It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC host insults Parkland student; time for boycotts?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Krakatoa
So, how does this Hogg "kid" feel about the bullying and other horrible treatment the shooter endured in that school? He seems to not like being "bullied", so did he feel that badly about the bullying before the kid got to the point of not return and decided to take revenge upon his tormentors in the school?

Why do I think he was one of those involved in the bullying of the shooter.....just a feeling.

I keep seeing this quoted, but can't find any sources to confirm other than hearsay. I've also found several others that quoted Cruz as the one who did the bullying (which of course holds as much water as the former).

Why am I seeing so many blame the victims of a mass shooting for not kowtowing to a psychopath? Why am I seeing people expecting children to handle psychopaths (as if it's their responsibility to do so)?

It's called a historic review and educated guess using former school shooters as an example. It is not victim blaming at all.....it is calling out hypocrisy and common bloody sense.

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this.."
Doctor: "Well, don't do that."

edit on 3/30/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

So, how does this Hogg "kid" feel about the bullying and other horrible treatment the shooter endured in that school? He seems to not like being "bullied", so did he feel that badly about the bullying before the kid got to the point of not return and decided to take revenge upon his tormentors in the school?

Why do I think he was one of those involved in the bullying of the shooter.....just a feeling.

Why am I seeing so many blame the victims of a mass shooting for not kowtowing to a psychopath? Why am I seeing people expecting children to handle psychopaths (as if it's their responsibility to do so)?

Yes, I agree.

I dont care if the killer was bullied. He gets no sympathy or even the slightest thought to how he could have been some sort of victim.

He is a psycho scum bag, and I dont care if he was picked on.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Imo he should've been hung the day after.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yes, I agree.

I dont care if the killer was bullied. He gets no sympathy or even the slightest thought to how he could have been some sort of victim.

What bothers me is the blatant hypocrisy I have seen from these "kids" that openly admit they bullied him, and they were somehow justified. Well, you poke a bear enough, it will attack you.

DUH!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I keep seeing this quoted, but can't find any sources to confirm other than hearsay. I've also found several others that quoted Cruz as the one who did the bullying (which of course holds as much water as the former).

Yep! Emotional BS that questioning a child about dictating a policy is bullying a victim! You might want to spend another 60k on your education because your presentation of propaganda SUCKS!!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes, I agree.

What bothers me is the blatant hypocrisy I have seen from these "kids" that openly admit they bullied him, and they were somehow justified. Well, you poke a bear enough, it will attack you.

DUH!!!!

Look Hogg has acted as a bully to anyone who disagrees with hinm, saying the vilest personal attacks, and then responded like the biggest victim when Ingraham said he was whining, called for boycotts, refused to acceot apologies, and said we all need to love thy neighbor.

That is enough for me to call him a hypocrite.

I will not give any thought at all to if they were mean to the piece of garbage that shot up the school.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I guess many of the advertisers weren’t into “the spirit of Holy week” as Ingram so disingenuously tried to claim that she was.

Actually, she was in the spirit of the fear of losing any more advertisers.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I guess many of the advertisers weren’t into “the spirit of Holy week” as Ingram so disingenuously tried to claim that she was.

Actually, she was in the spirit of the fear of losing any more advertisers.

Hey yeah!!!!

Meanwhile not a word to say about the MSNBC contributor doing the same thing!!

Cool!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yep! Emotional BS that questioning a child about dictating a policy is bullying a victim! You might want to spend another 60k on your education because your presentation of propaganda SUCKS!!!!!

I can't really parse the first part of your reply here. Krakatoa claimed the Hogg was bullying Cruz, so my query was in direct response to that assertion. My 'Propaganda' as you put it is in relation to that primary claim. I would genuinely like to hear your explanation for why you feel it's propaganda and how you feel differently, rather than silly underhanded quips about my education.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yes, I agree.

DUH!!!!

Look Hogg has acted as a bully to anyone who disagrees with hinm, saying the vilest personal attacks, and then responded like the biggest victim when Ingraham said he was whining, called for boycotts, refused to acceot apologies, and said we all need to love thy neighbor.

I will not give any thought at all to if they were mean to the piece of garbage that shot up the school.

And that is the reason I can safely assume he was one of the bullies in the school, and is using his victim-hood to continue the behavior of bullying those that oppose his views. It got him on TV and famous after all! He got all that he wanted and more, all as a result of being rewarded for bullying people.

Do not think others have not seen this and will follow his lead.

Shameful...and disgusting.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: amazing

except they should be debated on the issues and not personally attacked.

Running around calling for gun control is a personal attack on 300 million Americans.

They're mass shooters just waiting to happen.

That's not true. Just like Seat Belt laws aren't an attack on Drivers and Drinking laws aren't an attack on Drunks. There was a shooting, they were effected, they need to vent and we need to have a discussion. That's hardly taking away your rights.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Except she didn't really insult him so much as point out the inconvenient truth -- admissions weighting comes back to bite you. Hogg likely fully endorses affirmative action admissions standards even though he was likely the victim of them here.

Why talk about grades and college admission when that's not the primary issue here? She did insult him. If an adult would have said that about my son, we'd be at war. I'd make sure she was fired if it was the last thing I did.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yes, I agree.

DUH!!!!

I was under the assumption that Hogg was doing this to Laura Ingraham because she mocked his college acceptance stats (or lack thereof). Is that not correct? Did Hogg attack her first in some way?

link   

I can't really parse the first part of your reply here. Krakatoa claimed the Hogg was bullying Cruz, so my query was in direct response to that assertion. My 'Propaganda' as you put it is in relation to that primary claim. I would genuinely like to hear your explanation for why you feel it's propaganda and how you feel differently, rather than silly underhanded quips about my education.

You misread my post. I never claimed it as fact. Please re-read, I was making an educated guess based upon prior school shooter profiles and Hoggs own behavior following this incident.

But, please, continue to defend this verbal piece of garbage. It is, after all your protected first amendment right. as it is mine to question and oppose his rhetoric.

See how that works?

link   
a reply to: Grambler

'Beta-males in catfights with women and the internet'

This is a mans world - you #ers all need to step up to the plate and sort this sh!t out.

link   

Yes, I agree.

DUH!!!!

And that is the reason I can safely assume ...

But you just admited its just an assumption. You are basing your whole position not on a fact but an assumption.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: neo96

except they should be debated on the issues and not personally attacked.

Running around calling for gun control is a personal attack on 300 million Americans.

They're mass shooters just waiting to happen.

That's not true. Just like Seat Belt laws aren't an attack on Drivers and Drinking laws aren't an attack on Drunks. There was a shooting, they were effected, they need to vent and we need to have a discussion. That's hardly taking away your rights.

And it is OK to question them and oppose their viewpoint. That is OK.....and does not mean we are trying to silence them. Opposition opinions are just that....we do not all have to follow like lemmings over the cliff.

Think for yourself of the larger scale ramifications of their veiled message that is being driven by those older than them with a long standing political agenda.

Don't be a lemming.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: carewemust
The students are now activists, and fair game for criticism... like all activists.

except they should be debated on the issues and not personally attacked. Only those with low intelligence would attack a child because he's protesting. In fact it's not really low intelligence, it's Fear. Fear and hate and maybe a mental illness would cause an adult to personally attack a kid? That's all I can think of. Mature, well adjusted adults don't do that.

So, if we wait a year (I believe he is 17 now), and he is then legally an adult, it would be OK with you to attack him then? Just clarifying your position....and trying to determine if you truly are concerned about his age or just using his current age as a talking point for your own partisan rhetoric.

It's both. And I realize that with high schoolers there's a line of maturity. When do they cross it? I use 18 because that's the line that we use for voting and joining the military and not being a minor.

So in my mind he is still a snot nosed kid. Hands off. You should never attack a kid (High school age or younger personally) Also in my mind, you don't personally attack anyone when discussing the issues. Discuss the issues.

Even worse is that Ingraham is a "Christian" Where are the Christian values of insulting someone publicly about grades and college admissions? That's pathetic.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yes, I agree.

DUH!!!!

And that is the reason I can safely assume ...

But you just admited its just an assumption. You are basing your whole position not on a fact but an assumption.

Correct. That is why it is an opinion, genius.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You misread my post. I never claimed it as fact. Please re-read, I was making an educated guess based upon prior school shooter profiles and Hoggs own behavior following this incident.

But, please, continue to defend this verbal piece of garbage. It is, after all your protected first amendment right. as it is mine to question and oppose his rhetoric.

See how that works?

You said, "He seems to not like being "bullied", so did he feel that badly about the bullying before the kid got to the point of not return and decided to take revenge upon his tormentors in the school? "

which I read directly as (Hogg - the subject of your post) "bullying (Crus) before the kid (Crus) got to the point of not return and decided to take revenge upon his tormentors (Hogg and classmates) in the school.

If I have grossly misunderstood your post I apologize, but I'd appreciate a clarification so I can endeavor to understand you better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join