It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Negroponte the new Intelligence czar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Breaking News:
President Bush has just chosen John Negroponte, the Ambassador to Iraqi as the first head of the new intelligence agency. Negroponte will hold a position to govern all 15 intelligence agencies in the US.

www.msnbc.msn.com
WASHINGTON - President Bush has chosen Iraq Ambassador John Negroponte to be the nation's first new national intelligence director, NBC News has confirmed.
“This is a position of critical importance and the president wanted to make sure he gets it right,” Bush’s spokesman said. “This individual will have the full authority to do the job that needs to be done and will have the full confidence of the president of the United States.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am not familiar with John Negroponte, but from reading the article, it looks like he may have the background it will take to perform this new position. He is a career diplomat so he will know how best to work with other nations.
The biggest problem that I see with this Intelligence Czar position is will they actually be given the information from all the various agencies to actually make a difference. History has shown that the FBI will withhold information from the CIA and visa versa.
Hopefully, Negroponte will be able to see the signs ahead of time before a new 9/11 attack happens again.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 17-2-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 18-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Relax citizen, it's just a mandatory patriotic data collection compiler office. Nothing to see here!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Why the secrecy before the selection? And why Negroponte? Former US Ambassador to the UN during the build up to the war, and then named as Ambassador to Iraq. What does he have to offer the position?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Why the secrecy before the selection? And why Negroponte? Former US Ambassador to the UN during the build up to the war, and then named as Ambassador to Iraq. What does he have to offer the position?

Well it's really not a question of what he has to offer Phreak, this post is just a pat on the back for all his bad times having to deal with Iraq. It's kinda like the friends of the President are made ambassadors to countries, the better guy you are the bigger country you get.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Well it's really not a question of what he has to offer Phreak, this post is just a pat on the back for all his bad times having to deal with Iraq. It's kinda like the friends of the President are made ambassadors to countries, the better guy you are the bigger country you get.

I would think the position of ambassador to Iraq would have been a punishment more than a reward...

but then there are all those lucretive rebuilding contracts going on, and a lot of money going in... so maybe he got fringe benefits...

And now he is king supreme of the information collection. a position that holds LOTS of responsibility... will he do the office justice? I am sure we all hope so.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think UN amassadorship is an intelligence post as much as it is a diplomatic one. The Iraqi "Ambassadorship" was virtually running the country and again there were heavy intelligence implications there too.

Now the country has elected a "government" of it's own perhaps the position does not require his special skills.

I guess he's reliable, seems to be the quickest rising star since bush became President along with Condi of course.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't believe the Bush administration actually wanted the position to exist in the first place.

The white house continues to struggle with disloyal elements within the CIA and state department. By setting up a "point man" that must be approved by congress, the democrats are hoping to keep some kind of input into the CIA and state department.

Bush can still count on the FBI, but the CIA has been a major source of PR flaps for the white house. The democrats set up this position in order to stall any attempts at housecleaning within the CIA, since the executive is insulated by one more layer from the actual entities that report to him.

Condi Rice as sec of state represents a major coup for Bush; She is just as ethnic as Powell, plus she's a woman. Best of all for the White house, though, is the fact that she's actually loyal to the President instead of the Democratic National Committee.

Clinton transformed the state dept. and CIA into democratic "house organs." It doesn't surprise me that Bush's further attempt at reform and control of the executive branch are hampered by the dems in congress with the DNI post.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Right. GWB rejected the idea of creating the position in the first place. But when they put the bill in front of him he signed it because it was politically expedient. He demonstrated how much he didn't care for the idea, by not naming a candidate for the position. Then when the heat came on him over it, he named a candidate.

What bothered me when first heard he was going to name someone, was that the media didn't already have the name. Usually they do.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
....and now hired by Dim Son to implement the same torture tactics that Negroponte endorsed in South America; you remember, right? Where Negroponte orchestrated a 2000% funding ($millions$)increase per year so that the CIA could teach the locals in Honduras how to rape missionary nuns & throw them alive from helicopters, and how to carry out mass-grave-filling-death-squads?
At some point this American Fascism is going to turn the corner & become full blown Nazi-ism.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Do anyone of you realize taht Negroponte was likely instramental in the Iran-contras scandel in the 80s while he was he was the US ambassador in Honduras, likely overseeing operations that included the illegal funding of the Contra mercenaries and a massive buildup of the Honduran armed forces, including the construction of bases, air fields and supply dumps throughout the country?

here is something I dug up, the typical amnesiac Bush appointee

n the hearings on Negroponte's appointment to his current post as UN ambassador, he was questioned by Senate Foreign Relations Committee staff members on whether he had acquiesced to human rights abuses by death squads funded and partly trained by the Central Intelligence Agency. Negroponte testified that he did not believe the abuses were part of a deliberate Honduran government policy. "To this day," he said, "I do not believe that death squads were operating in Honduras."

sad sad day

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
I am not familiar with John Negroponte, but from reading the article, it looks like he may have the background it will take to perform this new position.

You want to know about Negroponte? Google "Battalion 3-16;" that was *his* baby. 32 nuns kidnapped, tortured, and tossed out of helicopters in flight.

But I'm sure he's really a nice guy....

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
A little bit on John Negroponte.....

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This guy is pure evil. There is speculation (as it cannot be proven) that Negroponte's black ops squad was behind the beheading of Nick Berg to deflect attention from Abu Ghraib. Its the kind of thing that Negroponte does. I think it means that Bush is bringing death squads to the US.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Looks like the Emperor Chaney has now appointed his Darth Negroponte!

*cues up the Imperial March music...*

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
John has definetly been around awhile and like most lifetime politicianshas his share of skeletons in the closet. John Negroponte www.maryknoll.org/global/alerts/no_negropontewww.wikipedia.org/wiki/john_negroponte

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Oh my sweet jesus...
peeps you got to look at the links on this guy... (previous posts)

Often i have said that we needed a tyrant in Iraq to replace Saddam because Saddam only ruled thru fear...
i was kinda kidding... but this guy is equal to and possibly worse than Saddam....

death squads and killing critics... that is what this guy is known for ...
he brings in the strong arm tactics wherever he is put...

NOW HE IS PUT IN AMERICA? DEATH SQUADS IN AMERICA...?

Is this the end of free speech in America?

Will american ATS'ers start disappearing as the USA's critics in Honduras and Iraq did?

Before he was assigned to the previous post of "Iraqi unique ambassador"
his critics tried to push for all the senators to Read a declassified CIA document that stated his atrocities... they didn't and he got the job...

if they had read it... they would understand now why we had ABU GHARAB

If this guy gets the Job, our way of life is in danger... and freedom is damned...

ATS'ers know that i do not often get jumpy... but this scares the funny right out of me...

be afraid...be very afraid...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Doesn't the constitution say "no one can be refurred to with a Title of Nobility" if they work for U.S. Government, why is he called "Tzar"

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Doesn't the constitution say "no one can be refurred to with a Title of Nobility" if they work for U.S. Government, why is he called "Tzar"

It's just a figurative word used to describe a post that has supervisory authority over several different agencies.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
but scince "Constitution" says no then this IS more proff of NEW WORLD ODER, Imean why is it that almost ALL the important things your American constitution are DILIBERATLY being broken if there is no such thing as conspirosy and a NWO?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
"share of skeletons in closets"

He probly owes his butt and left nut to the GOP for not getting sent to the gulage for the Honduras crud.

And why do the Bush cabinet nominees always have bouts of amnesia when facing senete commitee hearings?

I ma seriously flustrated at the lack of accountability for this government

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join