It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iran: 'Swift Reaction' if Nuke Facilities Are Hit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Iran has continued to up its threats of action if its Nuclear facilities are attacked by Israel or the United States. . Alarm bells went sounding around the world yesterday when early reports suggested that a missile was fired from a plane near the nuclear plant facility, the claims then were found to be result of dam construction.

Also, the news that Syria and Iran are now joining force to protect themselves from "threats".

www.foxnews.com
TEHRAN, Iran — Iran on Thursday warned of a fast, crushing response to any attack on its nuclear facilities and said an explosion heard in the south a day earlier that sparked fears of foreign military activity was the result of construction work.

Defense Minister Ali Shamkhani (search) was quoted by state-run radio Thursday as saying that the explosion was not an attack, but that any hostile action would result in Iranian military action.

"Any time the Iranian nation watches our crushing response to the enemy, they should know that one of our nuclear or non-nuclear facilities has been attacked," he was quoted as saying.

Shamkhani added that "any aggression" against Iranian facilities would "meet a swift reaction."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems that the US and Iran are at a stalemate at the moment. America has a $350 billion military force, but Iran has a potential nuclear arsenal, fears suggest North korea will aid Iran in their quest for nuclear weapons.

This is all too alarming with North Korea continually showing the US that they are to be taken seriously.

We must not forget that Iran is not afraid of the US, with threats being issused not to "play with nuclear fire".

Related News Links:
story.news.yahoo.com
www.cnn.com
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.atsnn.com...
NEWS: Iran Warns U.S. Not to Play with Nuclear 'Fire'
POLITICS: Iran Snubs European Efforts To Resolve Nuke Issue

[edit on 17-2-2005 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
They are rght thier reaction will be very swift. Within seconds they will be dead.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If you was just dealing with Iran only, the fight would prove hard, but North Korea keeps threating to aid Iran and to sell materials to other countries, plus terrorists. Deal with North Korea first.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thats chinas job.
We deal with Iran, and syria, they deal with N korea, in return they get an ol pipeline in what used to be Iran, and the land that used to be N korea, we get cheap oil and no more suicide bombers. Diplomacy at its best.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Good idea, but could be a problem.
Let North Korea be dealt with by China, but China might use it to gain more land i.e help the downfall of Crazy Kim via diplomatic results then make North Korea apart of China. Not a good outcome.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
why not? We trade em N korea for iran and taiwan. Sounds like a fair swap to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
China gets its nieghbouring communist state, US gets to keep peace in the middle east. Ties with China become stronger, a much better outcome

[edit on 17-2-2005 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I don't believe Iran's statements are bluster. I wouldn't doubt that they will quickly retaliate, and possibly indescreminantly. Probably without any certainty if it came from Israel or the US, they would lob missiles into Israel and Iraq.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
See infinite if the US and china acted like GM's and treated the other countries in the world like atheletes, we could solve these problems.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The statements are probably down to trying to gain support from their people about a possible attack from the Americans. Unless, Iran will attack Israel if America strikes them.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

See infinite if the US and china acted like GM's and treated the other countries in the world like atheletes, we could solve these problems.

True, but look at it more detailed.
Countries like Germany, Spain and France (among the leading) would complain that China and the US actions would be illegal. The three counties would call for China to give up North Korea and install a democratic government and the same to the US with Iran + Taiwan

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So what?
What could the EU3 do about it
I mean really if china and the US decided to divide the world in half who could stop it?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Good point,
China is a superpower waiting and America is the superpower. Be one hell of a force. The three European countries would be unable to do nothing.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I tell you what. The more you look at this situation, the worse it becomes. They (Iranians) seem determined that the US or Isreal will make a strike sooner or later. Here is the problem. What would you do if you wanted Iran to attack Israel or Iraq? If I were a terrorist, I would bomb the nuclear facility. Guess what! Do you think that the Iranians would take the time to investigate on who bombed the facility? I think not. Swift retaliation is what I see. This is a very bad situation for us in general, because we wont even have to bomb the facility to be accused. Hopefully this won't happen, but I see it as very probable.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost1
I tell you what. The more you look at this situation, the worse it becomes. They (Iranians) seem determined that the US or Isreal will make a strike sooner or later. Here is the problem. What would you do if you wanted Iran to attack Israel or Iraq? If I were a terrorist, I would bomb the nuclear facility. Guess what! Do you think that the Iranians would take the time to investigate on who bombed the facility? I think not. Swift retaliation is what I see. This is a very bad situation for us in general, because we wont even have to bomb the facility to be accused. Hopefully this won't happen, but I see it as very probable.

Good point, if the facility is attacked, Israel or American would be blamed. The Iranians will not even investage the matter. Maybe Iran might stage an attack to strike Israel

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i doubt if the US will resort to airstrikes though or sending in ground troops. Iran will prove a tougher fight and probably would result in heavy lost of life.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The statements are probably down to trying to gain support from their people about a possible attack from the Americans. Unless, Iran will attack Israel if America strikes them.

if anyone is going to hit iran, itll be isreal. they cn do it any time they want with out notice until it was all over.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Stupid ars eholes, has history taught you nothing? Empires dont work, besides China would sooner side with Iran than USA any day.
Argh I cant believe the stupidity in this thread

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Stupid ars eholes, has history taught you nothing? Empires dont work, besides China would sooner side with Iran than USA any day.
Argh I cant believe the stupidity in this thread

Everyone has some very good points. But it isn't likely that China would side with anyone. It would be to their better interests to stay on the sidelines. We got an idea of how the world will react yesterday after
the original report came out of Iran of a missile attack. Did you see
what happened to the market? All the media outlets were scambling!
If Al Quieda never thought of bombing Irans nuclear power plant before,
I am sure they are talking about it now. It is certain that regardless of who
bombs what, the USA will be blamed for it. So 'Grab hold of your butts'.
Condi called the Syrian Ambassador home, Lebanon is steaming over
Rafik Hariri's death, Iran is threatening to shoot down anything that moves,
North Korea is just plain threatening and the good ole USA is right in the middle of it all. Don't you think China is laughing like hell right now

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
if anyone is going to hit iran, itll be isreal. they cn do it any time they want with out notice until it was all over.

Apparently, Israel already has plans to hit Iran.
US even gave them the go ahead to do so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join