It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updates on The Descending Chinese Space Station

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
From n2yo

TIANGONG 1 is no longer on orbit

Two Line Element Set (TLE):

1 37820U 11053A 18091.67159262 .04847022 93097-5 11856-3 0 9991
2 37820 42.7368 196.1112 0003886 340.8150 19.2351 16.46105415373983

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The coords from aerospace puts reentry point north of the Bikini Atoll

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Heavens above is just using an algorithm to project its location.

It’ll keep tracking it until they stop the program.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Currently seeing numerous sources saying it has crashed. I guess some of these so-called tracking sites are not really tracking it, and it may live forever unless they manually remove it from their "tracking" site...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
On google maps it's a little east of American Samoa

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

That’s how they work though.

A space craft’s trajectory doesn’t change very much, if at all.

How do you think they can tell you when the ISS will be visible in your location over a week ahead?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Sure, but they give the impression that they're tracking it live as if they follow it by radar. I could get the same result by installing a piece of software on my computer, and "track it" without having connection to the internet even...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well i got nothing left to say then.
Oh yeah.. Thank you everyone for contributing.

Please post or start a thread of actual video footage of it burning up over the Pacific. 😙👍

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Hellmutt

Apogee and perigee.
The altitude varies as the orbit is elliptical.

The station is not going reenter for several more hours from what have been seeing.

That's just the projected path. It might well have reentered by now. We just have to wait for confirmation and video footage from witnesses.

I am not concerned with 'projected path'.
I am paying attention to altitude.

No one's (apart from the military and space agencies) been actually tracking it in real time and updating its altitude live. What we've been seeing on these various sites was projected path, being updated "live".

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

The US air force has confirmed the reentry of the Tiangong-1 spacecraft at about 02:16 CEST this morning over the southern Pacific Ocean. The location of the reentry was, by chance, not too far from the so-called South Pacific Ocean Unpopulated Area. The SPOUA has long been used by many space agencies including ESA, to dispose of end-of-life spacecraft through controlled reentries.

The air force wrote:

The JFSCC used the Space Surveillance Network sensors and their orbital analysis system to confirm Tiangong-1’s reentry, and to refine its prediction and ultimately provide more fidelity as the reentry time approached. This information is publicly-available on USSTRATCOM’s website www.Space-Track.org. The JFSCC also confirmed reentry through coordination with counterparts in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, South Korea, and the United Kingdom.

blogs.esa.int...

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

The narrative has caught me by surprise. I took it for granted that various agencies and groups would be able to predict the path of Tiangong-1 with high accuracy. The fact that they've narrowed it down to 'maybe' half the Pacific Ocean (give or take half a day) has been an eye-opener.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Now do you believe that from the 60's
they could track nuclear missiles attacking?
if they can Not track this! can you believe any thing they say.

50 years of technology improvements!
the old tec would be open tec.
so why just a program from NASA
that tells us ware it May be?

I dont think the Could track Any missile 20 years ago or less.
they just said they could to make
You feel they had control of the situation.

can you imagine the panic in the 60's !
if they told you that if CCCP sent missiles
that they could not tell you in time to do any thing?
They would only know in the last 5 minuets or less.
people would be MORE terrified that they wear.

edit on 2-4-2018 by buddha because: Союз Советских Социалистических Республик

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

So now, passive tracking on amateur websites is the same as active tracking by the military using radar and infrared? Who knew.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Point Nemo is defined as the place furthest from land in the world. And as it happens, the Volvo Ocean Race fleet will pass quite close to this isolated spot it this weekend.

Point Nemo is located over 1,600 miles (1,400 nautical miles) from the Pitcairn islands to the north, the Easter Islands to the north-east and Antarctica to the south.

On this Southern Ocean leg, the fleet is actually passing to the south of the theoretical position of Point Nemo, named after Captain Nemo from the Jules Verne story.

sail-world.com, March 24, 2018 - Volvo Ocean Race Leg 7: Point Nemo - Ground control to Major Tom.

SPOUA is also known as "Point Nemo" (it is a little known fact there Norm, but "Nemo" is Latin for "no one"). They usually try and crash space object there.

I haven't seen anything about the racers seeing the re-entry! I think they would be the closest humans if they are still in the area.

It is also another little known fact there Norm, that the astronauts in ISS will be the closest humans to that yacht race!

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

The narrative has caught me by surprise. I took it for granted that various agencies and groups would be able to predict the path of Tiangong-1 with high accuracy. The fact that they've narrowed it down to 'maybe' half the Pacific Ocean (give or take half a day) has been an eye-opener.

Uncontrolled reentried have always been very difficult to pin down. To many variables to predict a certain path.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
'Satellite falls into ocean'. -- This whole thing reminds me of the last scene in "Cloverfield".

Let's hope his arrival is not imminent ...Tahiti is too beautiful an island to be overrun with giant parasites and a Godzilla-sized angry monster.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The people that control the orbital entry and reentry are concerned about liability from fraudulent claims.
There should be some UFO sightings either from South America near Santiago or over Africa where the lowest apogee altitudes were reported. All I could find were old UFO sightings like this.

www.ufosightingsdaily.com...

So the mixed reports we got from China and the European space agency are not surprising.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Yo you think we could put a bet on at the bookies with your estimated location ?
you could clear up lol

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So now, passive tracking on amateur websites is the same as active tracking by the military using radar and infrared? Who knew.

so you are one of the people who belive what they tell you!
sighs.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No, I'm one of the people that has seen some of the tracking systems in operation. Oh wait, let me guess, they just said that was what it was and fooled me, and I just believed them.

Which still doesn't change the fact that you're claiming one system can't work based on something completely unrelated.

edit on 4/2/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/2/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join