It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why It Shouldn’t Matter If We Repeal The Second Amendment

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
do people honestly think it cant be changed though?
maybe it shouldnt. maybe it would be very difficult. it might take x amount of years but its going to change.
history should show us that.

100 years from now i think the structure of this country will be very different.
things are just moving too fast.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
do people honestly think it cant be changed though?
maybe it shouldnt. maybe it would be very difficult. it might take x amount of years but its going to change.
history should show us that.

100 years from now i think the structure of this country will be very different.
things are just moving too fast.

In 100 years guns will not even be a blip on the radar. Technology will drive the change, and it can go either really bad, or really good.

Nothing we concern ourselves with today should matter, if it goes well. It all depends on who controls the means of production as to whether we become free citizens of the cosmos vs slaves of a technocratic overlord.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

its the 1st time in history that 100 years will make that much of a difference.

even from 1900-2000
go to sleep in 1900 and wake up in 2000

you would be in a different world.
we are in the middle of a bigger and faster change right now.

from 2000-2100...

i would love to get a little peak.
it bothers me that i wont see it.

the constitution is going to change at some point.

and i think its going to go really good until it goes really bad and all of a sudden we are back in 1900

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I actually realized something yesterday. The second amendment is in no danger of repeal. Gun control is just a political horse the democrats needed to ride to try and muster votes for the mid terms. Think about it, they cant run on jobs, or immigration, or LGBT rights, so they are grabbing a hold of something to rile up the rabble enough to get them out voting, its going to be their hot button issue of the coming election. That's most likely ALL this is about, the dems having a chance at not getting trounced in the mid terms this year.

edit on 1-4-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It would not matter to Christians. Any law passed by a government which violates a God-given right is invalid. You are not required to obey any anti-christian law. While it is true that in biblical times guns did not exist, the weapon of the day was the sword, and nearly everyone carried one. If not a sword, a knife. The point is, everyone was armed all the time, and crime rates were low and the police did not have to work as hard. With heavily armed citizen base, the official military and police forces could be allowed to reduce as people retire.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join