It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to get out the hoe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Don't get me envious.

The grounds still frozen here. Hrrrmpphhhh.....

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

So I went out yesterday and laid out a template for size and location. I made it about 20 X 15 with a border around it for the marigolds and such, I thought of trying some other techniques so I don't have to share with the rabbits. I have some chicken wire fencing but will likely need to get some more. There was a pretty heavy frost last night, brrr. Today, I think I'll work on the tiller and get started. I have no idea how rocky the plot will be and there will likely be at least one more frost around mid April.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well, here it is.
Yesterday after work.

and today.

*fingers crossed* for a 'bumper'crop as I have promised the entire town to share in my spoils!!!! I am sort of impatient so I bought some real plants to watch while waiting on the seedlings to sprout.
There's some corn, maters, all kinds of squash, peas and bush beans multiple peppers and of course, marigolds and geraniums lining the outside to test the old wives tales that those flowers repel the critters. Scallions, radish and parsley going in tomorrow...
It was really fun and difficult battling through a lengthy illness that seems to have it's talons lodged deeply in me.
New antibiotics should do the trick, hopefully LOL

Hope all is well with you and yours

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I might do a container garden, but an in-ground is not happening. I tried that a few years ago and despite my best efforts, the wild animals got to everything (carrots, peas, watermelon, leeks & beets) before we could. I had much better success with a container garden on the deck (habaneros, tomatoes, eggplant & I sprouted romaine for poops and chuckles, that was actually tasty picking the sprouts)

If we do anything at all this year, we're thinking of completely redoing the front flowerbeds. My husband wants to put in roses, but I think it's probably too shady even for shade-friendly ones, azaleas might be a better option. I'm really fond of the idea of putting in boxwood for hedging, and putting the flowers in front of that. We'll just have to see how the short-term goes, it'd be a bit of a costly undertaking that we didn't budget for this spring.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join