It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Liberal Humanistic Eco-Glocalist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
My view: "Earth should only be viewed from Standing on the Moon" -- where it is seen as a whole.

That, and watch Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot" -- often.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

a lovely view of heaven

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I am anti-labelist

Honestly, folks lumping themselves into categories does not mean anything to me.

Instead, what you do given specific circumstances is how I will perceive you.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
a reply to: Annee

a lovely view of heaven

I'm atheist.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You do realize don't you that tribalism is the only way forward?

I do not realize that.

Tribalism in a positive way. LIke a lkeminded group of individuals whos only goal is to look after each other and help each other and offer sense of community to each other. that would be good.

To the exclusion of others. That’s what I worry about.

Good point, yet in todays society, most of us don't have a tribe, and extended family or a large group of friends that hang out and help each other without expecting anything in return. It's this return to tribe that we need.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I’m back and with you, old friend

edit on 896Monday000000America/ChicagoApr000000MondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Nice! I hope you hang around a bit more often again. The tone got a bit rougher it seems, but lately there was also more philosophy and further out stuff.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think there is a lot to love in such views. Even further, I think there is a lot that both/any political side can get behind depending on execution.

That's the trick though, the execution of these ideals can vary wildly. Yet, some will simply say they are "globalist," without specifying what that really means.

That can be used for heavy manipulation and detrimental framing of narratives. Some folks will deny all of it because of the label, and others will accept all of it for the same reason. Then the conversation just revolves around one sides worst case scenario and the others best case scenario. I suppose that isn't specific to this topic either.

A lot of the.. err.. "mainstream" outlooks on these things I really can't get behind, but I'm all for the ideal at the core.

I think technology enables us to really achieve some amazing things. Even if we aren't quite there yet, I wouldn't mind some foresight and planning tempered with realistic expectations. That balance can be achieved by political/social polarities working together for the benefit of all. And, maybe that right there is the biggest obstacle.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
why all the mules/donkeys on this thread? What am I missing?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I have no idea what you're getting at.

And you still could be a more radical anarchosyndicalist, I see a strong potential in your posts. Welcome to my growing list of friends, peep! About time anyway.
Quick question: what are your thoughts on an UBI?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Mostly what's a UBI?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Just be glad you have free speech, less youd be crucified for saying such blasphemous things ..lol, just joking.

But seriously though...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Unconditional Basic Income.

A basic income really could end poverty forever

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join