It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science proves Earth is Flat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: heineken

I watched the video in its entirety the other day. Because I am open minded and already familiar with how nearly 100% of NASA photos are CGI, even by their own admission.

It is interesting how so many people refuse to believe anything the government says and shows them, EXCEPT NASA. The scientific method is an incredible process for helping to explain certain phenomenas, but the cult of SCIENTISM, with its priests like Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Albert Einstein, Bill Nye, etc, has hoodwinked humanity into blindly believing their words, and completely discounting your own senses and experiences as unreliable.

If you think scientists like Albert Einstein are lying to you then feel free to throw your computer in the trash (electricity, you can't see that! it can't exist then). I wouldn't recommend going to the hospital (can't trust them to save your life). Maybe don't drive a car (can't trust their safety).

People with an ax to grind against science always come off as such hypocrites when they are obviously taking advantage of many of the things science has provided to the world to make their lives easier. But THAT stuff doesn't count, right? If you really cared to question science, you'd subscribe to a scientific journal and write peer reviews of content being released. But no, youtube is good enough for you to say that scientists who spend their whole lives studying their field don't know what they are talking about.

Hmm, I don't recall saying all of that. It seems this is a rather touchy issue for you, I see you fly off the handle in many threads. Perhaps a conspiracy site isn't where you should be spending all of your time, since you don't appear to believe in many?

Anyway, have a nice weekend, I hope your day improves.

Damn right it is touchy. People just blanket doubt science on these forums all the time. You even called out Albert Einstein. There are too many internet scientists who feel like they are smarter than established science for centuries just because and it is ruining our country. There is a man who doesn't believe in science in charge of the EPA because of this nonsense.

Also, who said I don't believe in conspiracies? There certainly ARE conspiracies I believe in. I just don't reflexively believe every piece of nonsense that gets posted here JUST because it comes from alternative sources. Hell alternative sources are more suspect than MSM sources. Not to mention, you aren't the ATS police I have every right to post here whether you like it or not.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If Flat earth were true then that would mean we have thousands of scientists who are so incompetent that they can't even discover flat earth with all our technology. Then there would need to be thousands of protectors of the truth. People who write false scientific entries to mislead other scientists. Navy and air to prevent travelers from discovering the truth.

Also, how the hell does a flat earth even exist in reality? Who built the dome, or the ice wall? What is beyond the 3D space of a flat dome earth?

Preventing thousands of scientists from even getting to see the holes in their global earth lie would be a seemingly impossible task.

If the powers that be can keep so many scientists naive and blind, what chance does an average joe have? O wait, we have YouTube science!!!!!!! The war is won!!!
edit on 30-3-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I watched the video in its entirety the other day. Because I am open minded and already familiar with how nearly 100% of NASA photos are CGI, even by their own admission.

It is interesting how so many people refuse to believe anything the government says and shows them, EXCEPT NASA. The scientific method is an incredible process for helping to explain certain phenomenas, but the cult of SCIENTISM, with its priests like Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Albert Einstein, Bill Nye, etc, has hoodwinked humanity into blindly believing their words, and completely discounting your own senses and experiences as unreliable.

If you think scientists like Albert Einstein are lying to you then feel free to throw your computer in the trash (electricity, you can't see that! it can't exist then). I wouldn't recommend going to the hospital (can't trust them to save your life). Maybe don't drive a car (can't trust their safety).

People with an ax to grind against science always come off as such hypocrites when they are obviously taking advantage of many of the things science has provided to the world to make their lives easier. But THAT stuff doesn't count, right? If you really cared to question science, you'd subscribe to a scientific journal and write peer reviews of content being released. But no, youtube is good enough for you to say that scientists who spend their whole lives studying their field don't know what they are talking about.

Hmm, I don't recall saying all of that. It seems this is a rather touchy issue for you, I see you fly off the handle in many threads. Perhaps a conspiracy site isn't where you should be spending all of your time, since you don't appear to believe in many?

Anyway, have a nice weekend, I hope your day improves.

Damn right it is touchy. People just blanket doubt science on these forums all the time. You even called out Albert Einstein. There are too many internet scientists who feel like they are smarter than established science for centuries just because and it is ruining our country. There is a man who doesn't believe in science in charge of the EPA because of this nonsense.

Also, who said I don't believe in conspiracies? There certainly ARE conspiracies I believe in. I just don't reflexively believe every piece of nonsense that gets posted here JUST because it comes from alternative sources. Hell alternative sources are more suspect than MSM sources. Not to mention, you aren't the ATS police I have every right to post here whether you like it or not.

Mmmmmmmkay.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Raggedyman

Actually it's not a theory. Please learn what a theory is and you will realize why. Here is a good place to start.

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]
a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:

There is no properly conducted test that yields a flat Earth result, therefore it is not theory, merely delusional ramblings.

I think there are quite a few people who have claimed its true and have used science to prove it, right or wrong
Or do you decide who gets to call something a theory and we all have to accept your definition

I have read alternative definitions to yours, you don't get to decide, sorry

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Is that the science that said cigarettes were healthy, glyphosate was drinkable and didn't harm you, blood letting was an effective cure, no need to wash your hands before medical procedures and on and on and on, all these smart people scientists who know everything

Science self-corrects when it shows itself to be wrong. At least science still isn't saying that some dude walked on water and rose from the dead with no evidence to show for it.

The flat earth is a theory, don't you accept theory as the truth ks, as a scientific fact, ks you logically accept flat earth don't deny it

You make me laugh

No it isn't even CLOSE to a theory. It's barely a hypothesis. Just because some idiot put the word "theory" at the end of the idea doesn't make it so.

It's ok KS, if you want to believe in a flat earth, that's fine by me, no judgement from me
You can believe whatever you want, free will.
Go ahead, it's fine, science rules everything and you can touch it like its a rock in your pocket

Why do you think science has to self correct, science is wrong or science doesn't self correct, just stupid scientists get the information wrong so have to correct their poor science and data
You don't understand science, never have, probably never will.
edit on 30-3-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Is that the science that said cigarettes were healthy, glyphosate was drinkable and didn't harm you, blood letting was an effective cure, no need to wash your hands before medical procedures and on and on and on, all these smart people scientists who know everything

Science self-corrects when it shows itself to be wrong. At least science still isn't saying that some dude walked on water and rose from the dead with no evidence to show for it.

The flat earth is a theory, don't you accept theory as the truth ks, as a scientific fact, ks you logically accept flat earth don't deny it

You make me laugh

No it isn't even CLOSE to a theory. It's barely a hypothesis. Just because some idiot put the word "theory" at the end of the idea doesn't make it so.

It's ok KS, if you want to believe in a flat earth, that's fine by me, no judgement from me
You can believe whatever you want, free will.
Go ahead, it's fine, science rules everything and you can touch it like its a rock in your pocket

Just stop.

Why do you think science has to self correct, science is wrong or science doesn't self correct, just stupid scientists get the information wrong so have to correct their poor science and data
You don't understand science, never have, probably never will.

Because that is how the scientific method works. Again it's better than guessing once and never changing your mind again no matter what evidence is presented to the contrary like religion. Seriously, your problems with science are ridiculous. Humans got something wrong, admitted their mistake and corrected when shown to be wrong? THAT METHOD OF DISCOVERY IS WRONG!

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Actually it's not a theory. Please learn what a theory is and you will realize why. Here is a good place to start.

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]
a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:

There is no properly conducted test that yields a flat Earth result, therefore it is not theory, merely delusional ramblings.

I think there are quite a few people who have claimed its true and have used science to prove it, right or wrong
Or do you decide who gets to call something a theory and we all have to accept your definition

Theory has a specific meaning in science, sorry you were wrong. There are no people who have proven it with science, zero. Flat Earth is as easy to disprove as getting on an airplane.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well said ZZ.

Is Scientism not similar to religions?
Are they not both belief systems?

What's the difference between believing what NDG Tyson tells you, and what a preist tells you?

What do you know, and what do you believe?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Just stop, you accept all theory, bashed at me for not accepting all theory
You must accept flat earth, why wouldn't you?
It's a serious question ks
Some people think flat earth is rational, have scientific evidence, making it a theory

I will stop when you learn to stop

My problem is not with science, it's with the mindless lemmings who accept all theories and don't question them
That accept anything that comes out of a scientists mouth as a papal bull

People like you who trumpet science and turn it into a religion

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Is Scientism not similar to religions? Are they not both belief systems?

Uh...no.

One is built on testable information, one is built on belief.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Just stop, you accept all theory, bashed at me for not accepting all theory
You must accept flat earth, why wouldn't you?
It's a serious question ks
Some people think flat earth is rational, have scientific evidence, making it a theory

NO! It isn't a theory, even if people say it is. There is a very REAL scientific definition of a scientific theory that Flat Earth belief doesn't meet. It's just that simple. What you are doing is being willfully ignorant. This is like saying the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a Republic just because the name is in the title. It's lazy and ignorant arguing.

I will stop when you learn to stop

My problem is not with science, it's with the mindless lemmings who accept all theories and don't question them
That accept anything that comes out of a scientists mouth as a papal bull

Who says that we don't question them? You? I question theories all the time, yet I never find evidence to show they are wrong.

People like you who trumpet science and turn it into a religion

You don't know the first thing about the scientific method.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Well said ZZ.

What's the difference between believing what NDG Tyson tells you, and what a preist tells you?

"Scientism" is a made up word by anti-science people who are too dumb to argue scientifically against theories so instead try to lower it to the level of religion's analysis.
edit on 30-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What I appreciate most about this thread is how all the folk who profess scientific acumen explained flaws or errors in the experiments and theories instead of name-calling and ridicule. Oh wait, wrong thread.

I'm no flat earther, but I do see some of the arguments I've seen as suggesting, at the very least, that our currents maths are at least off by a bit. Like degree of curvature as offset by spheroid maybe?

I did watch the whole film and it raised some interesting points, but A.) there's no way to judge the integrity of the experiments and B.) I'm not sure what factors might impact or negate the laser "test" aspect other than incorrect assessment of relative elevation against commonly accepted degree of curvature in relation to a spheroid shape or flat out faking.

On a side note: I wonder how this was all financed?

A related question I have would be that--if there did turn out to be discrepancies in our "maths"--would a geocentric model explain such discrepancies or do the two theories contradict each other.

Asking for a really stoopid friend.

edit on 30-3-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I can get on an airplane tomorrow and prove FE is wrong. I need no faith.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

Theory has a specific meaning in science, sorry you were wrong. There are no people who have proven it with science, zero. Flat Earth is as easy to disprove as getting on an airplane.

Well NO
It is a theory, I have seen the scientific evidence, have read people who consider what they believe is rational, we might not think it rational but they do
You don't get to choose what others decide is rational, you are not the dictator, you don't decide what others think

I don't think ks's faith in science is any different to my faith in Jesus, none, but I don't expect him to accept what I believe no more than you decide what another thinks is rational

You and I may think the flat earth is easy to disprove, but that doesn't prove anything scientificaly, what will prove it scientificaly? Answers based on science to the questions posed, answers to the questions flat earthers have
What won't, brow beating and bitching at others how smart you think you are without science to prove it

You are just another follower of scientism the religion

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well said ZZ.

"Scientism" is a made up word by anti-science people who are too dumb to argue scientifically against theories so instead try to lower it to the level of religion's analysis.

Arnt all words made up ks?
Think about it is

I like the way that you talk down to people instead of using real scientific data like you are to dumb to use science
You just say "scientists know, I believe their theories"
Mmmmmmmmmk🙈🙉🙊

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well said ZZ.

Think about it is

I like the way that you talk down to people instead of using real scientific data like you are to dumb to use science
Mmmmmmmmmk🙈🙉🙊

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Think about it is

Oh please... You know what I meant. Feigning ignorance isn't cute.

Mmmmmmmmmk🙈🙉🙊

I have said none of that. YOU put those words in my mouth. If anyone were to bother asking I can easily prove the world is round. It isn't hard. You can do it by walking outside and looking at the horizon. Your eyesight can see stars millions of light years away yet we can't see China. If the world were flat then that wouldn't be the case. And that is just basic stuff.

Hell satellite orbits also prove the world is round because their orbits are mathematically calculated assuming the world is round not flat.
edit on 30-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I'll go this far. The Earth is as flat as the girl in that video.

Now that is something we can all agree on-and speaking of globes...can you imagine the effect on the globe manufacturing industry if the world was proven to be flat?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well do that and we won't have to suffer another flat earth thread
Bring back the evidence and show those with the questions why they are wrong

Now why don't I think that will happen I wonder?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join