It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Hogg reacts to Laura Ingraham's apology on CNN

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: watchitburn
It would just tickle me pink if he happened to get mugged and shot by an illegal immigrant.

33 stars... Just goes to show that many of you actually want school children to continue to get shot.

Since when did Herr Hogg = 'school children'?
I also don't think that poster said he WANTED Herr Hogg to get shot, only that it would amuse him.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I also don't think that poster said he WANTED Herr Hogg to get shot, only that it would amuse him.

He's a child who's in high school. I don't know how to make that any clearer.

Okay then, he finds it amusing to see children being shot?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Are you just disagreeing with another person's opinion, or do you think he shouldn't be able to express his opinion?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It would just tickle me pink if he happened to get mugged and shot by an illegal immigrant.

33 stars... Just goes to show that many of you actually want school children to continue to get shot.

Saying anyone getting shot would be amusing is disgusting.

Period.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

OKAY NOW.....This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

IOW....Go After the Ball, Not the Player!
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Is the child acting childish? Did this child take on an adult or childish topic?
Has he treated Miss Ingraham as an adult in any adult way or has he acted childish?

According to you he is a child. Has anyone actually read what Laura Ingraham said and apologized for? I would have never in a million years apologized if I were her. What a nothingburger...except if you wete attention seeking like this supposed high school kid that wants to tackle THE MOSTadult topic available. This kid wants to act and be a cowboy while seeking defense as being only an ignorant kid when actual issues are being discussed.

Maybe this is proof adults should discuss adult issues and we should just let the kids be children as long as they want. In Hoggs case, he wants to play a cowboy sherrif out to prove his mettle, unless confronted by an adult for play acting as an adult. Then he quits acting and says he is just a child and now you hurt his feewings and so he cries...
So is he a cowboy like he pretends? Or is he a child unable to speak on a seriously adult topic?

I believe him when he claims he is just a child. It sounds like he is role playing pretending to be an adult with adult thoughts. But he himself claims to be a child where his feeli gs matter most

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

Is the child acting childish? Did this child take on an adult or childish topic?
Has he treated Miss Ingraham as an adult in any adult way or has he acted childish?

According to you he is a child. Has anyone actually read what Laura Ingraham said and apologized for? I would have never in a million years apologized if I were her. What a nothingburger...except if you wete attention seeking like this supposed high school kid that wants to tackle THE MOSTadult topic available. This kid wants to act and be a cowboy while seeking defense as being only an ignorant kid when actual issues are being discussed.

Maybe this is proof adults should discuss adult issues and we should just let the kids be children as long as they want. In Hoggs case, he wants to play a cowboy sherrif out to prove his mettle, unless confronted by an adult for play acting as an adult. Then he quits acting and says he is just a child and now you hurt his feewings and so he cries...
So is he a cowboy like he pretends? Or is he a child unable to speak on a seriously adult topic?

I believe him when he claims he is just a child. It sounds like he is role playing pretending to be an adult with adult thoughts. But he himself claims to be a child where his feeli gs matter most

I agree with most of that. I still would not find it amusing to see him take a bullet.
edit on 31-3-2018 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: Shamrock6

First time I've actually listened to this guy and I have to say he's actually much more sensible than I was expecting. I actually agreed with him when he said the following:

I want people to understand we're not trying to take your guns, we're not against the 2nd Amendment, we don't want to repeal the 2nd Amendment, we simply want gun legislation in this country that allows law abiding citizens to still own guns, but prevents people with a history of mental illness or a criminal background from owning a firearm, it's as simple as that.

If we want to accept the fact mental illness plays a large roles in these tragedies then it's hypocritical to deny any solution which attempts to target the cause of the problems. The fact is mentally unstable people and criminals should find it much harder to acquire a weapon and the only people who would argue against that are mentally unstable people and criminals. However I doubt most of his peers have such a reserved stance on the issue, it seems like many of these kids want much tougher regulations which go far beyond what Hogg is suggesting.

Hogg also advances the idea of a tax on any and all gun sales and age restrictions on all gun possession. He wants magazine restrictions, and an "assault weapons ban." He's not attacking this from only a mental health angle. I agree that there needs to be something done with that side of things, but I'm also not blind to the fact that that's far from the only thing he wants.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

A "child who is in high scchool" is also not the same as "school children".

When one suggests ill fortune falling upon an individual, it is a weak and low tactic to use that individual's identity to falsely convey that a person wishes ill fortune on more than the individual he or she is talking about.

It's a common liberal tactic that is well worn out, like criticising a black person often being used as the basis of claims of racism. It doesn't fly anymore.

You'll have to work harder on some new debate tactics.
edit on 31/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: amazing
Why are you guys so worked up about this kid and his classmates?

Let it go. Let them vent. Stop bullying and insulting them.

Go after those liberals jumping on their coattails and trying to get political traction from this tragedy, but leave the kids out and stop worrying about them.

What, are you their mommy?

They chose to enter an adult discussion on the Constitutional right to defend yourself. And, this publicity Hogg uses that pulpit to spew vile and hateful rhetoric. Sorry, but a "kid" doesn't get a pass at doing that unchallenged. Had he reigned in his vitriolic language and debated the issues rationally, I am sure he would not have had the responses seen to date. I know I for one would have respected him more. I would still not agree with him, nor his brand of rhetoric, but I would have respected his zeal and fortitude to express it....which is protected under that old out of date document so many seem to want to wipe their collective backsides with these days.

or...real adults aren't scared of children?

Once you push yourself into the political arena, and happily go along with being pushed to the forefront of a national debate, you're not just a "teenager venting" anymore. He's the mouthpiece of a movement.

He's as much fair game as any other mouthpiece would be.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Saying anyone getting shot would be amusing is disgusting.

Period.

Don't disagree, but let's not attribute other meaning to it, regardless of whether it is disgusting or not.

edit on 31/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
16 advertisers have now left Laura's show and Fox; she is taking some time off now but she may not have a job when she gets back.

You reap what you sow....Corinthians 6:7

edit on 31-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
David Hogg is an intelligent kid. He will likely go far with politics if he chooses. His charisma is palpable and even though I disagree with his message, I am impressed by his work thus far. But, when you put yourself out there, telling the world what you think and trying to influence others, you can't hide behind your age, your "victim status", or any other cop-out you can think of. You have to be able to accept criticism and deal with it, as it won't stop here.

Hogg is playing in the big leagues and needs to realize that fact. man up kid, or go back to the playground.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Indeed - remember those words.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yep. It's pure comedy that he can say "it's not up to me to figure out because I'm a #ing kid" in one interview but then wants it to be up to him.

Age isn't some sort of equivalent to home-base in a game of tag: you don't get to wear it when you need a shield but then take it off when you want to go on the attack.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
More pathetic whining from the right, growp up.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

I agree with most of that. I still would not find it amusing to see him take a bullet.

Just shoot him in the hand.

Everyone's happy.

Kid has to stop talking, he looks too much like a hitler yute poster boy.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
16 advertisers have now left Laura's show and Fox; she is taking some time off now but she may not have a job when she gets back.

Nah, it's Easter weekend, they are all off.

Fox has been there before with boycotts.

She won't be leaving.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
He reminds me of the pencil neck geek/nerd that gets beat up all the time.No parties,no babes.Maybe he hopes that now he's a"Celebrity"that will change.Although I doubt it.Cool he is not.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have resisted listening to this Hogg fellow since the first time I saw him... not because I don't feel sympathy for the victims of the Parkland Shooting; I certainly do! Not because I don't think there is a problem with school shootings; I certainly do! I try to ignore him because he is a self-professed expert in a field he knows nothing about: life.

And because the talking heads seem to think he's some sort of hero.... that's a field of red flags right there.

I'll give credit where credit is due: Hogg is very familiar with the emotional aspects of being trapped in a life-or-death situation. He well knows the feelings that one might have during such, especially when one is helpless. He is an expert on fear.

But... he knows nothing about firearms. He knows nothing about what an inalienable right is. He knows nothing about human nature. He's admitted to all these lacks of knowledge in the two videos I watched, linked in the OP. And moreso, he knows nothing... absolutely nothing... about being an adult.

I have heard it said he is a child acting like an adult. I disagree. Hogg is a child acting like a child. Dressing in nice clothes is not 'acting like an adult.' Talking to an interviewer who is obviously asking only questions which have been rehearsed is not 'acting like an adult.' Demanding that others do what he says when he says it, how he says it, with no complaints, is certainly not 'acting like an adult.'

I can understand the confusion, however, because we have become accustomed to adults acting like children. We see it every day on the news channels, on the Internet... and if we compare children acting like children to adults acting like children, where is the difference? There is no difference. Hogg is in actuality a child acting like a child, which is the same in appearance as an adult acting like a child.

A child says "I want what I want and I want it NOW!" A child will pitch a fit in a department store to get a toy, oblivious to the cost of that toy or the economic situation he/she is in. A child will demand dessert before dinner, uncaring of nutritional requirements of their bodies. A child will insist a game be played by their own rules, without regard to the fairness or equity of those rules. It's what children do.

An adult will consider economic situations before making a purchase, force themselves to eat nutritious food, and discuss the desires of others as well as their own before trying to unilaterally determine how a situation should be approached. An adult says "I want this, but is my want reasonable?"

A few (paraphrased) demands from Hogg:
  • "I speak for all the children" - No, sir, you speak for yourself. Only in your child mind are your words somehow incumbent on others to agree with.

• "I want an assault weapons ban" - just because you decided to adopt an imprecise (and actually fictitious) term, it does not follow that others know what you mean by using it. All firearms used to assault another person are "assault weapons," in the same sense that all rocks become "assault rocks" when thrown. There is no industry standard that identifies a weapon as an "assault rifle"... the only reasonable interpretation I can see is to ban everything that is used in a crime. That is unreasonable. Define your terms.

• "People should be objective" - yes, that would be wonderful. But it would also be amazing. All people have personal positions and concerns, including you, Master Hogg, and if you want others to be objective, then perhaps you should try being objective as well. Your political leanings are as subjective as Ingraham's, and that is saying something!

• "I support the Second Amendment" - No, sir, you do not. You cannot 'support' something you are simultaneously trying to remove. If there is anything that irritates me more than someone trying to take away my God-given rights, it is someone trying to tell me they support the rights they want to take away, while trying to take them away. You lie, sir.

• "We're just trying to save lives" - I will accept that you believe this, however, you appear to think you are the only ones who wants to save lives. The issue is not whether people want to save lives, but how that goal should be accomplished. The statement is nothing more than the same childish behavior I mentioned above. It could be translated easily as "I want it, and I want it NOW!" In reality, you want to dictate to others how they should live their lives, even though you have never experienced adult life.
I actually do feel sorry for David Hogg, and not just for the horrible experience he went through. I feel sorry for him because of the horrible experience he will go through. Another aspect of acting like a child is not having forethought to think ahead to the end results of a chosen path of action. Hogg has a perfect academic record and I am assuming, a good personal record; his life is a pearl for the taking. But now he has thrown in with others who have no care for his future, only for their political agenda. He will be used and discarded like yesterday's newspaper lining the floor of a birdcage before being unceremoniously dumped in the garbage. In the process of pursuing this bright, shining road to misery, his name will forevermore now carry a political connotation... a connotation that will close doors to him in the future just as surely as improper posts on social media do to others, only more so.

I am sorry for his losses, for the failure of so many when he counted on them, for failing him as a part of society, but more for the choices he is making right now and the future consequences of those choices.

Sorry for the dose of reality. I'll be happy to shut up now. Please, go back to discussing his wonderful social demise in peace.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join