uncivilised...when the government comes for me I will go out in a blaze of glory sword in hand shouting king of the north! With minions using the coconut shells and my bard singing how it goes.
Gonna be epic.

Star for the python reference.

Personally I would be shouting 'there can be only one' in an obviously fake Scottish accent. Which as I have an actual Scottish accent is quite a skill.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The case being 20 odd years ago and the attack being stopped by an unarmed woman who was just under 4 feet tall wont help his case either.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join