It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC host insults Parkland student; time for boycotts?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

She said he was whining because she thought he was whining.

She apologized. You have no proof she wasn't sincere.

You offered no apology, and feel your name calling is more justified than others.

Another very non Christian thing to do.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: ketsuko

You know what?

This moron has insulted every single person he's come into contact with who hasn't immediately agreed with him since this things has started.

I hate to say it, but since most who everyone has respectfully disagreed with him and been heaped with nothing but abuse, it's honestly about time he get taken to the woodshed.

Like I said earlier, then take him to the woodshed. You'll notice I'm not really defending anything he's said specifically.
He's said some crappy things that I can't defend. Only that an Adult should be above petty insults. He can be taken down. You just did it. You called him a moron and then said why very specifically. That's how you do it. You didn't make fun of anything personal about it. You just proved how an adult should react to him.

And, if you want to play semantics here, I have an observation for you.

She called his ACTIONS whining, and did not attack him personally calling him a whiner. That is addressing his behavior and actions, not him as a person. Saying someone is whining is not calling them a whiner. It is saying, that the current actions and behavior is akin to the whining a child does when they do not get their way.

If anything, she was calling him a child, which you have repeatedly stated and reinforced here in this thread.

no...it's this "David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.) "

How is that relevant to the discussion. That's childish. It's like calling Trump the Orange one or Calling Michelle Obama a Transgender etc etc.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

She said he was whining because she thought he was whining.

She apologized. You have no proof she wasn't sincere.

You offered no apology, and feel your name calling is more justified than others.

Another very non Christian thing to do.

Unlike Laura Ingraham, I don't PRETEND to be a Christian and then do the opposite. I'm just a working schmuck like the rest of us here.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

So in the end she *did* do the Christian thing. She apologized and asked for forgiveness!

Understand, being Christian doesn't mean being perfect. It does mean recognizing when one screws up.

You are correct. But I don't see her apology as authentic. And yes, how would I know for sure, but it appears, to me, that she only did that after the backlash.

It's clear you don't. It's also clear you don't like her at all. Fair enough.

However, I think it's a bit biased to come after her when the Twit-verse is literally littered with far more toxic examples of behavior and denigration then what she did in this instance, and many of those by big name people.

All you have to do is read a site like Twitchy and you'll see it every day.

What should concern you is that someone like Hogg who really knows next to nothing about what he's crusading over can wield this degree of power ... over anyone ... who runs afoul of him and what he wants. Was what Ingraham said nice in the strictest sense? No. It wasn't, but it was far the vilest thing that could have been said too, and it was loads nicer than a lot of the things Hogg himself has said to people.

And he called down the wrath of social justice on her ... not over guns or the NRA, but over the fact that she. hurt. his. feelings! That's it. No more; no less. That's a *lot* of power people have put in this kid. You should be a bit worried about it.

And I hear you and let me tell you. Start a thread on any of those people saying crazy stuff and I'll post on it and call them out too.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You opened a real can of worms.

Here's a 17 yr old with the power to give large corporations their marching orders. Did these "children" really organize that March For Our Lives? He seems more like a foul mouthed young punk than a child to me. But I say yea, boycott Kurt Eichenwald. The only time I enjoyed listening to him was when he had that seizure.

Such an up and coming young communist can probably find some school to accept him. Let's see, that Gonzales girl also went to that same high school. Cruz also. What a crop of losers. Maybe he should go back to California and graduate from there.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
And for the record, I dont want people to boycott MSNBC over this. I think the whole thing is childish.

I'm so upset I plan to continue my 50 year boycott..

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No.

It's clear you don't hear me.

The main point of my post is that Hogg is one of the people saying crazy stuff.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

60% of msnbc and cnn $$$ is from cable, dir tv, etc. Subscriptions.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Callous, interesting word choice, but accurate. Callouses are formed from constant irritation. This Hogg doofus has become an irritant. As such, he has no rational expectation to be dealt with in any way other than callousness. No, I honestly don't care anymore about what level of personal strife the kid has experienced because I see that as little more than a convenient backpeddle from someone who has become an attention whore, wants an open mic, but needs an easy distraction or crutch to lean on when somebody calls him out on his spoon fed narrative of bullsnip. He's become a goddamned Mr. Meeseek, constantly standing up when cameras are rolling and yelling "Look at me, I am Mr. Meeseek!" and then repeating whatever his handlers have told him to say.

Ingraham had nothing to apologize for and never should have said anything even remotely appeasing to those thin skinned nothings that complained about her very rational, very unattacking, very vanilla comments about young Mr. Hogg.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

No.

It's clear you don't hear me.

The main point of my post is that Hogg is one of the people saying crazy stuff.

Sure, I get that he's saying some crazy stuff and I've already said, you took him down the correct way...called him a moron and then explained why he's a moron without lowering to personal insults and attacks. That's how you do it. Like you did, not like Ingraham did.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Callous, interesting word choice, but accurate. Callouses are formed from constant irritation. This Hogg doofus has become an irritant. As such, he has no rational expectation to be dealt with in any way other than callousness. No, I honestly don't care anymore about what level of personal strife the kid has experienced because I see that as little more than a convenient backpeddle from someone who has become an attention whore, wants an open mic, but needs an easy distraction or crutch to lean on when somebody calls him out on his spoon fed narrative of bullsnip. He's become a goddamned Mr. Meeseek, constantly standing up when cameras are rolling and yelling "Look at me, I am Mr. Meeseek!" and then repeating whatever his handlers have told him to say.

Ingraham had nothing to apologize for and never should have said anything even remotely appeasing to those thin skinned nothings that complained about her very rational, very unattacking, very vanilla comments about young Mr. Hogg.

I respectfully disagree. It's like on ATS when you and i disagree. We don't resort to name calling or you insulting my grammar(though you could) or my education or religious affilliation or lack there of. No you call me out on whatever it is I actually say. Period. You're an adult, you act like one. Ingraham is not and does not act like one.

You also don't pretend to be a Christian and then do the opposite. That's my second beef with Ingraham.

When you insult Hogg though, again, you're not a world famous political and Christian pundit....She should get held to a higher standard than you.

Hogg is a kid, he acts like one. We should hold ourselves to a ;higher standard.

Not the "but he did it so I should be able to do it" circle of childhood.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I love this.

Rape Melania!. . . free speech cries the leftists!
Baron is a retard!. . . .free speech cries the leftists!
Trump decapitation. . . . free speech cries the leftists!
Ban the 2nd Amendment. . . free speech cries the leftists!

Say a punk is a whiny little bitch?

Ban! Censor!

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Calling him a moron *is* a personal attack; don't you think?

Someone who has a GPA of 4.1 is far from book stupid at least.

But here's a sampling of his demogoguery.

It’s ironic that he’s calling on everyone to “love thy neighbor” and to end the “mudslinging” because he certainly hasn’t practiced what he’s preaching. Over the past several weeks, he has referred to the NRA as “child murderers,” called Dana Loesch “disgusting” and accused her of not caring about children’s lives, smeared Republican Sen. Marco Rubio by claiming he’s bribed by the NRA in exchange for the lives of Florida students, and blasted Republicans as “sick f–kers” for not meeting his standards on gun reform. And judging from his boycott campaign, Hogg’s solution to save children’s lives is to bully the opposition into silence.

He's trying to do a demogogues version of what Jon Stewart used to get away with all the time. He wants to play political activist hardball with comments like those above and his little speech with its Hitler salute, but as soon as someone fires back at him, he pulls the equivalent of "I'm just a poor, ittle kid who suffered a tregedy! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! How could you attack me?!" With all the pretend shock and moral outrage.

Jon Stewart did something similar. He played hardball political commentator until he occasionally went outside the bounds or got caught saying something dumb or untrue, and then he put on his clown nose with the "I'm just a comedian!" excuse.

**EDIT**

He went after McCain today.
edit on 30-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
He does seem to have angered his detractors(almost all of the conservative posters in this thread)something fierce, while at the same time motivating a lot of young people.

It would seem he is quite effective at his aims. Perhaps that has some folks worried. The response I would expect is for people to respond that they aren't in fact worried about the prominence he has achieved in such a short while (which is proven false by the variety of responses already in this thread to the contrary and the level of vitriol he has evoked in some conservative posters).

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
When did this go down?

I watch Laura every day, twice even.

I don't remember her saying this about Hogg. Then again, I'm not looking for any little thing to nail her with.

Anyway, she is not mean spirited.

That kid wants a national stage? He better be able to take some flack.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

You don't find it a little bit odd that a 17 year old is pushing an agenda to deny gun ownership to anyone under 21 because they aren't mature enough?

So on the one hand we're supposed to give him credibility but on the other hand he's under 21 so he's not smart enough nor mature enough to exercise a right.

If he can't handle a right like the 2nd Amendment at his age, why should it be assumed that he can handle every other right?

Unless your whole premise is to just remove rights and ban firearms and piss all over freedoms.

Then never mind.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I am not worried about this kid at all.

He is smug, arrogant, and ignorant. But he's a kid.

Now the media and politicians using him as a tool are what is truly disgusting.

And it's hypocritical, as they have different standards for the kids that support the 2nd amendment.

That's my interest in the story.

More evidence of the virtue signaling, viciously attacking tactics of progressives that will say the vilest things about their opponents, and cry that they are victims as soon as someone responds.

Cultural Marxism at it's finest.

Children must be listened to and can't be attacked.

Unless they disagree with our politics, then they are disgusting and we can attack or ignore them.

edit on 30-3-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Ah, the old spin on "if you have a problem with this, then there must be a problem you" argument.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

So far Kyle is the classiest one here.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Eichenwald claimed that he was trying to insult a different kid

Well then, as long as it was a different kid he was trying to insult then I don't see the problem you have with it. There are only certain kinds of kids you don't insult, the rest it is okay to insult.

I find your way of thinking insulting, which reflects my moral superiority over yours.

Kyle Kashuv ✔ @KyleKashuv On a more serious note, Kurt: If you made a mistake and you’re truly sorry, apology accepted. We should all be more forgiving — including you (and others) of Laura Ingraham. When will you and MSNBC do the same for Laura? twitter.com... …

Take this kid for instance. He knows his role. He has no choice but to be nice to his moral superiors and he knows it. We all know it.

Actually the vitriol from both sides, not excluding myself, would start to take a new direction if more people like Kyle existed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join