It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if it is possible then how can it be unnatural?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's wrong for me and from where I sit. If you
can go thru life believing in nothing, diecarding
morallity with biological tunnel vision. Easily
convinced by a ridiculous atheist view.
Unconcerned with procreation. Spouting
crap about existence as if you have any idea,
when everyone knows you don't including your
friends. Never knowing the sacred things in life.
All so you you can have fuzzy feelings
about being attracted to the same sex you are?

There's something wrong with someone
who has to ask if its wrong.

edit on Rpm33118v25201800000017 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

it just fun to think about
its fun to talk about

sometimes its not about who is right and who is wrong. its just fun to get into it. get different perspectives

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

When someone points to something and says ‘unnatural’, that’s a social mechanism going on not science.

Based on this thread and your earlier thread about religion, it seems to me that you’re unable to look at things from a broad social mechanism POV. Trying to be strictly scientific? Materialistic?

But if you were to examine yourself closely, you would probably find that your viewpoint and behaviors are influenced by their fair share of social mechanisms. Other people might point to yours and scratch their heads, the way you are doing.

edit on 077Saturday000000America/ChicagoMar000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Interesting topic.

Quite a few of my friends have been gay men. I believe in god. Yet I do not feel that gay people are comittting a sin unless they involve a child. Perhaps not all of the writings in the Bible were accurate.

Man has been trying to rewrite it forever.

I know some gay men that have children.

I truly believe they are born that way. My closest friend is gay, and he is the sweetest, kindest person I have ever known, and his honesty is hilarious. The world is a better place with him in it 💙

edit on 31-3-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Okay. fair enough. And you know what?
Sometimes I push towards sounding
like a bigot just to see who holds
thier mud. So well played indeed.
edit on Rpm33118v12201800000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

As many have pointed here not everything that is natural or possible is necessarily good. You talk from a biological point of view but you cannot exclude the social point of view.
As social animals we repress some biological and individual urges for the sake of surviving as a group. Is as simple as that.
Slavery was natural as long as it was socially accepted; so was bigamy, marrying children and many other social injustices we find unacceptable today. Some remote tribes still eat their dead; is natural, is not hurting anybody but we all agree to not do that.
We need those belief systems or morality codes in order to hold together as a society.

But society is a dynamic thing and rules are changing all the time according to the needs of their members. I see this whole homosexuality debate as a simple social issue. Not medical, biological, spiritual or whatever.
The point is it doesn't matter if homosexuality is natural or not. What matter is if it's accepted in a society following the norm of heterosexuality or not, within the already agreed upon belief systems.
The way I see it would be very soon part of normality. There will always be people resisting it from this or that reason, and different currents within a given social system but as long as the majority is ready to accept it it will become "natural". I think that we as society do become more tolerant and considerate with the needs of minorities.

edit on 1-4-2018 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

It's wrong for me and from where I sit.

Don’t worry Randy, I’m pretty sure the OP didn’t authorize the thread in the hopes that of all ATS’ membership, thst you would appear in the thread so that they could attempt to seduce you.

If you can go thru life believing in nothing, diecarding
morallity with biological tunnel vision. Easily
convinced by a ridiculous atheist view.

And right here is where the wheels fell off of the cart. Morality isn’t the sole domain of some Christians. It’s not even the sole domain of all who claim Christianity as their faith. Implying that anyone who doesn’t share your particular faith is devoid of morals is more fraught with tunnel vision than anything questioned by the OP.

For a quick recap... faith/religion is not the source of morality. People can be kind, loving and compassionate in ways that would make Jesus give them a high five for actually reading the words attributed to him and skipping past the petty, misogynistic and mostly UnChristlike letters and writing by Paul.

Unconcerned with procreation.

You are aware that reproduction and the physical acts associated with it are not mutually exclusive right? There are plenty of people on all points on the Kinsey Scale who manage
To successfully procreate. Some of them are even straight.

Spouting crap about existence as if you have any idea,
when everyone knows you don't including your
friends.

I must say, I’m a little disappointed to see you resort to such a petty ad hominem and personal attack on the OP. Whatever happened to keeping eyes on the ball and not focusing on the person carrying it? Wouldn’t it have been easier to ground an argument in facts (even opinions have a place in this discussion) instead of resorting to such petty tactics?

Never knowing the sacred things in life.

That which is considered sacred has far more to do with circumstances, cultural background, geography etc... and not particularly grounded in ones faith. Though in a fit if irony, the faith one has is also a byproduct of ones circumstances, culture and geography. Personally, the things I hold sacred are drastically different from what I found to be sacred to me prior to having kids which in turn is vastly different than what I found sacred when I was in the Army which again is vastly different from what I found sacred as a full fledged Catholic who was an altar boy for years, could say the entire mass from memory and nesrky made my Irish Catholic grandmother the happiest woman ever when I was preparing for Seminary because I was really close to throwing my life away and becoming a priest. The readers digest version of the above statements is... what you find sacred isnt necessarily the same thing that someone else will find sacred.

This surpasses all boundaries and people who grew up in the same home with the same values imparted onto them will grow up to have different values and consequently, find different things, thoughts concepts etc... sacred to them. It’s ego and arrogance that lead many of us to point our fingers at others as if we have all of the answers andcerytging
IS FIGURed out so do as Isay, not as I do

All so you you can have fuzzy feelings
about being attracted to the same sex you are?

If that’s what you took away from the OP, perhaps a chat with your pastor or a mental health practitioner if you’re this caught up in the private moments consenting adults share with one another, the Vatican may just have a job you’re perfectly suited for!

There's something wrong with someone
who has to ask if its wrong.

It’s those who are afraid of asking or being asked difficult questions that have something wrong with them. Not the person who wants to better understand the world around them and how culture shapes ones world view. Context is everything. I think eating dogs, kittens and horses is wrong. It doesn’t stop East Asians from eating our favorite little furry pals or the French from turning horsemeat into some choice, primecuts of meat. I personally find the practice of some cultures who marry off prepubescent daughters for a small dowry yet it is perfectly normal for many of them. Many so called self proclaimed christians are totally fine with the death penalty while calling proponents in favor of access to abortions by woman baby murderers. Or the American Christians who stick up for the atrocious crimes against humanity perpetrated by the Israeli IDF because hey! ... it’s the friggen Holy Land so even if they are just a bunch of Jews, they might just wake up and smell the bacon when good ole Hey Zeuss comes back for y’all.

With all of that said, I hope you know me well enough by now to know that I’m not just trying to take the piss out of you and I hope that you, your family and loved ones, all enjoy a lovely celebration of the reawakening of our zombie overlord, bastard son of Yahweh and illegitimate first child of a barely old enough for a learners permit Holy Mary. Now I’m goi got get a head start on this big ole ham I’m whipping up later this afternoon. Humor aside, I genuinely hope you have a lovely Easter snd get to enjoy it in the company of those you love.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

i get what youre saying and i agree.
social interactions play a big part in our daily lives

im trying to look at it a different way though.
from the perspective of maybe certain people behave the way they do because in the big picture of our evolution over the past couple years these social constructs and norms are a very new development.

in some cases we have a social norm that says do this or that or behave this way and at the same time we have our genetic programming and 2 million years of evolution and behavior that may not jive with that social norm.
everything we do is brand new in the big picture.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

im trying to look at it a different way though.

Yes I can see that, and I respect that. But the way you’re trying to look at it is still wrapped up in social mechanisms.

The only way to glimpse a way without social mechanisms is self-transcendence. Deep down, underneath the surface, that’s what all religion is about. The experience of transcending not only yourself but the conditioning, mechanisms, politics, and contexts that wrap around us all our lives. It changes you.

Hard to tell that by looking around at the religions of our time and place, though. People have forgotten what religion really is. So few talk about religion that way. But I do.

edit on 578Sunday000000America/ChicagoApr000000SundayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Biologically speaking the means of sexual reproduction is an expensive system for a species to maintain. Entire body systems must be devoted to it.

If heterosexuality was simply a meaningless construct that was socially imposed like we're being told that gender is these days, then there would be no real need for those specialized and sex-specific body systems ... sex in general really, and we would see those systems actually atrophy and fade via evolution because the species would no longer reproduce sexually.

That actually isn't the case as falling birth rates attest. We may be embracing this idea that heterosexuality and gender are passe but our birth rates in those countries say otherwise.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Biologically speaking the means of sexual reproduction is an expensive system for a species to maintain. Entire body systems must be devoted to it.

so are our huge cognitive brains.

these are not exact figures but its something like our brains account for 12% of our weight but take 25% of our resting energy to function.

and to the middle section we dont know this for sure.
maybe youre right.

an several million years we may not have those specific systems.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
when a man rapes a 6month old baby, it is possible but is sure as hell not natural.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Did OP not ask is it wrong? If he didn't want
an answer he didn"t like he wouldn't have
put the question out there.

Beastiality is possible etc etc etc.

The question is perverted where in it
allows for perversions. Are perversions
wrong PV?

I agree morals in no way come from faith or
religion. They come from God. Or did they
just evolve right along beside us PV?
The same with laws and God given rights the
founding fathers pointed to quite often.
edit on Rpm40218v29201800000025 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

We may not.

There is research out there that shows we're getting collectively dumber.

However, if you think about it, that makes sense. IQ is known to be somewhat heritable. Most families tend to fall within 10 points of each other on tests. So from the standpoint of natural selection, there are two things that would help humans survive -- intellect and high physical prowess.

In modern society, those things are no longer survival traits, so they are getting diluted in the gene pool. We get dumber. We tend to be less amazing as athletes.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
when a man rapes a 6month old baby, it is possible but is sure as hell not natural.

So that would be supernatural?
edit on 4 4 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join