It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stunning Statistical Fraud Behind The Global Warming Scare

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Large scale human migration and misery.

Nothing like that happening. Besides, it's nothing a wall can't fix.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Large scale human migration and misery.

Nothing like that happening. Besides, it's nothing a wall technology and energy can't fix.

Fixed that for you.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

We've gone through this before Phage. How many papers have you written?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: amazing

But there you go. Why should I believe you? You might be right. But I have actual scientists and scientific organizations and college departments and thousands of papers telling me the there is a thing "man made global warming". 

Are they using adjusted numbers in all of those scientific organizations, college departments, and thousands of papers telling you that there is man made global warming?

Are they adjusting the numbers, or aren't they?

Here's the question. Are most of those scientists inept or really good at their jobs? Are most of them honest doing good science or agenda driven and lying to us? Those are the two questions you need to ask. for a majority of scientists to be inept and not do good science...well that doesn't seem very likely. You, of course, will get a few bad scientists but most will be competent. As with any profession. Next is, are most of them corrupt and lying to us? That would make it the biggest conspiracy known to man, ever and for that to happen, all of the support staff, professors, researchers, interns, students, secretaries, administrators, IT staff, editors..that would number in the hundreds of thousands. That doesn't seem very likely. Does it?

So to answer your question...I have no idea if they adjusted numbers, further more I have no idea of adjusting some numbers is scientifically valid and done for a good reason. How would I? I'm not a scientist. Ask me the same questions of accounting or law or curriculum development or Astrophysics, or surgery, or dental implants or the millions of other things that I know nothing about.

But I trust those millions of other experts to guide me in the right direction and do what they do. Not like a sheep, I question, but as all of us do, we defer to the experts. I think you're getting too caught up in the minor details. It's those two big questions I asked that will show you the truth.

Most of them are lying or telling the truth...most of them are corrupt or honest. Which is more likely?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Scientists have long been alarmed by the rate at which ice is melting in the Arctic around the North Pole. According to recent reports, the Arctic may be ice-free by 2040 due to climate change.

The Antarctic, the region around the South Pole on the other side of the world, was thus far deemed more stable, as its ice had been shown to melt slower and in a less regular pattern.

But a new study examining the current state of the Antarctic ice sheet shows that glaciers there are actually retreating at great speed, thereby contributing to a rise in sea levels.

In fact, Antarctica could soon overtake Greenland to become the biggest source of sea-level rise.

They found that almost a quarter of West Antarctic glaciers are retreating today faster than the average ice stream did at the end of the last ice age around 20,000 years ago, when sea levels were still 120 meters (394 feet) lower than they are today.

"This is very alarming, especially for people who live in low-lying areas," Konrad said.

Antarctica is melting from below and that's bad news

The stunning fraudsters strike again, eh?

*sigh*

edit on 4-4-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

We may not be climate scientist but those of us who listened to the so called experts and read their news releases of impending doom..... forecast about sea level rise, or an arctic free of ice, or all the poor polar bears will be dead when in actuality the population has increased.. We can read what was said and see if any of their forecast have come true.. I guess they believed in their super computer models more than reality; probably watched the Matrix to many times ?... For NONE OF THEIR DOOM has shown it's cards as of yet unless you count the Joker as a playable card.

The latest update as of April 4, 2018 on the ice at the north and south poles ... They were right, the Bering sea is basically ice free...because... there were some very strong winds that pushed the ice back to the main 5 meter thick ice sheet. Not quite the way they predicted as heat had nothing to do with the event.. But.. anyone can look at an aerial map and see for themselves. The video quotes some of the agencies and climate experts who declared the Arctic will be ice free.. Of course all were spectacularly wrong...and yet they continue to push that crap believing (I suppose) we the sheeple will not take the time to look at a map..

youtu.be...

More on the fiddled numbers as NASA has said the temp has increased three times the amount over what the satellite numbers show. They were only able to do that by dropping or adjusting actual recorded numbers from the past temperature records... youtu.be...

Think about human nature or maybe I should say the nature of some humans..(scenario) I am the government of an Island chain and when the global warming craze started I figured out there was money to be made if I could jump on the sea level rise fear mongering.. Sea level rise I will make money...if no rise I am gonna make a lot of money... Safe bet.

I have my propaganda machine (news network) crank out how the whole island is going to flood and maybe disappear...Scares the sheep and they start making plans to move to a better higher spot on the planet.. In the meantime I pick up their property for pennies on the dollar because I am the loving caring government... and the funny thing is since I am the government all the money has come from international relief organizations.. 30 years passes and guess what...the island is still there and the only big change are some really nice hotels and tourist spots for a great vacation. youtu.be...

Last video showing models versus reality... Models are so far off we should request a refund for all the research. youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

They also predicted mass migrations of people fleeing southern latitudes due to environmental destruction and lack of fresh water. That has never become an issue. Has it?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Just wait for it.

Four billion people — or two out of every three on the planet — do not have enough water to meet their basic needs. That is far greater than previously understood, according to a new study that presents a more accurate picture of the problem.

Water scarcity is fueled by population growth, consumption habits and demands from agriculture.

Its impact is evident on the landscape, said Arjen Hoekstra, a professor of water management at the University of Twente in the Netherlands and co-author of the new study in the journal Science Advances.

"Groundwater levels decline and lakes disappear,” Hoekstra said. “You have less water flowing in the rivers. This threatens ecosystems and biodiversity, and harms local downstream communities where water will not flow."

4 Billion People Lack Fresh Water

Lack of fresh water could hit half the world’s population by 2050
edit on 6-4-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You fail to understand sarcasm. The "immigration crisis" is in fact due to people fleeing southern regions. Because their cultures differ from the places they are seeking refuge in, it is creating political crises.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Should have known better, ashes over my head.

The "immigration crisis" is in fact due to people fleeing southern regions. Because their cultures differ from the places they are seeking refuge in, it is creating political crises.

No, that's our wars on everything and economic exploitation on a global scale. Our lack of culture is causing the issues in the first place, pretty much all of them.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

We may not be climate scientist but those of us who listened to the so called experts and read their news releases of impending doom..... forecast about sea level rise, or an arctic free of ice, or all the poor polar bears will be dead when in actuality the population has increased.. We can read what was said and see if any of their forecast have come true.. I guess they believed in their super computer models more than reality; probably watched the Matrix to many times ?... For NONE OF THEIR DOOM has shown it's cards as of yet unless you count the Joker as a playable card.

The latest update as of April 4, 2018 on the ice at the north and south poles ... They were right, the Bering sea is basically ice free...because... there were some very strong winds that pushed the ice back to the main 5 meter thick ice sheet. Not quite the way they predicted as heat had nothing to do with the event.. But.. anyone can look at an aerial map and see for themselves. The video quotes some of the agencies and climate experts who declared the Arctic will be ice free.. Of course all were spectacularly wrong...and yet they continue to push that crap believing (I suppose) we the sheeple will not take the time to look at a map..

youtu.be...

More on the fiddled numbers as NASA has said the temp has increased three times the amount over what the satellite numbers show. They were only able to do that by dropping or adjusting actual recorded numbers from the past temperature records... youtu.be...

Think about human nature or maybe I should say the nature of some humans..(scenario) I am the government of an Island chain and when the global warming craze started I figured out there was money to be made if I could jump on the sea level rise fear mongering.. Sea level rise I will make money...if no rise I am gonna make a lot of money... Safe bet.

I have my propaganda machine (news network) crank out how the whole island is going to flood and maybe disappear...Scares the sheep and they start making plans to move to a better higher spot on the planet.. In the meantime I pick up their property for pennies on the dollar because I am the loving caring government... and the funny thing is since I am the government all the money has come from international relief organizations.. 30 years passes and guess what...the island is still there and the only big change are some really nice hotels and tourist spots for a great vacation. youtu.be...

Last video showing models versus reality... Models are so far off we should request a refund for all the research. youtu.be...

According to the NOAA

Global sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has increased in recent decades. In 2014, global sea level was 2.6 inches above the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record (1993-present). Sea level continues to rise at a rate of about one-eighth of an inch per year.

Not sure if that's related to man made global warming but the sea is rsing and the rise has accelerated in recent decades which coincides with our warming climate.

and this is from last year from NASA

Arctic sea ice appears to have reached on March 7 a record low wintertime maximum extent, according to scientists at NASA and the NASA-supported National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) in Boulder, Colorado. And on the opposite side of the planet, on March 3 sea ice around Antarctica hit its lowest extent ever recorded by satellites at the end of summer in the Southern Hemisphere, a surprising turn of events after decades of moderate sea ice expansion.

So It still appears that sea ice is shrinking more than it used to and the sea is rising more than it used to and the climate is warming more than it used to.

All I'm saying is that the climate predictions might not all be correct but the data underlying it clearly indicates a warming globe (earth).

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Global sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has increased in recent decades. In 2014, global sea level was 2.6 inches above the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record (1993-present). Sea level continues to rise at a rate of about one-eighth of an inch per year. 

Once again here we go with the old adjusted figures conundrum.

Were those numbers adjusted or not?

These Australian scientists say they are adjusted to the upper measurements.

Australian Scientist

Just because it is a Fox News article does not mean that the Australian Scientists can't do their own measurements, that just so happen to be unadjusted.

The numbers don't lie, well unless you adjust them to fit your specific needs.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

No, that's our wars on everything and economic exploitation on a global scale. Our lack of culture is causing the issues in the first place, pretty much all of them.

If we are the cause of their suffering why are they taking refuge here? The political instability is due in no small measure to failing resources. When water supplies are limited, societies prioritize the resources along tribal lines, leading to the sort of conflict we see in North Africa.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

This youtube skits do not provide any actual evidence that backs your claims up. It simply an opinion piece with pseudo facts...

Here is some actual evidence thst the world is indeed warming:
One-degree rise in temperature causes ripple effect in world’s largest High Arctic lake

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Australian Scientist

Just because it is a Fox News article does not mean that the Australian Scientists can't do their own measurements, that just so happen to be unadjusted.

Here's a good article on adjustments and why they are made and what impact they have. Makes sense to me.

www.carbonbrief.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I have always been skeptical of any particular position on any subject, when the presenting person will be unemployed when they are wrong.

Can you imagine a professor from a major college on climate science, stepping up to a podium, and stating "Hey, what do ya know, there really isn't global warming after all!!"

The likelihood of that happening, has about the same odds as Tufts making it to the final 4. Tufts actually has the advantage there, because, they do indeed have a basketball team.

Fred..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Australian Scientist

Here's a good article on adjustments and why they are made and what impact they have. Makes sense to me.

www.carbonbrief.org...

Note: The author of this article was a member of the team that produced the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project. In addition, he is the lead author on the paper mentioned assessing the Karl et al 2015 buoy corrections and the paper on US climate reference network comparisons.

No signs of bias there...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: amazing

Australian Scientist

www.carbonbrief.org...

Note: The author of this article was a member of the team that produced the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project. In addition, he is the lead author on the paper mentioned assessing the Karl et al 2015 buoy corrections and the paper on US climate reference network comparisons.

But it does show why there are adjustments. I think this is a false thing to talk about. Like we have better understandings and measurement tools and processes now. Wouldn't we do adjustments? Like Stephen Hawking still working on stuff that Einstien did. That doesn't mean the Hawking is a fraud for making adjustments.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Right, just science.
Richard Muller:

CALL me a converted skeptic. Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming.

He started out trying to show that the data was improperly manipulated. He found out that he was wrong about that.
www.nytimes.com...

But, I see that there are still those who deny that the planet is warming. Human caused, or otherwise.

edit on 4/7/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
But, I see that there are still those who deny that the planet is warming. Human caused, or otherwise.

Yes there are, and there are people who say the world is warming less than is extrapolated, and there are those who say that warming is better than cooling, and there are those who say that human influence is minimal either way, and still others who say that no matter what is happening it is no reason to force mankind to step backwards with our energy sector and technology.

But, I see there are still those who are very simplistic black/white and blame mankind for everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join