It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's Legislature Could Care Less About Public Safety, It's About Retaining Politcal Power

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I think that the most humorous part of the pro illegal argument is that the liberals willingly exploit the illegals for sub standard wages. "What American would even do those jobs at that wage?".

So EVERY owner of EVERY company that employs illegals at substandard wages are liberals? I'm interested in knowing where you got that research from.

Never fails to make me smile. They seem so robber Baron/capitalistic when they talk like that.

It never fails to make me smile when people employ logical fallacies to prove their silly talking points.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How is California being bankrupted? It's the 6th largest economy in the world.

California is in debt somewhere between 800 BILLION and 1.3 TRILLION. Yeah, great economy.

californiapolicycenter.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

That didn't answer the question I asked. Having debt doesn't mean you're bankrupt. Ever hard of the terms "good debt" and "bad debt" before? You must think all those massively rich people who are severely leveraged in debt are all bankrupt too, huh?

Nice deflection btw.
edit on 30-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Most of their debt isn't "Good Debt". It's not Debt that's growing their economy.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Are any of you going to actually answer my question or are you all in deflection mode because you know I'm right? CA isn't bankrupt.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So most business owners in CA aren't Liberal? Try a little harder.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So most business owners in CA aren't Liberal? Try a little harder.

1) I don't know the political leanings of most business owners in CA; and it sounds like you are just blankly assuming they are liberal without any evidence
2) Illegals exist in more states and are being employed by businesses than just CA and their businesses.

So take your own advice. Try a little harder. That response was WEAKSAUCE.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Well if we take party demographics as a sample of business owners in CA, we find they lean heavily democratic. This isn't new news.

In February 2013, California had 18,055,783 registered voters, comprising about 47% of its total population of 38.43 million. Of those registered voters, 7,932,373 (43.9 percent) were registered Democrats, and 5,225,675 (28.9 percent) were Republicans.

Estimated unauthorized immigrant population, by state, 2014
California has by far the largest number of unauthorized immigrants, about 2.3 million in 2014.

Stop giving me softballs to hit.
edit on 30-3-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I guess that works if you are a simpleton and think there is a 1:1 correlation between the voting preferences of the state versus the voting preferences of business owners in the state. Me I need to see evidence that correlation is valid before I make such an obnoxious leap in logic. Maybe instead of seeking to confirm your biases, you should seek to deny some ignorance? Stop making assumptions and prove your point.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I guess that works if you are a simpleton and think there is a 1:1 correlation between the voting preferences of the state versus the voting preferences of business owners in the state. Me I need to see evidence that correlation is valid before I make such an obnoxious leap in logic. Maybe instead of seeking to confirm your biases, you should seek to deny some ignorance? Stop making assumptions and prove your point.

If business owners in CA were predominantly Republicans, you would find more Republican elected officials there. Silicon Valley leans heavily Left as do other main industries based there.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is not just the state of California, but in many states in the country.

There are many problems, however the one about the homeless, there is a reason for a good majority of them. In that aspect, the homeless tend to be in one of 5 categories. The first is that there are those that are addicted to either drugs or alcohol. The second are those who have serious mental problems, that was put out on the street when many of the mental hospitals were closed down. And the third group are those just released from prison, where no one will hire them at all. The fourth group are those that are out there, cause they gave up, down trodden and the recession did not help at all. The 5 are those who scam people by appearing homeless and it hurts many.

But truth be told, those that have mental issues, that segment was caused by the Republicans cutting and undermining the very national bill that was designed to assist those who were turned out of the mental institutions.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

If business owners in CA were predominantly Republicans, you would find more Republican elected officials there. Silicon Valley leans heavily Left as do other main industries based there.

Not every business in CA is located in Silicon Valley you know? Seriously, go find a source to prove your point instead of just assuming you are right. I'm not going to budge on my position until you do. I know you've already convinced yourself you are right, but you are trying to convince ME not yourself. Go find some evidence.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I think that the most humorous part of the pro illegal argument is that the liberals willingly exploit the illegals for sub standard wages. "What American would even do those jobs at that wage?".

Never fails to make me smile. They seem so robber Baron/capitalistic when they talk like that.

CA is a wreck in so many ways...truly a dystopia of haves and have-nots pushed to the extreme.

And when both camps get tired of it, where do you think they diffuse to?

I stayed in an apartment complex in California. On one side of the complex wall were landscaped gardens, a hot tub, swimming pool, community room and drinks vending machine. On the other side of one of the complex walls was a supermarket and those bandit looking Mexicans would buy bottles of liquor, get drunk and crash out.

People are always moving into California, and they are also always moving out. I heard they were moving to Colorado and Texas.
edit on 30-3-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Surprisingly, the articles are hard to search for either way for Political preference of businesses in CA. Not big enough interest for me to care. This will be the extent of my research.

There is this though:

A review of campaign finance filings confirms the conventional wisdom that labor unions, representing private sector and government workers, contribute big bucks to Democrats. But so, too, do corporations. In 2016, more than $7.3 million in donations to the California Democratic Party's main bank account came from utility, telecommunications and healthcare companies. That's more than one-quarter of the cash received for spending on state campaigns.

Even Big Oil gives to Dems in CA

Then there are donations from the oil industry. Late last year, state Democratic Party leaders imposed a ban on oil industry contributions. That decision came less than three months after a consumer advocacy group filed a state campaign finance complaint, alleging the party had quietly moved oil company cash into Gov. Jerry Brown's 2014 reelection effort — though much of that complaint was dismissed last week.

And in classic Dem Style, they ban Donations only after receiving them.

Of course, the party's ban came only after collecting some $575,000 from oil interests, including $415,000 from Chevron.

Link

Another link proving the same point

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Well put together.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

"Could NOT care less" is the proper way to phrase what you're saying.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So circumstantial evidence and an example of democratic shenanigans? Ok. That still doesn't prove that most business owners are liberal in CA. So are you aware that the northern part of the state is more conservative than the southern part?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So circumstantial evidence and an example of democratic shenanigans? Ok. That still doesn't prove that most business owners are liberal in CA. So are you aware that the northern part of the state is more conservative than the southern part?

Good Lord. Yes I am aware of the political leanings in various parts of CA. That still doesn't negate my assumption that the since the majority of the State is overwhelmingly Democratic, that most business owners there would tend to be Democrat as well. More Business people donate to Dems than Republicans there.

I've proven my point as best can be done, you have offered no data to dispute my contention. If you have some, please post it.

Not every business is Democratic in CA, just the majority of them.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Good Lord. Yes I am aware of the political leanings in various parts of CA. That still doesn't negate my assumption that the since the majority of the State is overwhelmingly Democratic, that most business owners there would tend to be Democrat as well. More Business people donate to Dems than Republicans there.

AHA! Now you are being honest with yourself and admitting that you are only assuming.

I've proven my point as best can be done, you have offered no data to dispute my contention. If you have some, please post it.

I didn't make any claims. I just doubted yours. You don't prove a negative, mate.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Its time to kick California to the curb. We don't need them - they need us. And thats too bad. They chose to ignore US law and declare themselves a sanctuary state. Let them drown in their own sewage. You don't get to break the law and reap the benefits of greater political presence for having done so.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join