It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we kill Satan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Prisoner60863

That’s not the right way to look at it.

The characters of religion and myth are archetypes of the collective unconscious. They are our projections, in symbolic form.

Books like Genesis are mirrors. We are seeing ourselves, but like a simple animal we are tricked into seeing/projecting the other.

edit on 624Sunday000000America/ChicagoApr000000SundayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Just tell the Prince of Darkness the same thing Sara told the Goblin King Jareth at the end of the film called Labyrinth.

“You have no power over me.” His hold on her vanished when she said this statement to him.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

No, he and all who don't believe in Christ will live forever in a lake of fire. Just read Chapters 19-20 of Revelation in the AKJV Bible.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Light "kills" darkness by shining.

Love overcomes darkness.

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." - Christ, Matthew 7:12

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I wouldn't even soeak about killing Satan, he is one of gods sons. I do not think god will approve of that. Satan does not get killed by god after the tribulation, he is banished for a thousand years, god or nobody actually kills him. He can be imprisoned but not killed. If god isn't going to kill him or the other angels, I don't think we should be even considering it. If you do not allow Satan to get ahold of you, he cannot do anything to you. You can still be killed by a person who has chosen to follow in the wrong path if you are not protected. That would be my interpretation anyway.

Satan tempts us, he does not force us to do wrong. He is the one who delivers the test.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You're correct Satan does not die the smoke of his torment will rise, along with every person who is sent to the lake of fire for ever and ever. Jesus said the place was where the worn never ceases to eat their bodies and the flame never consumes their flesh.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: rickymouse

You're correct Satan does not die the smoke of his torment will rise, along with every person who is sent to the lake of fire for ever and ever. Jesus said the place was where the worn never ceases to eat their bodies and the flame never consumes their flesh.

If memory serves, Jesus was speaking there of Gehenna, mis-translated in the KJV as "Hell," but "Hell" is not in the original languages. It is a mistake to mix Gehenna up with the Lake of Fire, which WAS NOT identified as Hell in the KJV.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

You you and your scholars become god to correct the words of God, as he chose to preserve them into English today.

You are both a Bible denier and a bibliophobic.

You have no proof except scholarship that the words in the AKJV are incorrect and this is why we are where we are, because no one believes the word is inspired into English today. Yet Jeremiah shows us the word can be inspired again and with even more added. Even Paul quotes an OT verse incorrectly under inspiration when he wrote Romans. The originals were destroyed. Just like the fact that there are no originals any where at any place today we can compare the facts of your claim to be true or false.

Through Faith I accept the AKJV as inspired and preserved. Yo have no such faith in God but only in yourself, thereby becoming god in God's stead.
edit on 15-4-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Lazarus Short

You you and your scholars become god to correct the words of God, as he chose to preserve them into English today.

You are both a Bible denier and a bibliophobic.

You have no proof except scholarship that the words in the AKJV are incorrect and this is why we are where we are, because no one believes the word is inspired into English today. Yet Jeremiah shows us the word can be inspired again and with even more added. Even Paul quotes an OT verse incorrectly under inspiration when he wrote Romans. The originals were destroyed. Just like the fact that there are no originals any where at any place today we can compare the facts of your claim to be true or false.

Through Faith I accept the AKJV as inspired and preserved. Yo have no such faith in God but only in yourself, thereby becoming god in God's stead.

Two things:

1. You seem to be a member of the KJVO cult. But then, we must decide which one: 1611, 1769, NKJV, KJV II, KJV 2000, and maybe others. This denomination-specific (Anglican) translation is a can of worms in itself, among the vast array of Bible versions. I am still searching for a really good one. So far, every English version falls short in one way or another. I am going to look into the Eastern Text next.

2. This may surprise you, but I accept the Bible as God's Word. With that said, I believe it is the responsibility of each believer to read and understand, with all the helps available: concordances, dictionaries, commentaries and interlinear texts. This ex-atheist has tracked the Truth to the best of his ability, using the above tools and more. Among other things, I have seen the four words usually translated as "hell," and I see no justification for it. From your POV I may be a Bible denier and "Bibliophobic," but I keep two Bible versions within easy reach of my desk, and often quote from the KJV, even knowing its good and bad points (Yes - it has good points!). Every TRANSLATION has them. Only the original Hebrew and Greek is/was perfect.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Satan is not a name; it's a title. It means adversary.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You have posts that completely disregard the
gravity of refuting scripture. Why listen to the
Godless if you' re sincere? I offer you my truth.
No one needs to kill the weak and defeated.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prisoner60863
Just something I was thinking about. If the nature of man was to live forever. Adam and Eve sinned and now we die. So if Satan sinned can he be turned mortal like we turned?

Death is actually a merciful act. To give Satan death is to have compassion on him and he will no longer suffer.

But, there must be justice and he must pay in full for all the sins he had done. He must suffer torment in the lake of fire for eternity, no mercy and no forgiveness. Along with him in the lake of fire are the beast (his son), the false prophet and all those who have the mark.

The rest of mankind not written in the book of life, will simply perish into non existence - back to the state before they were born.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join