It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Push.... very interesting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
www.imdb.com...

Four people are being put through a huge choreographed scenery created to persuade them to do things they normally would not do. The finale minutes reveal who would be ready to push a human being over the edge of a building due to social pressure.

it was super cool. i was very surprised how easy people just go along with #.

so he has like 70 actors and special effects dudes all in cahoots to try and get people to do something terrible.

first people are given tiny little instructions that are no big deal but it gets them used to complying.

all in an hours time.
they get people to do a lot of #

1 thing a couple people do is kick a body they think is dead to make bruises.

in an hour from nothing to crazy #

i say people are stupid but its all in our wiring i guess. the herd mentality. following others.

i recommend it

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sounds like a documentary on how liberals are made. I may check it out...it does sound interesting. Thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That's funny, it's usually conservatives that kick people when they are down.

And now that we evened that up, you might want to check out the Milgram Experiments. Same principle different punishment.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Part of me feels like people who are stupid enough to just do whatever other people tell them to do deserve whatever happens. A few years ago there was this guy who would make "prank" calls to various people and businesses and talk them into doing all sorts of ridiculous things... Drinking urine, smashing out their hotel windows, driving a truck straight through the doors... He even once convinced employees of a restaurant to strip and urinate on each other. A movie was actually made about a similar true situation in which a man called a fast food place and convinced the manager to strip search a female employee and eventually spank her while nude.
Weak-minded morons.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Part of me feels like people who are stupid enough to just do whatever other people tell them to do deserve whatever happens.

Weak-minded morons.

that is my instinctual reaction too. when you really think about biology and evo devo then it gives you a different perspective.
genetic programming means a lot.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Jesus H. Freaking Christ, how did a movie review thread turn into a political pissing contest?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Jesus H. Freaking Christ, how did a movie review thread turn into a political pissing contest?

that was a nice little piece of sugar huh?

lets just carry that # everywhere

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

it was super cool. i was very surprised how easy people just go along with #.

Thats just because you werent reading IIB.

Is there a 'Nazi' lurking inside of YOU?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Part of me feels like people who are stupid enough to just do whatever other people tell them to do deserve whatever happens.

That effect goes double or triple when people are in groups.

But all it takes is an authority figure telling them to do something and they'll electrocute a heart patient to death. Ordinary people.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

OH MY GOD.

This film was super deeply therapeutic for me in the sense that people often believe they are invincible and judge others ignorantly for things. Like people will say things like, "Why didn't you do ____ or ____? I would have done differently. I wouldn't have let that happen to me!" But, I sense the truth is that most people would go through with it, like Derren Brown's The Push demonstrates. And this was targeting full grown adults- imagine how much easier it would be to influence children.

Some people suggest that what Derren Brown did here is unethical, however I disagree. Every one of those adults signed up to be on his show, knowing what kind of stuff he does. And they were safe throughout the entire process, and so was everybody else.

I think it was an awakening experience for those candidates and it could be awakening for people who watch it.

I love Derren Brown, lol.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

i really dont care if it was ethical or not.

i am far more interested in how people behave.

fact is you never really know how you will react in a given situation until you are put in that situation.

i am positive that every one of us on this board right now would say we would never do that #. we would never follow along. some of us would that.

like when there is a shooting or a break in or whatever.
"i would have done this or that. would have reacted this way or that"

it is possible for sure. you could also freeze up.

like the guard or cop or whatever that didnt go in to the school during the shooting. people were slaying him.

i am sure we all like to think that if it were us, no matter if we signed on for the job or not we would have marched in there and attempted to save those kids and some of us absolutely would.

some of us would freeze just like he did

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Reminds me of the Milgram Experiment, where people were led to torture another human being, to disobey their own conscience, simply because authorities told them to.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Well, while I agree with the gist of what you're saying and no disrespect to you at all...

I care if it's ethical or not.
And other people do, too.

I'm the type of person who will examine things from every angle possible and actually listen to and consider other people's thoughts and perspectives on matters. For example, I like reading the negative and positive reviews on things and keep an open mind about it all.

And I wouldn't want anybody to be really traumatized or hurt in the process of spreading awareness or sharing information and knowledge. But surely it can hurt in a variety of ways. Like in Derren Brown's case I think his films can hurt our perception of ourselves (it may even bruise our ego, challenge what we think we know, etc) which is part of the awakening that I mentioned, but that's a good thing imo.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

Well, while I agree with the gist of what you're saying and no disrespect to you at all...

I care if it's ethical or not.
And other people do, too.

great
for this particular thing i am just not interested in thinking about the ethics of it. i am far more interested in the behavior of the people in the experiment

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Reminds me of the Milgram Experiment, where people were led to torture another human being, to disobey their own conscience, simply because authorities told them to.

human behavior is a crazy thing
the # people will do just to follow the group or because someone in a position of authority told them to or simply not to offend.
people will put up with a lot of # just not to offend people. not everyone of course

im sure we have all known people that will listen to a telemarketers bull# just because they dont want to offend. or they get some electric company soliciting their # at their front door and they just stand there and listen.

thats how all the door to door salesman survived. people didnt want to offend.

letting people into their homes to demo a kirby. then listening to their pitch. then signing on the line even though they dont really want too.
pressure. not wanting to offend.
its a crazy thing

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

much more terrifying is this one www.imdb.com...

derren manipulates an average citizen to commit a murder in front of a crowd, the man doesnt even realize what he has done until after it is already done. (its just a paintball gun that looks identical to a real one.)

the episode really presents the exact scenario so many shooters have alleged to be the victims of. when we hear people like the aurora shooter saying in court they dont remember committing the shootings, they werent in control of their bodies. this episode demonstrates exactly how that comes to be, how it is in fact real and not just conspiracy theory.

edit on 31-3-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why u got to bring religion into this, brah?

However the movie doesnt sound to appealing , unless it was actually science based control experiments.
edit on 00430America/ChicagoTue, 03 Apr 2018 23:00:09 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join