It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White South African gets 2 years for "K" word

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Give it a decade. The past will be forgotten (people might still blame the Dutch or English).

The starving of South Africa will be attributed to overdependence on subsistence farming combined with multi-year drought. The United States will send $50 million a year to feed the same people the dead farmers used to feed.

South Africa's ruling Monarch will pocket a few billion and send it overseas then retire when things get out of his control (he'll leave just before the next military coup).

American and European non-profits and governmental organizations will dump billions to try to prop up a failed economy over the next decade. Never admitting defeat, just blaming continued "post-colonial resentment" and infrastructure failures.

South Africa voted for this. Voting has consequences.

*Look at Zimbabwe and tell me I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Redistribution. Sounds about right: absolutely stupidity. Then again, spineless thieves will be spineless thieves!

Oh so those who removed ppl off their lands right down to the 70ts weren't spineless thieves??.. much of you guys think this is just some ancient sht..let bygones be bygone,and not address anything, this was still happening when quite a few here was breathing ,all the govt had to do back then was declared your home a black spot and puff you're gone.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Be honest with yourself, and you don't have to tell anyone here.

Do you really think any of this that is happening will make life better for the common man in South Africa in any lasting manner?

Sadly, I don't. Not for enough people to make this a wise policy. This same kind of thing has happened too often in too many other places with disaster following up. Maybe they'll win the lottery over there, but I just don't see that happening, not anymore than I see myself winning the Powerball.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Control is control. History is chock full of examples of those who are able to hold the power holding it, often with what we view through modern lenses as "atrocities" having happened to defend that control. The power shifts we've witnessed around the world over the past century have not been natural power shifts, instead relying on artificial roadblocks, restraints, and outside pressures to not only take place but to also remain after the change first happens. That's a recipe for a system which will never balance and will always be a powder keg just waiting for a fuse.

Apartheid was what it was and while it certainly wasn't favorable when weighed against freedom and institutional level equality, I'm not so sure sitting here and watching what South Africa has become that it wasn't head and shoulders over whatever this crap is that has replaced it. The change away from Apartheid should have been graduated in over generations as you suggest. If some couldn't have accepted that, then oh well... not everyone gets their way, ya?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I've never even heard the word until now.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I've said it here and on similar threads, the govt is being unimaginative and scapegoating some of it's citizens , that they are corrupt to boot and harm will come to the nation overall.. However I also believe the land issue needs addressing.. How??.. I don't know but it need to happen.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Well you can't do it by simply taking it and handing it over in this simple redistributive policy and expecting to get anywhere good with it.

I'll be bluntly honest.

You could confiscate and liquify all the wealth in the US and gives every living citizen an equal portion, and you'd create a similar disaster.

My sister and brother-in-law would start out much better off than my husband and I because they'd have their own and the portions of three minors to oversee, but they'd quickly be back into disaster mode all over again because they don't know what to do with extra cash.

You are creating the similar thing here -- most people who will get land won't have the knowledge or skills needed to make that land productive beyond bare subsistence, and I'll bet no one in SA is thinking about how to create farmer education to teach them how to do it.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well if they start off with land grabs to whom ever especially to their cronies it might well be, but a well thought out plan who knows.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that the ruling class now in SA will greatly benefit while the masses will continue to be left out. I bet
Julius Malema will live the life royal while his followers get the shaft. Sorry the track record over there isn't one to give you hope.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Not too many people read this line in my last post:

3 million Blacks were removed from their homes and relocated by force during the 1970's

Oh, and they were dumped in the lovely 'townships' of shoddy housing created for them.

Sad fact is there are too many causes of past resentments to ever move forward together.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Well if they start off with land grabs to whom ever especially to their cronies it might well be, but a well thought out plan who knows.

When you have the rhetoric coming out of the SA parliament about not talking about killing white farmers yet, do you really think they've gotten so far as to create a plan for what comes after displacing all those people?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It will be funny when all the white devils leave. Who will they start killing then?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I've said it here and on similar threads, the govt is being unimaginative and scapegoating some of it's citizens , that they are corrupt to boot and harm will come to the nation overall.. However I also believe the land issue needs addressing.. How??.. I don't know but it need to happen.

I agree, the land distribution issue is still mostly unchanged from 1994, at least for 99.995 of the people it is. I will dare to offer an opinion on taking land not in use but privately owned. State pays nothing for it initially.

Unused land
1) Take all of land currently unused and without plans of use.
2) Start a lottery system where people state what desire they have for the land: money, farming, business and other. This way you can plan better who gets the land and what they will use it for.
3) Take the land deeds for the state, use them as collateral for a loan that will be split between the owner and the new tenant for development. Make rules requiring ___% of that money goes towards their stated use.
4) Use most of the taxes from commercial use of new land towards repaying the loan.
5) Identify areas suited towards unit housing where people wanting a home pool their property towards common development that is planned for water, sewage, street layout, green areas, garden areas, etc. Supply materials and let the people build their own places.
6) Recruit a small army of building and planning pros from the West who do it for charity. Let them be there to support the people in developing their plans. New tenants will supply all the labor

Land currently in use is a much more tangled issue that will ruin somebody and create larger problems down the road.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

This # is just sad, humans and revenge , what a complete and utter waste of human life!

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
White South Africans need to send this letter

Dear NRA,

Help

Please send guns, so we can defend ourself against our governement

Sign
Future genocide victims

That's actually a very very good idea.

When they've been crushed, maybe some of you revisionist fantasists might think again about this whole "we need our guns to stand up to tyranny" nonsense.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

It's astounding that anyone, in 2018, can write a substantial post about the developing world without mentioning China.

Either you're in the dark or in denial. Boy, are you in for a shock over the next few years.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It is blatantly obvious the ruling part has only one agenda and that is to remain in power, think about it realistically.

It has very little to do with race really. They just keep the argument alive because it draws so much emotion from people. I mean, when the Guptas wanted to divert attention away from them they hired a PR company. Their solution was to feed racially charged news stories to local media:

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Amongst the many scandals, invovling even the United States, the PR firm Bell Pottinger, what brought about their demise were their activities in South Africa:

Bell Pottinger was accused of facilitating state capture by the Gupta family, in working to burnish the reputation of a family owned investment company, Oakbay Investments, with connections to President Zuma. The accusations developed into a major South African political controversy, and led to further accusations of exploiting racial tensions in South Africa for commercial gain, the expulsion of the firm from its professional body, a mass exodus of clients, and, in September 2017, its closure

They're bankrupt now but locally the strategy hasn't changed much. The African National Congress will stoop to any level to remain in power, probably even advocating genocide of a white minority.

I'm always reminded of the following quote from George Orwell's 1984 when reading articles about the current situation:

Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.

edit on 4/4/2018 by TheJustLlam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join