It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If an alien was born in America and ran for president would you vote for him?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: makemap

Well, the humans have F***ed it up royally- let's see what ET can do.

Stack us up like batteries on a shelf while being nourished with the life-giving effluent of humanity? Yum!
edit on 31/3/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

If an alien was born in America, they would be a citizen, by law, not an alien.

Depending on office, they might have to be of a certain minimum age.

Kev

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: Mach2
If he/she/it were "born" in America, he/she/it wouldn't be an "alien", now would they?

But what if it had 3 sets of extendable teeth at the end of each tentacle and acid for blood?

Still an American.

"Born in the USA.. I was.. Born in the USA.."

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
We've already seen this episode play out.

Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about it? It's a two-party system. You have to vote for one of us.
Man 1: He's right, this is a two-party system.
Man 2: Well I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.
Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.

edit on 1-4-2018 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I would vote for the person/alien/robot who wanted to lower my taxes, preserve the freedoms we have and for smaller government.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Say, we have either a choice between human president, robot, and an alien president. Who would you vote for?
Probably get a title for the first alien president of America.

Depends on which planet it was born on... oh and its platform...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Aliens just landed, had a baby, and your first thought is whether the alien baby is eligible to run for president in the future.

Just figured I'd type that out.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm not American or live in America, but I'll chirp in.

If the policies were right and they had the right personality, I think people would vote for them. It also depends on what state the country is in at the time and who their opponent would be.
To get an alien to become president, you have to first except them as being a part of our world.
edit on Sun, 01 Apr 2018 03:15:43 -0500031842018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: PheonixReborn

Just like some people, like you. That "think" to much, and can't be "relied upon", to decipher the meaning of "simplicity" and common understanding. Nothing makemap said, was ununderstandable.
Behold! I just created a new word! Ununderstandable.
Get a grip on your yourself educated "knowledge boy/girl". Webster's online Dictionary, just changed the "meaning" of "assault weapon" to a totally different meaning than it was two weeks ago..... That's "English" for you!
Remember when gay meant happy and not "queer"? That's "English" for you. "English" doesn't have a good track record for being "relied upon". Don't dumb yourself down with your own "intellect". You come across ignorant.

"Ununderstandable" is not a new word. Its gibberish. And I think you meant to say "You come across as ignorant."

I'm happy to keep correcting you.
edit on -05:0003America/Chicago2018420xRAmerica/Chicagob by PheonixReborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

Why do you think I posted on this forum? Read who runs for president. Are you implying other humans as aliens?

I'm not implying anything. If anything, I was making sure that you were referring to extraterrestrial beings. "Alien" has referred to "foreigners/outsiders" for far longer than it's referred to "extraterrestrial beings", hence why people who are here illegally are often called "illegal aliens". Some versions of the Bible even refer to outsiders as "aliens".

I'm not sure if you're in the US or not, but there's been a longstanding political issue involving non-Americans ("aliens") possibly illegally voting here. So asking if an "alien" ran for President can have that context, as well. And according to the US Constitution, only natural born citizens can run for President. That means that a being of extraterrestrial origin would not be an "alien" anymore if it were born in the US. It would simply be an American, though it might identify itself as a "Martian American", "Enceladucian American", or whatever.

And sometimes people post things in wrong forums, hence why I asked for clarification to begin my post.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
No.

It would also not be afforded any of our inalienable rights, as it is not of this planet.

Doesn't mean i support killing it...only to point out that its not of this planet, and is not afforded the rights derived from natural law. It may still have civil rights.

For the same reason, it should not be eligible for the office.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
If he/she/it were "born" in America, he/she/it wouldn't be an "alien", now would they?

Of course they would, but they would be an American Alien.

ETA: And yes if they had sensible policies compared to the human candidates. Though it is also the partie's policies you are voting for not just the one person/creature.
edit on 1-4-2018 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Why are we being pedantic here? You all know what OP meant. Do you really need this re-phrased before you can answer it? IF ET were born here, would you vote for him or her? Is that better? After all

1. A lot of people voted for Obama because he was (half) Black, and if you didn't you must be a racist
2. A lot of people voted for Hillary because she was female, and if you didn't you're a misogynist or maybe a homophobe, too.

So my guess is a lot of people would vote for ET because of his or her race, i.e.: NOT Human, because, after all, policies are unimportant. It's all about personalities and orientation. It;s kind f like being a Yellow Dog Democrat.

How many cats have been eligible to run for presidency... Even ones born there.

Is an Alien (capitol A to imply extra terrestrial, as opposed to a lower case a, to imply an illegal alien) human? Does it even state that being human is a prerequisite to being POTUS?

Why not a cat?

Oh an intelligent alien, who came to this planet, became stranded, his parents integrated into the larger society, became otherwise normal 'citizens' and had a child, who aspired to become president?

Seems like a plant to me, a set up. A long con. That little bastard has world domination in his tiny little reptilian skull.

Lock 'em up behind a huge wall, in a tunnel, in a cave, under a volcano, inside a swamp, surrounded by lethal man eating crocodiles. And piranhas. With their DNA mutated so they have hands, with razor sharp claws. And lasers for eyes.

Yep, nope... no alien presidents for me. too much to do iffun there ever was.

edit on 1-4-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Probably because cat isn't intelligent enough to be president and it would just downright prove democracy is a complete failure or US a complete failure to the world.

Anyways I'm surprised no one show me this yet. If aliens are willing to vote for humans to control the republic. I think.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

What planet were his parents from?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

What planet were his parents from?

Omicron Persei 8?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Really?
Are we running out of thread ideas?
edit on 422018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Must be Saturday night.

Where the tequila just flows and flows.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If he / she (it) had a reasonable plans for reforming the tax structure, healthcare and voting laws, it would get my attention.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join