It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This is EXTREMELY dangerous to our democracy"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It's been a long time since I've stopped watching the news. There are multiple reasons for this and I know most people around here also feel the same.
The matter of fact is that television is simply one of the most powerful engine of propaganda ever created.

You don't believe me?
Have a quick look-

Oh and by the way,

THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO OUR DEMOCRACY

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

Whoa!!! If one didn’t already know, he couldn’t keep pretending after watching that.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is not news to me. Rather, it's old news.

But, glad to see it shared. We need to be constantly reminded. S&F for the effort.

:
edit on 2018 3 31 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The local news is just a bunch of propaganda.

I don't have time or inclination to watch 20 minutes of commercials with a couple of scripted 30 second sound bytes. I don't think many people actually watch the evening news anymore.

It could be dangerous if they actually had any influence anymore.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Holy CRAP!! That was a good one!!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is all over the net right now, to include Social Media.

We've all seen it before, but in this day and age, this spread FAST.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The local news is just a bunch of propaganda.

It could be dangerous if they actually had any influence anymore.

That's the infuriating thing: they do. We in Conspiracy Theory Land (believe that we) are not influenced by MSM/local/national news. But MOST of the world is not Conspiracy Theory Land. This is a small community; in Regualr Land, news has MUCH influence.

If they didn't, would we all be so divided and fighting with one another over these asshole politicians who are corrupt criminals on BOTH sides?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Talk about no original thought. Sad.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Wow..No wonder these media people are such lousy interviewers and researchers. Those skills require BRAINS.

S&F!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It's the tale of "The 4am Instructions" agenda !!

😨

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Parrots.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i've always been bothered by the media calling america a "democracy" ever since i was a kid, america is clearly a republic if you just read article 4, section 4 of the constitution.

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

glad the media empires are near their end.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
In. Freaking. Sane.

All while talking about "fake news".

LOL you can't make this stuff up!!
edit on 31-3-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The same mindless drones in charge of the PRINT media attack those who get too close to exposing their evil deeds. The latest is Rosanne Barr.

Check out this coordination: twitter.com...

These people are so scared, that they're working overtime on Easter Weekend to keep "The Storm" from enveloping them. Little do they know that it's TOO LATE!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm so glad Roseanne spoke out. It forced a response. And you know what they say..

Any publicity is good publicity!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I'm a bit skeptical about Roseanne as well. (Not her necessarily, but the show). Ben Shapiro did a good video about the subject. I'm at a point where I don't trust anything Hollywood puts out.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

It's not even a democracy FFS.

This isn't new or news for that matter, people simply don't care, as far as they are concerned if you don't believe the TV you are delusional.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
What too many people fail to realize is that we do not live in a solely democratic nation. We live in a Republic that its ideals and authorities are set fourth in our Constitution that our representatives swear to uphold and defend. We simply elect our representatives by a democratic process to interpret that constitution and govern our nation by the rules set fourth in it. If we were ruled solely by democratic process we would be essentially governed by mob rule.

The false idea of democratic rule has usurped our Republican Constitution.
edit on 31-3-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yeh I look at the wankers and think what a lying bunch of #s, they should all get proper jobs . Or at least jazz it up a bit with some creative bull#. It's always a blond and a guy whos a brunette, slightly flirty like they are in the know. Its a blonde for the guys and a tall dark and handsome one for the ladies. It's booooring!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join