It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Assigns Students To Write Anti-Gun Letters To Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I'm left of center and I think this assignment was way off base!!! so, no, this one teacher, doesn't not represent the entire left...
to me, being liberal means you are allowed to think for yourself, that there's no authoritarian, not your husband, not the church, not the big wigs in the gov't should be able to tell you what to think, or defend a position that you don't believe in yourself. the assignment, as described in the op, seems to be telling the students what position they should be taking, regardless of what they thought, and try to defend that position... lie in other words! they are not being given a chance to express their own views freely.. weather or not I think the views they might express are wrong is irrelevant, because they will never be expressed... what is being sought is an echo chamber where all views expressed are cohesive and in tune with each other while underlying it all is a bunch of probably angry people who are pretending to be what they think everyone wants them to be. and there is nothing "liberal" or liberating about it! there can be no growth, nothing new being presented under such a framework.. so it isn't really that "progressive" either. just stagnation and delusions.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
When did education become indoctrination?

I think is was about day 2 of 'public education'

a reply to: c2oden

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: craterman

before there was public education there was mass illiteracy....
illiterate people are much easier to push a doctrine on, ask the priests of old, before the bible was printed into the languages of the people in their flock, or the slave masters of old who didn't want their slaves to learn to read.

<< 1  2   >>

join