It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defund NPR & PBS NOW – They left's subsidized indoctrination “News” organization

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

you are full of it

do you have a model that would work?

does anyone have a model that would work?

i do it is called fair and balanced

give both sides equal time

you are sounding very dense and contrary for the sake of being different rather than correct

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I used to be an ardent supporter of public radio. I gave money for years. They talked about real news stories where government malfeasance was the issue (Iran/Contra for example). They rarely if ever challenged the Obama administration though and it was during those years it became so partisan. Now it's as if Trump can't do anything right, they're as bad as the MSM.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Then buy an antenna and get the local stations for free in HD over the invisible airwaves.

If they aren't close enough to a city, then they can get their news at the local diner who most likely has a TV.

If they don't live near a diner, can't afford cable, and arent' close enough to get reception via an antenna, something tells me that keeping up-to-date on "Sewing with Nancy" and "Sesame Street" isn't one of their high priorities in life.

Access to television programming is not a guarantee in America.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Sesame Street could fund itself on its own via merchandise and video-sales from here out. Anything that couldn't be funded by themselves could definitely be recouped via private donations.

NOVA is great--I remember being "forced" to watch some of them when I was in the GATE program in elementary school. But again, that is a program that I bet could find private funding or be bought up by any one of the myriad other educational channels that exists.

I don't watch the PBS Science show, but I'd bet that they could do the same thing.

Or here's a different approach--we could publicly fund just a few of these shows that have a history of relevancy and viewership instead of a whole channel, and we can have them air on local channels so that those with a TV antenna could get them. Or just maintain a website that can be accessed at libraries for free. Or any other myriad of things than putting so much money into channels and radio that, if we're being honest, have content and quality rivaled in free YouTube channels.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: howtonhawky

Then buy an antenna and get the local stations for free in HD over the invisible airwaves.

If they aren't close enough to a city, then they can get their news at the local diner who most likely has a TV.

If they don't live near a diner, can't afford cable, and arent' close enough to get reception via an antenna, something tells me that keeping up-to-date on "Sewing with Nancy" and "Sesame Street" isn't one of their high priorities in life.

Access to television programming is not a guarantee in America.

Actually ota fox does not provide a national news show daily as the other stations do.

Kinda crazy that ota all you can get is lefty newsies.

So there is no conservative news voice ota.

You gotts to pay money for such or listen to the radio programs.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The vast majority of PBS is good stuff.

I don't particularly feel the need to defund PBS over perceived or real political slights.

I am ok with trying to make it politically neutral.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I love pbs npr. Liberals rock because real ones actually care about others happiness. Regardless of oafishness or ignorance.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I just see no need for publicly-funded TV anymore. To each their own.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
NPR is pathetic. Their hosts are pathetic. Their questions are "not good questions"
But it is a good place to see where Stupid lives....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join