It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not about the Nail......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Women are from venus men are from mars.... so they say...

We think differently everyone, lets just face it...

I've been in discussions where im working over the OP/topic... and shes introduced 5 other issues that are somehow slightly related to the original issue...

Just tonight i was talking to my friend, just trying to fix what shes on about... give her some advice

next thing i know, im in chit for one of the other topics related to the original...

Men are so stupid... she says...

WHY is that?

I sat there for a for a minute... and the only thing that came out of my mouth was... "because women are retarded?"

Noticed that a got a few looks from others sitting around the place...

i kinda did this...

Good times...

Point being... it made me think of this video...

Ya...

edit on 31-3-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Women are from venus men are from mars.... so they say...

We think differently everyone, lets just face it...

I've been in discussions where im working over the OP/topic... and shes introduced 5 other issues that are somehow slightly related to the original issue...

Just tonight i was talking to my friend, just trying to fix what shes on about... give her some advice

next thing i know, im in chit for one of the other topics related to the original...

Men are so stupid... she says...

WHY is that?

I sat there for a for a minute... and the only thing that came out of my mouth was... "because women are retarded?"

Noticed that a got a few looks from others sitting around the place...

i kinda did this...

Good times...

Point being... it made me think of this video...

Ya...

lol

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You forgot about that A-Sexual Planet..Pluto, I dunno. I'm surprised the younger gen haven't screamed 'foul' about that, discrimination against Pluto being a planet. Should the Sun become a planet? What about the Moon. Someone is gonna sue someone over that soon, I feel it, unless the iceage hits first.

Planet INSANE never felt so entertaining.
edit on 31-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Men are so stupid... she says... WHY is that?

It's a mystery.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hammer time

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Trying to figure out why the hole in our soul bugs us so much. Girls are more in tune to it than men are. Men are too busy proving nothing bothers them.

edit on 31-3-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Ha ha ha ha. That video really made me laugh, and I'm a girlie!

I do believe men and women are wired differently, with variations within each set of differences. So although I am female, talk about feelings, like sparkly things, love pretty dresses, can understand hints and subtext etc, I have a more male brain within the parameters of being female. What I mean by that is I am also a logical thinker and a practical person, have no problem using tools for DIY, can reverse park no problem (something my friend cannot do, to the point of asking a stranger to reverse into the last parking space for her!), can read maps without having to turn them upside down and was interested in engineering enough to study mechanical engineering.

I used to be quite feministic, especially back in my engineering days, but luckily with age comes wisdom (about the only good thing that comes with age) and I see we are different halves of the same whole. Men and women are equal but in different ways of functionality. What one half is lacking in, the other half is good at. The old caveman thinking of the men go kill the dinner and protect the family and the women nurture the kids and look after the home really is how we are wired. That doesn't exclude women catching the food or men looking after the kids, we just need to learn to go with our strengths for the most part and keep developing skills in the things that don't come that naturally to us. This is why I get so annoyed at the modern feminist nazi warriors I see being all aggressive and anti men. Just makes me roll my eyes and tut!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

I can relate to quite a bit of your post.
I work in a female dominated field by day and a male dominated field in my second job.
I truly feel less stressed at my part time work.
Regarding the video above, I've always like the line "Most folks don't listen to understand, they listen to reply" and I think that goes for both genders at times.

Men and women are equal but in different ways of functionality. What one half is lacking in, the other half is good at.

I agree and see this often at work also.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Probably that's why I can't understand girls. I always try to fix it out and she keep insisting to listen to her.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The first thing that popped into my mind was the movie American Beauty.
Lester Burnham: "You don't get to tell me what to do ever again."

Carolyn Burnham: "I refuse to be a victim!"

For nearly 20 years I was under the impression that Carolyn's thinking went something like this:
"Not being the boss of him makes me his victim. He's making me a victim! Killing him will save me from victimhood."

So I watched the whole movie again just now to fact check. I changed my outlook somewhat. I don't think that Carolyn had any intention of killing Lester. The gun in her purse served as her fetish, in the heathen sense (almost, but not quite an idol), a physical representation of a felt need for power over her future.

So I'm taking the tack that beyond gender issues, since men also have their fetishes, there is the matter of perspective about a person's place and role in a World beyond one's control. We all would like to be listened to and empathized with. That's not particularly a female trait. Perhaps women are more upfront about it.

Fetishes (like photos, tourist souvenirs, home movies) help us remember better times, when hope and peace were felt in actual events personally participated in or observed.

"Video is a poor excuse, I know, but it helps me remember."

edit on 31-3-2018 by pthena because: structure

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Dont get me started...

Two nights ago at the bar with my buddy and his girl, they began to argue. It seemed light, and he didnt really say anything, she just rambled endlessly with confusing accusations and over analyzations.

I sat there minding my business silently. In fact I go as far as to do my best to not even listen....

Suddenly she turns towards me and pulls me into it!

Saying how Im a Taurus and just like her boyfriend...how im impossibly stubborn...

How im an emotional manipulator and push everyone away (mind you, she barely knows me, and i sat there speechless and felt like # for what she was accusing me of).

Im alone because i choose to be, because every girl friend I have had has cheated on me while i never did, theyd accuse me of anything under the Sun, expect me to just know every demand and expectation and meet each one in a timely manner at that....then theyd break my will and tell me to burn in Hell, ghost the # out of me, all the while staying in close contact with their other ex boyfriends that were mentally verbally and or physicallly abusive. Zero exaggeration, its like the world is under a dark spell.

Well, this chick at the bar droned on and on about how awful I am...it got so bad my bartender told her to shut her poisonous trap.

Its not just women. Its just a lot of people in general are sadly corrupted husks.

Tbh, i think i just need to carry a jug of holy water at all times 😂

edit on 3312018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

top topics

join