It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the Evangelicites of ATS...and whoever else wants to chime in.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: yughii
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

What if not inviting is a small but consummately observed barrier of free will?

If its Christ its always clean and safe.

Christ doesn't coexist with strife.

Invite.

I should say that Christ is the antidote to strife. Being in strife is the best time to call upon Christ; So as to notice and truly appreciate the difference between the two.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: yughii

I could just as easily say that not believing in Christ is the observed barrier of free will. The thing about the Bible is, it tells us to believe in Christ to be saved. It doesn't say much about inviting Him in to be saved.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I never thought you weren't saved. If believe gets you there I'm all for it. If invite isn't your cup of tea i'm ok with it.

I am thankfully an amateur and can irresponsibly play with the concepts. I count Christ as a complete and irrevocable gain no matter how he is interacted with.

I am assuming that you are a priest so therefore have different responsibilities and obligations than I do. I respect that a lot.

I am comforted that someone holds the basic line so I riff safely off of it ( and return to it when I get nervous ).

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: yughii

I'm a priest, in the biblical sense, as are all believers in Christ. It is a responsibility that every believer shares.

Rev 1:6
and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

When it comes to the issue of eternal life, I tend to be very careful about my words. That's why I make it a point that salvation is by faith in Christ, not inviting Christ. If you take 'inviting Christ' as an idiom for faith, then I'm happy that you do, but most churches/evangelists don't take the time to explain what they mean by 'inviting Christ'. It doesn't seem to be universally understood, which can be dangerous.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It doesn't really matter whether you receive it or have to ask for it. Whether you get it by baptism or sacrament.. only thing they insist on is that you receive a Mark and either the hand or forehead will do. This is the religion of the Antichrist too. It's why you worship that head that survived the mortal wound and worship that person as God. It's right there under your noses but the deception is universal. The religion has resulted in your broken society and you're too busy shunning everyone else and tearing each other apart with your bible verses to learn anything anyway. Happy now? That Lake O' Fire you invented for us.. well looks like your own book prophesies that you and that religion will be going into that lake. A fitting end to a religion that has cursed the Hebrew peeps for the last 2000 years. That in a nutshell is the unfolding
of Rev

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join