It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy at its root is a leftist ideology

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I don't believe anyone was saying the left created democracy, more that democracy is a leftist ideal. I personally have never heard of supporting non citizens voting rights, if thats a thing, this leftist doesn't support it.The reason todays left (keep in mind, people have varying views all across the political spectrum, so this is a massive generalization) supports the RIGHTS of mexicans, muslims etc... is because we fundamentally believe in equality. Humans rights is the belief that everybody should be treated equally and with dignity no matter what their circumstances. Even if I don't agree with their way of life, I won't do anything to restrict it unless it restricts mine, and visa versa. The desire to help those who are in need is a christian value and it should matter not if they are a stranger or what their race or religious beliefs are.

I do not agree with some muslims way of life (careful of assuming 1 billion people all have the same views and lifestyles) and think they should see the error of their ways, but as long as they aren't hurting anyone or restricting others rights, its all good.

Its funny how the US demonizes some muslims and we go kill them, all the while staying friends and allies with saudi arabia who has innumerable human rights abuses. But thats what happens when the lying hypocrisy of the power brokers really just want resources and don't give a damn about human rights. Israel trashes on palestinians but you won't hear about that on the news either.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: CB328

Of course it is, which is why al the right wingers on this forum are always claiming that our country isn't a democracy, and why they like fascism and dictatorship so much.

Because it isn't.

Article 4 Section 4.

The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government,

www.law.cornell.edu...

The different between democracy and republic is.

A GD piece of paper that flips the middle finger to mob rule aka 'democracy'.

No matter what the majority thinks.

The republic guaranteed INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.

It's a democratic republic. Being a Republic isn't anything to do with the guarantee of INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.

There is no such thing as a democratic republic they are two diffrent things. The US is a constitutional republic or a constitutional federal representative democracy. In democracies everyone decides everything the founding father's quickly realized that's impossible. Same reason communism doesn't work as Lenin saw it. He wanted everyone to have a say in government but every government needs to be able to make decisions and with everyone voting nothing will get done.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: CB328

Of course it is, which is why al the right wingers on this forum are always claiming that our country isn't a democracy, and why they like fascism and dictatorship so much.

Because it isn't.

Article 4 Section 4.

The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government,

www.law.cornell.edu...

The different between democracy and republic is.

A GD piece of paper that flips the middle finger to mob rule aka 'democracy'.

No matter what the majority thinks.

The republic guaranteed INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.

It's a democratic republic. Being a Republic isn't anything to do with the guarantee of INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.

There is no such thing as a democratic republic they are two diffrent things. The US is a constitutional republic or a constitutional federal representative democracy. In democracies everyone decides everything the founding father's quickly realized that's impossible. Same reason communism doesn't work as Lenin saw it. He wanted everyone to have a say in government but every government needs to be able to make decisions and with everyone voting nothing will get done.

There is indeed such a thing and the US is one. Stop being hung up with the original meaning of democracy and realise what it means in modern English.
edit on 1-4-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I don't believe anyone was saying the left created democracy, more that democracy is a leftist ideal. I personally have never heard of supporting non citizens voting rights, if thats a thing, this leftist doesn't support it.The reason todays left (keep in mind, people have varying views all across the political spectrum, so this is a massive generalization) supports the RIGHTS of mexicans, muslims etc... is because we fundamentally believe in equality. Humans rights is the belief that everybody should be treated equally and with dignity no matter what their circumstances. Even if I don't agree with their way of life, I won't do anything to restrict it unless it restricts mine, and visa versa. The desire to help those who are in need is a christian value and it should matter not if they are a stranger or what their race or religious beliefs are.

I do not agree with some muslims way of life (careful of assuming 1 billion people all have the same views and lifestyles) and think they should see the error of their ways, but as long as they aren't hurting anyone or restricting others rights, its all good.

Its funny how the US demonizes some muslims and we go kill them, all the while staying friends and allies with saudi arabia who has innumerable human rights abuses. But thats what happens when the lying hypocrisy of the power brokers really just want resources and don't give a damn about human rights. Israel trashes on palestinians but you won't hear about that on the news either.

If you didn't know this your a libertarian from what you describe anyway

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
At it's root, Democracy is institutionalized social bullying, as there always has to be a minority and they will ALWAYS lose for at least a decade. A decade is long enough to ruin your life.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join