It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC host insults Parkland student; time for boycotts?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

So what you're essentially saying is there is no need to take alook at these laws and policies to see if they need to be changed?

No GD.

Read the Bill of Rights.

No where in that GD piece of paper says I or any other ADULT is suppose to be held answerable to a capital or otherwise infamous crime.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

So in the end she *did* do the Christian thing. She apologized and asked for forgiveness!

Understand, being Christian doesn't mean being perfect. It does mean recognizing when one screws up.
edit on 30-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: neo96

except they should be debated on the issues and not personally attacked.

Running around calling for gun control is a personal attack on 300 million Americans.

They're mass shooters just waiting to happen.

That's not true. Just like Seat Belt laws aren't an attack on Drivers and Drinking laws aren't an attack on Drunks. There was a shooting, they were effected, they need to vent and we need to have a discussion. That's hardly taking away your rights.

And it is OK to question them and oppose their viewpoint. That is OK.....and does not mean we are trying to silence them. Opposition opinions are just that....we do not all have to follow like lemmings over the cliff.

Think for yourself of the larger scale ramifications of their veiled message that is being driven by those older than them with a long standing political agenda.

Don't be a lemming.

I'm not a lemming. Are you? I agree that there should be position discussions and view points. My whole point here is with that fake Christian Imgraham turning what was a golden opportunity to put in some good points in this discussion into instulting a minor about his grades and his college admissions...that's not opposition view points. If you think it is, you might be a lemming.

So just to clarify, saying a kid is whining means you arent a real christian?

Wow.

No that's not clear. Insulting a kid publicly about something NOT even related to the discussion at hand, shows that you aren't a real Christian. Let's be clear. It should all be about what would Jesus do Jesus wouldn't say "your dumb". Seriously. christians aren't supposed to insult kids like that. She admitted it was bad afterwards. Even she knew it was bad.

I will admit to not being a bilical scholar.

But i thought the bilble said all humans sin.

I missed the oart saying that if you say a kid is whining, that proves you are not a real christian.

Perhaps you can quote me some scripture?

To the contrary, I htought that apologizing and asking forgiveness is a chirstian thing to do.

The real issue is you have some axe to grind with this christian thing.

Well, seeing as how that is your standard, I agian point you vback to your name calling such as "scumbag" to point out you are immoral and not a christian, and I hope that you dont have people call for your job due to your hurtful immorality.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It is also possible that someone who has put his character in the spotlight as much as Hogg has lately has torpedoed himself on the college front. At a time when people are starting to become deeply skeptical of the environment many of these campuses harbor, how eager would you be as an administration to take on someone as intensely public and divisive as David Hogg?

It could be. Abosolutely. But that's a consequence he'll have to deal with when the time comes. Great lesson for him. But even if that's the case, it shouldn't be up for insult by a mature adult in this discussion. LIke I said earlier, tell him he's wrong, tell him hes' effecting our constitutional rights, tell him he's short sighted, Tell him he needs to grow up, Tell him he needs to experience the real world, tell him your angry because his actions could effect you, but don't stoop to personal insults.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You keep harping on this Christian thing.

Ask yourself, if you didn't know that, would you care?

Yes. Grown adults don't personally attack those under 18. Further more grown adults don't stoop to these kind of insults and degrading comments to anyone without appearing petty.

I don't like Trump, but I'll tell you why and it's always because of an action that he did or something that he said, you'll never hear me call him the Orange one or insult his kids or his wife, or whatever. Because...I'm an adult.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

It is also possible that someone who has put his character in the spotlight as much as Hogg has lately has torpedoed himself on the college front. At a time when people are starting to become deeply skeptical of the environment many of these campuses harbor, how eager would you be as an administration to take on someone as intensely public and divisive as David Hogg?

It could be. Abosolutely. But that's a consequence he'll have to deal with when the time comes. Great lesson for him. But even if that's the case, it shouldn't be up for insult by a mature adult in this discussion. LIke I said earlier, tell him he's wrong, tell him hes' effecting our constitutional rights, tell him he's short sighted, Tell him he needs to grow up, Tell him he needs to experience the real world, tell him your angry because his actions could effect you, but don't stoop to personal insults.

How is telling him he needs to grow up much better than saying he is whining?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Further more grown adults don't stoop to these kind of insults and degrading comments to anyone without appearing petty.

I don't like Trump, but I'll tell you why and it's always because of an action that he did or something that he said, you'll never hear me call him the Orange one or insult his kids or his wife, or whatever. Because...I'm an adult.

Quote from you on this thread.

She's always been a scumbag. I'm all for boycotting or turning the channel for any of these scumbags..

How very adult of you!

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Further more grown adults don't stoop to these kind of insults and degrading comments to anyone without appearing petty.

She's always been a scumbag. I'm all for boycotting or turning the channel for any of these scumbags..

How very adult of you!

And not very Christian of them to insult someone by calling them scumbags, and not offering an apology.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You know what?

This moron has insulted every single person he's come into contact with who hasn't immediately agreed with him since this things has started.

I hate to say it, but since most who everyone has respectfully disagreed with him and been heaped with nothing but abuse, it's honestly about time he get taken to the woodshed.
edit on 30-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

So what you're essentially saying is there is no need to take alook at these laws and policies to see if they need to be changed?

No GD.

Read the Bill of Rights.

No where in that GD piece of paper says I or any other ADULT is suppose to be held answerable to a capital or otherwise infamous crime.

But you'r wrong. Yeah we don't change the constitution etc etc, but we do change the laws the come after that. That's what I'm talking about

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So in the end she *did* do the Christian thing. She apologized and asked for forgiveness!

Understand, being Christian doesn't mean being perfect. It does mean recognizing when one screws up.

You are correct. But I don't see her apology as authentic. And yes, how would I know for sure, but it appears, to me, that she only did that after the backlash.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Nope.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

www.law.cornell.edu...

but we do change the laws the come after that.

So take the guns and snip all over due process eh.

Sieg Heil.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It's all about context and how you say it, of course. When you just say he's whinning. It seems like stop complaining about the freinds that got shot. That's callous. It's all in how you say it and the context.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

How very adult of you!

True, i'm not perfect. But Ingraham has a history insulting and degrading people. She's been in the news about this kind of behavior before.

Still keep in mind two things. She's not a minor, and I didn't stoop to a personal insult like her grade point average in high school or what college she got accepted into or didn't get accpeted into or her looks or anything like that.

I call her that because she's a mean hateful person pretending to be a Christian, who only feels badly about insutling a kid when the backlash get's too hot and she's afraid of losing sponsors.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It's all about context and how you say it, of course. When you just say he's whinning. It seems like stop complaining about the freinds that got shot. That's callous. It's all in how you say it and the context.

And what was your context justified for the use of the word scumbag then? Because, you have not offered an apology at all.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You know what?

This moron has insulted every single person he's come into contact with who hasn't immediately agreed with him since this things has started.

I hate to say it, but since most who everyone has respectfully disagreed with him and been heaped with nothing but abuse, it's honestly about time he get taken to the woodshed.

Like I said earlier, then take him to the woodshed. You'll notice I'm not really defending anything he's said specifically.
He's said some crappy things that I can't defend. Only that an Adult should be above petty insults. He can be taken down. You just did it. You called him a moron and then said why very specifically. That's how you do it. You didn't make fun of anything personal about it. You just proved how an adult should react to him.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Nope.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

www.law.cornell.edu...

but we do change the laws the come after that.

So take the guns and snip all over due process eh.

Sieg Heil.

You're taking what I'm saying to an extreme. Look at some laws change if need to, leave em if they're still working for us.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You know what?

Like I said earlier, then take him to the woodshed. You'll notice I'm not really defending anything he's said specifically.
He's said some crappy things that I can't defend. Only that an Adult should be above petty insults. He can be taken down. You just did it. You called him a moron and then said why very specifically. That's how you do it. You didn't make fun of anything personal about it. You just proved how an adult should react to him.

And, if you want to play semantics here, I have an observation for you.

She called his ACTIONS whining, and did not attack him personally calling him a whiner. That is addressing his behavior and actions, not him as a person. Saying someone is whining is not calling them a whiner. It is saying, that the current actions and behavior is akin to the whining a child does when they do not get their way.

If anything, she was calling him a child, which you have repeatedly stated and reinforced here in this thread.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You are correct. But I don't see her apology as authentic. And yes, how would I know for sure, but it appears, to me, that she only did that after the backlash.

It's clear you don't. It's also clear you don't like her at all. Fair enough.

However, I think it's a bit biased to come after her when the Twit-verse is literally littered with far more toxic examples of behavior and denigration then what she did in this instance, and many of those by big name people.

All you have to do is read a site like Twitchy and you'll see it every day.

What should concern you is that someone like Hogg who really knows next to nothing about what he's crusading over can wield this degree of power ... over anyone ... who runs afoul of him and what he wants. Was what Ingraham said nice in the strictest sense? No. It wasn't, but it was far the vilest thing that could have been said too, and it was loads nicer than a lot of the things Hogg himself has said to people.

And he called down the wrath of social justice on her ... not over guns or the NRA, but over the fact that she. hurt. his. feelings! That's it. No more; no less. That's a *lot* of power people have put in this kid. You should be a bit worried about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

And what was your context justified for the use of the word scumbag then? Because, you have not offered an apology at all.

Okay...so what is a scumbag...that's usually a generic term for someone you don't like that does something unlikable. A better word would be a Jerk. A Jerk is also known as an Ahole.

Is Ingraham a Jerk? I would say yes. Why? She insulted a minor with a petty personal attack that wasn't based on the relevant discussion. She did this from a position of power...like I said she has a huge following in radio, TV, Books, speaking engagements etc. She has a lot of respect. Her followers...well they follow her. She has power.

She used that power to hurl childish insults at a minor. I'd call that a jerk. She's done jerky things in the past. You can google her.

I won't appologize for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join