It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hits Amazon and California in Saturday morning tweet rant!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
From what I can find, Amazon is getting the same bulk deal as any other company gets.

The postal service has lost money for 11 straight years, mostly because of pension and health care costs. In 2017, the service lost $800 million on $69.7 billion operating revenue. Under a 2006 law, it must pre-fund 75 years' worth of retiree health benefits. Neither the government nor private companies are required to do that. (It has defaulted on those payments periodically, with the last one made in 2015).

www.cbsnews.com...

It's good to work for the USPS it would seem.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Trump and his Party love privatization so much they ought to sell Amazon the post office for 100 billion

Bezos probably could afford it.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I can't wait until the next Dem President start talking about how Trump's businesses are ripping people off. I know the hypocrites, and there are many on this board, will simply change their minds about a President getting involved with private businesses.

Oh and it's been about a year and a half now, I'd just like to know how many of Trump's family businesses have come back to the USA? No need to answer. My best guess is ZERO! Instead of being a whiner, the President should start being a leader. Or maybe just stop being a hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Trump is a moron....enough said!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Trump is a moron....enough said!

Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post. The Washington Post doesn't think Trump is pretty, so he's bullying Amazon.
You must learn to think like a three year old, Kurthall, if you are to understand him.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

And as usual he has half his facts wrong and the other half he made up.
But he got you ...hook line and sinker.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Well, he’s not wrong.

Amazon should at least pay cost to deliver packages. Why should the tax payer supplement their deliveries?

Also, Brown is an idiot so no arguments from me.

And if something like that were to happen, the tax payer is still going to supplement that by increased prices

And then people will bitch that its too expensive.

Its important when dealing with Trump not to blindly take what he says as he says it. And actually look at the ramifications.

Trump needs to leave private businesses alone, acting in this manner is not indicative of conservative values that companies can run themselves however they like.

Hell was raised when Obama went after a few businesses about their Birth control policies, now all the sudden its ok because Trump?

stop with the hypocrisy and THINK
edit on 31-3-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

And as usual he has half his facts wrong and the other half he made up.
But he got you ...hook line and sinker.

Which "half" ?

The "List" function is handy you know 🤓

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Seems something is a bit off.

Yep. Something is a bit off alright. Potus. It's sad that daily we must check the veracity of every thing that comes out of his tweet storms in an attempt to find what is true and what he has just made up in in his head.

How is that pertinent to the topic? The topic is Trump calling out Amazon for raping the USPS.

They do it to Royal Mail too along with a load of other companies that use RMG's DSA(Down Stream Access). Of course I think that the postal services are partly to blame for allowing it in the first place but the government had them over a barrel in their view of "fairness". Amazon quickly caught on to this and managed squeeze the postal services down to lowest penny.

They should be ashamed of themselves and called out for their blatant exploitation of the postal services.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I don't think Amazon would be paying for the shipping. It would just move along to the consumer. I don't agree with Trump on Amazon. It would just cost the consumer more.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

And if something like that were to happen, the tax payer is still going to supplement that by increased prices 

Increased prices? You wanna buy stuff? Pay the shipping your f#cking self! Why should everyone else have to subsidise it for you?

Alternatively, go out to a store and pick it up yourself.
edit on 1-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Since 2012, Donald Trump has been complaining about Amazon's tax-exempt status. I'm sure he has an entire bag of good things he'd like to invoke to benefit every aspect of this nation, but...Trump's learning that government works much slower than the business environment that he's accustomed to. Amazon will be dealt with, eventually.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

How is that pertinent to the topic? The topic is Trump calling out Amazon for raping the USPS.

It is pertinent to the topic because if one studies the title of the OP "Trump hits Amazon and California in Saturday morning tweet rant!'' and the content of the OP itself, one might find that the ''topic was more than just Amazon and USPS. So basically there were three parts to the OP, one Amazon/USPS, two California and three, Trumps Tweets about those two issues he was going on about.
While I chose to focus my attention on the Trump Tweets part of the topic you chose to focus on the Amazon aspect.

So yes, I can also see the problem on the Amazon megaopoly and their use of USPS. Yet as I see it the issue here, Amazon, is not the problem but only a prime example OF the problem and that problem is much bigger than just Amazon using USPS for cheap delivery.

That problem is that Amazon is a profit driven company and in that drive seeks to find the least expensive avenue to conduct their business. In the case of Amazon, it was one of the first to take advantage of the digital age of shopping and has now come to dominate that market. For right now, at least, they are big time winners in the capitalism game.

Choosing to take advantage of the restrictions on USPS put in place by congress on keeping it inexpensive so as to ensure the continued delivery of mail to all the people, rich and poor alike, was a bottom line decision that catapulted to prominence by utilizing an already existing delivery system. They did not need to operate a whole fleet of trucks and other and stuff, but rather just paid for the least expensive service they could use.

Did that give them ''unfair'' advantages? Not if we support the capitalist system. First to utilize a new technology and push it as the new wave in the minds of consumers. In a way it is no different than the old Railroad Barons and the Steel tycoons from their period or for that matter ABC CBS and NBC when those three companies took over the new technology of television.

Condemning Amazon alone is not addressing the whole issue, rather it is open corporate warfare, seeking to strike down a powerful foe. And not a powerful foe to the consumer at this point but a foe of other companies that would do the very same things as Amazon has. Who knows whether or not Trump has irons in the fire of his own on this economic vehicle or at least is striking blows to allow his friends to squeeze into the gaps that turning Amazon to rubble would allow.

Until we can address the inherent flaws within the economic philosophy of capitalism itself it will do us no good to just punch wildly at the monsters it creates.

All that and we never mentioned California.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
And he was doing so well keeping his mouth shut.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That's a much better post. Kudos.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I can't be bothered. As if you'd care anyway. Don't make me laugh.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It's very pertinent to the conversation because he's wrong as he is so often. He just says what he wants to be true and hopes people are stupid enough not to check him. Seems many are. So yeah it's pertinent. Case in point...You think Amazon is raping the post office. Truth is they are saving it. Package delivery is one segment that is growing.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Walmart has already slaughtered the mom and pop.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
From what I can find, Amazon is getting the same bulk deal as any other company gets.

The postal service has lost money for 11 straight years, mostly because of pension and health care costs. In 2017, the service lost $800 million on $69.7 billion operating revenue. Under a 2006 law, it must pre-fund 75 years' worth of retiree health benefits. Neither the government nor private companies are required to do that. (It has defaulted on those payments periodically, with the last one made in 2015).

www.cbsnews.com...

It's good to work for the USPS it would seem.

The GOP, in an effort to kill the USPS (because they really want private businesses to do things that the government should do), passed legislation imposing absurd requirements on the USPS.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It's very pertinent to the conversation because he's wrong as he is so often. He just says what he wants to be true and hopes people are stupid enough not to check him. Seems many are. So yeah it's pertinent. Case in point...You think Amazon is raping the post office. Truth is they are saving it. Package delivery is one segment that is growing.

No they're not. That's exactly the kind of propaganda Moya Green spouts.

Moya Marguerite Greene is a Canadian businesswoman and the chief executive of the UK's Royal Mail postal service. Prior to her role with Royal Mail she served as CEO of Canada Post. Wikipedia

Spouse: Roger Springall (m. 2014)

Salary: £1,522,000 (total compensation, 2015)

How can doing a service to an external entity at a loss to the business be "saving it"?
edit on 3-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Error

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join