It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why It Shouldn’t Matter If We Repeal The Second Amendment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: TinySickTears

You obviously hunt big monsters with it.

internet trolls

of coarse only when season is open i'm sure

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Well if all requirements of article 5 were met there would still be the issue of confiscating the guns. That could be the catalyst for the civil war, US, that TPTB may or may not be 'itching' for.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

That is for saying F you to the bad guy, his friend behind the truck and 6 people between you and the county line...

Or hogs.

Is the county line a thing? How does it work?
UK cops just cross counties acting as a national entity. The UK would be a state of 60 odd million people but all state police in power.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Well if all requirements of article 5 were met there would still be the issue of confiscating the guns. That could be the catalyst for the civil war, US, that TPTB may or may not be 'itching' for.

Be a nuts move in TN

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

State Police can cross into any county. They mostly patrol highways, though, and would call in local LEO for anything beyond traffic stuff on state highways and interstates.

Some municipalities have their own police force. Most do, actually. Smaller towns may contract the county sheriff to conduct day to day police operations in a community. Marfa, TX is talking about disbanding their police and going back to the sheriff for policing (I think..i may have that backwards).

Counties are the sheriff and constabulary. Constabulary is mostly a county court cop, and does little (in Texas its typically unpaid, I believe). Sheriffs are the main police force in a county, but do not police within municipal jurisdiction typically without contract.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Just separation of the local govt land, or the district the sheriffs office controls, city cops are restricted to the city they are hired by unless the sheriffs office asks for assistance.

ETA: Texan explained it much better.
edit on 30-3-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

These rights are not given, but protected. Not to expand citizens’ rights, but to limit government’s power.

I'm amazed any time I come across somebody that thinks rights like this are "given" to the people by the government.

That's like....a really basic part of the Bill of Rights. It doesn't grant anything. It protects rights.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Be a nuts move in TN

Bahaha! I'd say TN and Arkansas is the potential filming location!
I've got some police 'acquaintances' and have heard them on the scanner calling the next county over to pick up the chase, if they are chasing a suspect.
Of course, sometimes they are joined in but obviously the officers of the particular county know the roads.
I hear the city officers calling the county often when someone is leaving city limits.
Darn p25 messed up my fun when the county went digital so had a friend give me his scanner. City and fire is still analog.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well except there is no such thing as natural rights in any way, shape, or form. This whole argument falls flat out of the gate. How are those 'natural rights' playing out in other countries? They aren't, because you have no natural rights. Society sets up rules at a given time for what is happening in society at that time. They hope those rules can also work in the future. When they don't they get altered. The 2nd was one that didn't work out well down the line. And activist judges reinterpreting it at the behest of the NRA and gun nuts didn't help either.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Cool reply thanks, I grew up watching smokey and the bandit, so of course knowing its just a movie, I understand your jurisdictions and laws are different.
Think of the UK as a US state and all we have is state police, my particular flavour here is the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary, all decent people in my experience except one maybe ten years ago but that's off-topic.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

you should read Sapiens man.
im like engrossed. started it today and im 130 pages in or so.

looking at # from a biological standpoint really puts # in perspective.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
county=tax zone

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

you are correct sire

all of this is all just made up in our minds.
saying it is alienable and can not be taken away does not make it so

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Be a nuts move in TN

Bahaha! I'd say TN and Arkansas is the potential filming location!
I've got some police 'acquaintances' and have heard them on the scanner calling the next county over to pick up the chase, if they are chasing a suspect.
Of course, sometimes they are joined in but obviously the officers of the particular county know the roads.
I hear the city officers calling the county often when someone is leaving city limits.
Darn p25 messed up my fun when the county went digital so had a friend give me his scanner. City and fire is still analog.

LMAO!
Cops here are cops wherever they are in Britain, they can chase you from Lands End to John 'o Groates lol.
Think of Britain as a US state but only having state police.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

that would be unalienable

and that means hot lead if one attempts to remove in some cases

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

and that means hot lead if one attempts to remove in some cases

yeah thats what i keep hearing.
nobody is taking your guns away heston

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: okrian

you are correct sire

all of this is all just made up in our minds.
saying it is alienable and can not be taken away does not make it so

I guess saying it doesn't make it so. But when you or whoever shows up at my door to try and infringe on my natural right and I fill you full of lead then that will make it so.

I would love for you to explain to the person I just shot to death that my rights are all in my head.

I guess words don't grant natural rights but the action of defending them does.
edit on 30-3-2018 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So basically you are saying that if you come from a society where you have been told that you must rely on government to tell you where you can live, what you must eat and wear, whether or not you can defend yourself, etc., and you suddenly wound up on a deserted island, you would feel you have no right to provide any of that for yourself to the best of your ability to preserve (or attempt to preserve) your life because your government told you you had no real right to do it on your own?

I call BS. I think you would try to fight for your survival. What's more ... I'll bet you'd defend your property on that island if you needed to do it to survive.

That's what we mean by natural rights and then not being taken away. They're survival rights.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

We're born with our rights. They cannot be given nor taken away.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'll bet you'd defend your property on that island if you needed to do it to survive.

That's what we mean by natural rights and then not being taken away. They're survival rights.

Human rights, I agree big time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join