It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is fear? What do you really fear?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Watch out. They're nymphomaniacs known to attempt gang raping humans. And they'll have a gigantic smile on their face the whole time. Them things in the ocean is like killer clowns serving dinner at a 4 star restaurant.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i have an irrational aversion to large cockroaches.
If one of those things lands on me or runs up my leg, I go into full hooky dance mode and make little girl sounds.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
What is fear? What do you really fear?

Aliens, demons, monsters whatever you call it. What about the Gov and other countries taking away your rights?

will you ever face them?

I'm scared working anything above 3 stories on scaffolding, legs like Bambie, hate it, just focus on the job and get it done quick as I can.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap
That even more "conspiracy theories" of "lunatic and tinfoil hat wearing weirdos" come true, more than from 9/11 to today!

And that crumbling "empires" start a war (in Europe, against Russia), as their last move. As empires always do, before they disappear in the shadows of history, which again will be written by the "winners".

Same old game will continue, will even get worse and worse, just some players will disappear and new players will be the new "good ones". Maybe not nations anymore, but any secret service like spying and data dealing, multinational acting corporations with their ultra rich Führers. Or terror organisations like the NSA, the GCHQ, the FSB, the Mossad, the MI6, the BND and Verfassungsschutz and terror scum like that.

I mean all that dystopian stuff that dystopian writers wrote decades before, writers that couldn´t know that their worst fantasies will be outdated by reality, a few years later.

But it´s not really fear, it´s more like the feeling that we need to defend us from the real perpetrators, that we need to judge the real perpetrators instead of the little fishes. Little fishes that are used as red herrings by the real criminal big sharks. Sharks in suits and ties that act as the new good ones...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I fear that everyone who ever attended one of Augustus's meet ups really never came home and that he is posting as them, think the movie "Split".

Seriously though, I fear dying before I've accomplished everything that I need to for my kiddos and not seeing the ocean again. It's an irrational fear, a worry really but that is what it is.
I sometimes fear, if there is an afterlife, that when I die I will see my Mother again and she will be hurt or angry that I didn't do enough or the right things for her at the end of her life.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
I sometimes fear, if there is an afterlife, that when I die I will see my Mother again and she will be hurt or angry that I didn't do enough or the right things for her at the end of her life.
Aw, you did your best I'm sure, and she will know that. We all just make life up as we go along, but if you can look yourself in the mirror and say you were mostly inspired by love in your life choices, then smile back at the person you see.

EDIT
And if you didn't do your best, but recognise it now wiser than before, smile at that new person you see in the mirror. Regret is a damaging and pointless emotion. It stops us looking forward to brighter things.
edit on 31-3-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
a reply to: Mandroid7

Probably why Killer Whales murder dolphins for a reason. Join the Killer Whale club.

I am a member of the local Killer Salmon club. We have T-shirts and stuff.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Is that like the Moose Lodge? Shouldnt you have fish head helmets? I think I'd opt for the Swordfish Lodge.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Is that like the Moose Lodge? Shouldnt you have fish head helmets? I think I'd opt for the Swordfish Lodge.

In terms of the drinking, yeah. Pretty much. We don't have helmets. I'll bring it up at the next meeting.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Well if you opt for swordfish head designs you might need to have safety glasses built in (for when the beer gets flowing and someone puts on some heavy metal).

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I thought this was an interesting topic but was horrified by the disdain that was shown to it.

Disdain or distain. Skip. Disdain can be either a noun or a verb. As a noun disdain means the general attitude of something or someone being beneath consideration or not valuable enough for respect.

We have two motivating forces in life (there is talk of a third but it's irrelevant to the topic). From the simple single cells organism to the most complicated one, we run from pain and we run to pleasure.

We are adverse to pain - FEAR.
We crave pleasure - with the FEAR of loss.

So Fear is the game friends. We cover up aware of Fear by all sorts of means - mostly by just not looking at it.

As they (whoever they are) courage isn't the absence of FEAR but the ability to function through it.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I thought this was an interesting topic but was horrified by the disdain that was shown to it.

Poor baby, triggered by disdain. If you want topics treated without disdain, you've come to the wrong place. Buck up!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Good points

top topics

<< 1   >>

join